It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if war breaks out?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm prepared.

Hide.

Hide.

Shhhhhh..............

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If you have been paying any attention,like filling the holes in all of the things you have been taught.

You,Me,Everyone who is left as a laborer,or able to do any type of work is the prize.

It's about our hearts and minds;we all should be familiar with that phrasolgy.

Most americans probably missed it.

Dat B Y.

Nukes are an area denial weapon.

They probably won't be used,but that is why governments fear them.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
you asked, im going to tell.

I would quickly buy out stores and there canned foods. Make a bomb shelter in my basement and stock it with weapons, ammunition, food and water. some blankets, lots of clothes andsurvival kits. Probably bring alot of weapon making equipment also.

i wouldnt go to work. and as soon as the sirens went off, there i go into my basement for 2 weeks for the radiation to clear... Then... i go fallout 3 mode

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I will defend my country. I trained in Turkish army for 15 months.

I can drive this vehicle(Zırhlı Muharebe Aracı);
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d46ce68fa74e.jpg[/atsimg]

This is my babe;
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10350258549b.jpg[/atsimg]
hk-33 piyade tüfeği.

And I'm not alone.

Good luck to our enemies

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If a real war pops off in some other nation I do not forsee myself being willing to go and fight, I have no problems with anyone in some far off land. If anything they are the same as me, an innocent victim of the regime under which they live. Killing other poor people in some distant place for the implementation of corrupt foreign policy, why no thanks.

If war ever hit U.S. soil, I would do what every man would or should do when his country is under attack, gear up and prepare to defend my home.

The funny part is that my true enemies, as in those who make my life difficult and who wish me harm, all wear suit's and tie's and work in places like Wall St and the pentagon.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lalande 21185

15 months,hummm! you must have been promoted to what General ? Seriously,do you understand that dynamics of a mission statement? 15 months wow you are the greatest, way to hang in there!!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike184ever
reply to post by lalande 21185

15 months,hummm! you must have been promoted to what General ? Seriously,do you understand that dynamics of a mission statement? 15 months wow you are the greatest, way to hang in there!!

I liked your sense of humor .

Military service in Turkey is compulsory for all male citizens between 20 - 41 years of age (with some exceptions such as handicapped, or mentally ill, or not healthy people). Women are allowed only to become officers choosing it as a career enrolling in military schools and not as conscripts. Those men who are 20 years of age but still continue their higher education at Universities or vocational training programs are allowed to postpone their draft until they have completed these programs. The duration of the basic military service varies: 15 months for privates.

I was a sergeant (Çavuş).
edit on 5-12-2010 by lalande 21185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Anyone with significant military experience will have some advantage over most people without military experience. (significat being more than 2 years in the military)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If there's a real war that breaks out, I suppose my best bet would be to size up both sides to see which one more closely approximates my political viewpoints, and join it.

That way, I'll instantly reduce the number of people who want to kill me by half.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Ruuuuuunnnnnnnnnnn...hideeeeeee and fight back.....that probably will be my tactic....I have a family to take care of , so I'd have to run and hide first.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Right on friend

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Judge_Holden

Thats not the point of the thread it's hypothetical question. Please understand that the OP wasnt asking if it is possible. infact it doesnt even hint at the possibility of it, It's a question what would YOU do IF it happened.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
A few posts back there was a discussion of how the Chinese could or could not invade US. Let me some up.

Blue Water Navy and Amphibous capability, not a major threat for about another 15-20 years.

Commmercial load carrying capability huge, but not optimized for landings.

So what about a patient, long approach. Over several years, the commercial force, slowly a ship or two a time every couple of days,....delivers equipment, supplies, troops, tanks, artillery, material for bases and camps, even aircraft and surface to surface missiles...to the desolate parts of mexico. After 10 or more years of this, you could easily have large, but spread out difficult to detect, heavy mechanized force.

At the appropriate time this force attacks while in conjunction with multiple terrorist attacks, uprising by discedent groups, bombings, airborne drops, amphib landings....it could get real crazy....maybe even force us into some sort of settlement if enough surprise was gained.

I don't think they could pull it off, but they are a very patient people.....never say never.....

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I will liberate millions in cash diamonds and gold from 7 places of interest to me.

Wait for it to be over and then, hey presto, im now an Elite.

Happy days!!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Pick up the. 50 cal and post up 600 meters away from the port. One shot one kill, semper fi

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

Hey MarineSniper Dude, how much .50 cal. and a spare bbl. can you personally carry on your back? Just a question I thought just as soon as I saw your post.Because I only ask this question as a result of thinking the only reason anouther country would invade this country would be for monitary reasons....and if USA is broke how does the LOG PACK get to your A.O. with all those bullets you are shooting......just an enquiring mind here,you know how it goes!!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 30thjan1933

BINGO

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I would go down my list and kill every last person on it. Then with the left over ammo I would go around robbing as many people as I could of food, water and supplies. After that I would retreat quietly to my bunker were I would peacefully wait out the war.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Im about 15-20 mins from the lovely Three Mile Island. That place isn't trust worthy in peace time much less if America was attacked.
With that said i would have to get out of dodge and hunker down somewhere far. No continuing as normal for me. I have survival skills if needed. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to kill anyone or anything that might put my life in danger. Would be more worried about running into a bear out here than any opposing troops. Ofcourse, i feel America itself poses the biggest threat to the people. And if it's civil war that breaks out i fear "we the people" stand no real chance. Its not musket vs. musket this time around. Its hunting rifles and handguns vs. Chemical war fair and drones dropping bombs. We would be fighting a bunch of people sitting in the safety of a bunker somewhere thousands of miles from the actual "combat zone"
So if war breaks out with in the boarders of America, chances are i wouldn't work, i wouldn't hide. i would just stand up and face it head on. Im not scared to die.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Thinair1

Do you expect an enemy to give us advanced warning they will attack? "Hey Obama, its China. So uh listen, in about 6 months were going to invade your country and start a war. Hope thats cool. Tell the wife we said hi."
I highly doubt that after it all started you would have any chance to do even one of the things on your list. Just converting your basement properly would take months or even years depending on how much help you have. And buying out stores??.. it would be full scale looting if there was war on our land. or at the least, the entire "sheep" heard would be trying to do the same thing. the stores would be packed. that in itself would be a full days work just to get through one store. by the time your done there all other stores would be sold out of anything of use. rethink that plan and maybe get a start before its to late. Better safe than sorry.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join