It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 50,000 people march in Dublin over budget cuts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e541c49dd72c.jpg[/atsimg]

Addressing the crowd on a podium at the GPO Irish Times columnist Fintan O’Toole said the Government is doing a deal with people who were never elected.

He said the country was paying billions to bail out the banks and that the Government had declared war on the poor. He said Irish people were not subjects, but citizens, and wanted their republic back.

ICTU president Jack O'Connor told protestors the country had been brought "to its knees" by the Government and bankers.

"Several generations of Irish men and women" will have to foot the bill, Mr O'Connor said.

Congress general secretary David Begg said that Dick Turpin at least wore a mask when he robbed people.

SOURCE

There goes an other one.
Generations of Irish people can pay of this bill and for what.
So where is this money they lend going to go anyway?
To pay of the failed banks and the people can pay for it.

So sad to think of all these people in debt and no means to pay them off.
Unemployment figures are so high in ireland at the moment.
Lots of people have been paying crazy amounts of money to buy a house in the last years with very large loans.
Only to see prices drop to half in some cases.

Fair change this will not be the last country that falls into this scenario.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
And all that money is going to bail out the banks on the backs of the Irish people. When are we all going to learn. We need to start letting these banks fail and absorb whatever fall out comes from it. It's either do it now or wait until later when the fallout could be even worse.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It seems that the points this man "Nigel Farage" is making seem more and more true.

VIDEO
edit on 27-11-2010 by jaamaan because: i just cannot get this video embedded

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If the protesters think its bad now wait a few years, then its just plain f'ugly:

The interest rate to be charged on the European Unions/International Monetary Fund package is likely to be 6.7% for nine-year money.

This compares to an average borrowing rate of 4.7% on funds raised by the NTMA over the past two years. In May, Greece arranged an EU/IMF loan for three years at 5.2%.

The Government's four year plan assumes that by 2014, interest payments will have increased from €2.5bn to €8.4 bn a year - around one fifth of all tax revenue.

Note that last paragraph. Hope the Irish are stocking up on spuds.

src
brill

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I believe that if you push us around, THERE WILL BE BLOOD. They know it, that is why they want to start ww3. The people should FREDDY CRUGER their a##
edit on 27-11-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Do you have a link for that information?
Very frightening figures !

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Thank god they are speaking up.. will it work? I fear it is to late.. I just hope our Irish brothers and sister know that we stand with them in their struggles against the smothering power of international bankers.

Never give up your freedoms. Bever surrender your right to self government. Never let a banker dictate your policy!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Its bad now.. its bad enough to fight now. I posted stats on another irish thread, but the total bailout comes to $23k euros per man woman and child.. its the most expensive bailout per capita yet.

Also the single largest tax hike in the world since the recession began.. starting january $2,300 euro in new taxes for those making over 55k euros/anum ... its fight worthy bad today, not tomorrow.. you have to stop this crap before it starts.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Is that including the interest?

I could do with some hard figures because this one looks realy bad.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I believe each country is a company ...
The UK is known as the Corporation of the United Kingdom
Each Citizen that is registered at birth has the birth certificate number floated on the stock exchange
Then becoming a commodity of the Company ... IE they own your Ass....

Now the EEU is the company they have to bankrupt every member country and then reinstate
the Company so the Chattels (Me and You) are now owned by the Corporation of the EEU....

Once the Corporation of the EEU has control you have no sovereingty...
So the Bill of Rights
The Magna Carta
Or your Constitution no longer Officially exsist...

They may be tyrants but they do like to do things in an orderly and legal fashion...

No IMF... No EEU.. No NWO ....
Its better to be poor with rights .... Than owned as a slave....
Go Ireland the world is with you...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I wonder how much Prince William and Kate's wedding will cost?

The monarchy has been leaching off the people of the British Realm for far too long.

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest - Denis Diderot

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
reply to post by brill

Do you have a link for that information?
Very frightening figures !

Yes I referenced the source in my post.
2nd

brill

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by brill

Its bad now.. its bad enough to fight now. I posted stats on another irish thread, but the total bailout comes to $23k euros per man woman and child.. its the most expensive bailout per capita yet.

Also the single largest tax hike in the world since the recession began.. starting january $2,300 euro in new taxes for those making over 55k euros/anum ... its fight worthy bad today, not tomorrow.. you have to stop this crap before it starts.

True, so true. It is a very bad deal for the Irish and sadly they will suffer hard. The problem with most of the PIIGS protesting I've seen is that initially there is an effort to make TPTB aware of their displeasure but overall things calmed down for the most part. Greece put up a stink as did France but life has resumed for most albeit with a bitter pill to swallow. I don't think things will go full retard until people can't get food, that's a game changer. Its a blend of apathy and seeing how bad your own personal situation is versus others I suppose.

brill

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
reply to post by Rockpuck

Is that including the interest?

I could do with some hard figures because this one looks realy bad.

This does not include interest, and the terms of the loan are not public. Like the % of the interest being charged. Or for how long. Though if the bailout is in the 100-b euro range, even at 2% interest for 10yr notes, it would take over 15% of the irish budget to service this debt alone. Especially since unemployment is still skyrocketing and tax receipts are falling.. last year saw 7-8% decline in the Irish economy...

The only way Ireland can survive thr bankers wrath is very high taxes and drastically cutting the budget.... just to pay the bankers....

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I left Ireland with my family nearly 5 years ago but went home this year and the change was amazing. Things had gotten a lot worse than I had imagined. It's hard to see your family and friends suffering because of a small elite cartel of politicians, banksters and builders which brought the country to it's knees - and have gotten away with it

This winter is going to be bleak with hikes in taxes, utility bills, a doubling of the carbon tax and introduction of water rates and property taxes all on the way.

I can only hope that the people rise up against the politicians who made this mess, kick them out and never forget what they have done to our great country.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

In case you missed it, it is democratically elected politicians that created this mess.. not Monarchs.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
We are all one against the banksters and the whole nest of vipers.

second

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by ofhumandescent

In case you missed it, it is democratically elected politicians that created this mess.. not Monarchs.

We have not had either a democracy or real elections for decades. The candidates are placed by the puppeteers and we have a choice between banksters moll (blue variety) or banksters moll (red variety).

They feed the illusion that this is democracy but in fact it is plain and simple autocracy.

edit on 27-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
lt breaks my heart to see whats happening to lreland. So many years they have fought for their beautiful country. They say the pen is mightier than the sword, how horribly true that is. with the signing of the Lisbon Treaty, "the stroke of the pen" Their government signed their country away to Europe. lts criminal and heartbreaking. Peace and love starchild.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Is it possible to make an informative thread in which ties between banks and politics are exposed?
As i understand it, this bailout is to prevent contamination to other banks and country's with exposure to ireland.
So it is not to help this country, but to save those who have investments in there.

I could be wrong, and am not an economist but global we are getting presented the bill as taxpayers without any justice that those responsible are caught.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join