It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real-Life Superheros Could Be Protecting Your Ass At This Very Moment.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You seem like a 4Chan type of person

Not sure how I feel about some random in tights coming to save the day, but the idea of ordinary people standing up for human kind and earth is pretty awesome. It's getting harder to trust the police, the majority of them have gone to...The dark side, and are extremely trigger happy.
Good find! Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I agree, the last thing we need are more super-heros. I'm on a tight budget as it is, I just can't afford to manufacture extra Doombots for heros to destroy. I'm already subcontracting a lot of villiany to Professor Chaos just to cut costs.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

I know the feeling of the dark side of law enorcement but Ill save my words cause their not very nice ones

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
As far as i am concerned these geeks are just that, geeks that cant find the line between fantasy and reality
The TRUE heroes are the firefighter that goes into that burning building to save an invalid elderly from burning to death, the paramedic that crawls into a smashed car to save an infant, the counselor from an underbudgeted shelter that prowls along the alleys and streets for runaways, underaged prostitutes, addicted drug users, the cop that puts himself between the gun toting robber and the unarmed potential hostages, the soldier that spends holidays away from home helping protect democracy, THOSE are TRUE HEROES as far as I am concerned

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Professor Chaos FTW!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a49ba1bb075.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by mother1138

so you dont trust the police / government - but you will trust some self appointed " super hero " ?

Many years ago my wise old grandfather told me to always call the fire department if ANYthing went wrong.

NOT THE COPS.

The FD would get there sooner with sirens full blast, they are better trained and won't shoot you by mistake.

FireFighters............the real Super heros.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Your grandmother is/was a bright person...I wonder how you grew up so...so...yknow...so whaaa!

Police and Fire Fighters are true heroes (the honest ones doing it for the right reasons).

But lets never assume that heroes are only those who carry guns, badges, government paid equipment and flashy lights.

Anyone with drive, honesty in their heart, and the ability to help in any way CAN achieve the status of "hero".

As for people calling these guys geeks/losers/vigilantes/criminals...

Yeah, Spider-Man had to put up with all that before...its water off a radioactive spider's back.

MM
edit on 27-11-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thats great advice. kudos

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mother1138

Real-Life Superheros Could Be Protecting Your Ass At This Very Moment.

www.datelinezero.com

Two things have been in short supply in recent years: 1) An actual sense of protection. 2) Sincere acts of heroism.
Where to turn for real help, security, and heroism?

Real-life superheros have begun to spring up everywhere. In fact, there are so many real-life superheros running around the city of Seattle that the local police have been encouraged to study up on the real life superhero movement to familiarize themselves with a growing trend.
(visit the link for the full news article)

"My ass" neither needs nor does it desire any protective services by any "super hero". I am quite capable of looking out for myself.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

"My ass" neither needs nor does it desire any protective services by any "super hero". I am quite capable of looking out for myself.

I think you (and a few other big guys here) are missing something. YOU do not need a super hero...you...YOU are strong enough to defend yourself and need no other man or woman "there for you".

The world is not that hard for you I guess?

But, let me go back in my mind and paint you a certain night I remember so well.

It was a clear night of summer in Connecticut and all was quite and calm. Until a scream came from behind a local CVS store. The scream was not words, just the sound a young child makes when terrified.

No police were there...No fire fighters were there...nobody was there to save the day accept for a group of 20+ individuals in Masks dedicated to "standing correctly and defending what is right".

Rushing behind the building, a small girl about 15 years of age was being pulled into a car and was being groped by an old man with a sneer over his foul face of evil.

The heroes rushed him, grabbed him and held him down. The girl was at first consumed with fear assuming it was a gang rape in progress, soon her eyes saw the truth.

The man was pushed against the car. Not a single punch was thrown, there was just too many heroes to even consider fighting.

One hero called the police, another called her parents, another called her brother, another called more heroes.

Within an hour the police arrived (yes it took the police almost an hour to come, but in their defense they knew who we were, how many of us were present, and that the situation was handled).

There was a knife found and the man was drunk...but the heroes were victorious and her family was overjoyed and on the brink of tears. Money was offered and not a dollar was accepted. While holding up one hand, one hero said-

"We would have died to save one life. Money was not our intent, saving your daughter was".

At that the police thanked us and allowed us to retell the tale to three other officers. The cop replied-

"you guys are crazy...good work...don't get killed".

That night reminds me often- that ANYONE can save the day...and when you ask that girl's parents if she gave a damn that her kid's "heroes" were just "geeks and vigilantes" they will tell you-

"I'm just glad my little girl wasn't raped by that sick bastard".

Save all your disgruntled views on "who has the right to clean up this mess we call planet earth", and don't waste your time bashing those who help in ways you slander as "minor or unimportant".

A man who spends his free time helping old ladies find their car and load groceries is just as heroic as any man GETTING PAID to wield power with a badge.

I know many police officers...and you can not tell me the fancy perks of their job have "nothing" to do with their service.

I can tell you the perks of MY job have nothing to do wit my willingness to help or die trying.

Thank you...

MM
GOD BLESS THE SUPER HEROES! and God forgive those who call them useless or stupid.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/526217b2e4b2.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 27-11-2010 by Mr Mask because: I propose a toast to the few still standing the demanding task of the Mask.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

and some of the more spiritual HEROES formed a prayer circle and went to visit to old groping man with the evil sneer in the local lock up. They prayed long and hard and eventually their efforts touched his heart and he renounced his life style of crime and madness. Another Victory for the heroes who will triumph over evil...one dark soul at a time.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Mr Mask

and some of the more spiritual HEROES formed a prayer circle and went to visit to old groping man with the evil sneer in the local lock up. They prayed long and hard and eventually their efforts touched his heart and he renounced his life style of crime and madness. Another Victory for the heroes who will triumph over evil...one dark soul at a time.

Hey, really, if that hero circle only has "prayer" to offer...then I salute them for trying.

In my long career as a dedicated Super Hero I have saved only a small handful of people and made only a few individual lives easier for very brief moments of time...

Some may say that is a waste of energy...I say that I would have wasted that energy in no other fashion.

If some folks want to pray for those who prey on the rest of us...who am I to wag a finger in shaming them?

It is all about intent...true intent...honest intent...

I can honestly say I've seen far too many police officers doing what they do dishonestly and for selfish reasons. I can also loudly explain that many officers of the law are TRUE super heroes...

Like I said...intent is key.

PS- I dunno if a rapist ever changes his/her feathers...but if he/she does, more power to them.

Alls I know for sure is that the world needs MORE super heroes.

MM
edit on 27-11-2010 by Mr Mask because: BAM BOOM POW ZAP!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

you sure you trust the moral guidance of the common man? have you been reading posts here on ATS? that in itself should concern you about the average joe knuckledraggers thoughts.

I read them...I am sure...yes.

Wait...your just trying to create arch-villians!

totally doesn't count

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

about the store story...

The problem with it is simple...what you experienced should not be considered super nor heroic...that should be how society simply acts...when one is in trouble, all people should swarm in and work together to help contain the problem....

The worst disservice you could possibly do, in my opinion, would be to say what you did is somehow detatched to what should be the norm...I am not a superhero..but I have always ran towards screams and calls for help...I have always stopped at new accidents to see if I needed to yank someone out of a burning car, etc...but that is not heroic...thats being civil in my opinion.

now...when I occasionally fly around the earth, making it spin in the opposite direction to turn back time and stop various nuclear attacks or mega earthquakes...that might be a bit above and beyond...but thats just because I have control over flight and time...anyone would

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Those spiderbites look painful don't they?

edit on 27-11-2010 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Just wanted to say, dude, your story gave me the chills (in a good way).

On to the subject. Remember, y'all, humanity relied on themselves and others for protection long before they relied on police officers. When you can't trust the Man, it's time to go back to the basics. I don't think we need, or don't need these superheroes. I think what we need is for everyone to learn to stand up for what they think is right. We need to learn to take care of others as well as ourselves. And clearly, these superheroes are showing us the way.

I say, good for them, be careful and good luck.

I won't be donning a mask anytime soon, but if someone needs help, and I can offer it, then I will. I find that's usually enough.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale

I won't be donning a mask anytime soon, but if someone needs help, and I can offer it, then I will. I find that's usually enough.

Actually, that part seems pretty cool...just not sure I would go with the hockey mask style...I am more of a batman hoodie type person I think...

and once you make up the costume, you can't just change it when you think of something better...your sort of stuck...at best, you can slightly alter the color, but even then, people frown.

Poor Mint Berry Crunch...stuck being a half berry superhero forever...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Wait...your just trying to create arch-villians!

totally doesn't count

So what?

about the store story...

The problem with it is simple...what you experienced should not be considered super nor heroic...that should be how society simply acts...

I completely agree! Unfortunately that is not often the case. Most do not act. Acting is not the only factor in judging a Super Hero (IMHO), its the drive and premeditated actions that get you seeking trouble to stop it. It is also the unquenchable desire to do it in a costume or Mask (but not always the case) and its the undying "knowing" of thinking yourself destined to help.

This can be applied to many Doctors, Nurses, Officers, Soldiers and various other people within almost any profession.

But doing it because you MUST protect and serve your fellow man, due to an inner power you can't seem to control- is key to being a Super Hero (again IMHO).

when one is in trouble, all people should swarm in and work together to help contain the problem....

I agree...but again, we are time and time confronted with a populace that rather laugh at (or masturbate to) atrocity then to actively stop it.

The worst disservice you could possibly do, in my opinion, would be to say what you did is somehow detatched to what should be the norm...

What any Hero does should be the norm...seeing that it is not that way is easy.

I am not a superhero...

Funny how you seem to think like one.

but I have always ran towards screams and calls for help...I have always stopped at new accidents to see if I needed to yank someone out of a burning car, etc...but that is not heroic...thats being civil in my opinion.

Civil Hero...Super Hero...what ever you like...words are meaningless, interchangeable, intangible as we both know. If you want to be called "Civil Hero" I think that would be A SUPER AWESOME SUPER HERO NAME!!!

now...when I occasionally fly around the earth, making it spin in the opposite direction to turn back time and stop various nuclear attacks or mega earthquakes...that might be a bit above and beyond...but thats just because I have control over flight and time...anyone would

Ahh...well, that kind of Super Hero would surly be a great addition to the numbers of them I know.

If you ever want to sit on a roof and listen for trouble with a team of Heroes...give me a call.

PS- Many Super Heroes were unaware of their purpose and powers long before donning the mantel of being a Super Hero...Its very classic age to refuse your own Super Heroism...but it never lasts long... eventually you know.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I would let this one save me.

This reminds me of Stan Lee’s “Who Wants to be a Superhero”.

en.wikipedia.org...

Raist

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I just watched the movie kick ass the other night
it was not half bad, I enjoyed it
I guess this follows that like the way kids used to imitate power rangers
seems the people in the pics in the link are from that generation ....

then there is the 'Guardian Angels" I wonder if they are still around ?

good line RP

i wonder how much of that mentality drives the personas on forums like this one?

edit on 26-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

kick ass was simply brilliant

soundtrack amazing ... it was one of the best movies of the year in my opinion

its there with inception

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join