It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search of 'Bomb Factory' House in California Halted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Search of 'Bomb Factory' House in California Halted

www.aolnews.com

(Nov. 26) -- After finding a record cache of homemade explosives, San Diego County authorities have announced they are halting their search of the densely packed home, saying it is too dangerous to continue.

Local and federal agents have discovered blasting caps and pentaerythritol tetranitrate, a powerful plastic explosive known as PETN, along with a huge supply of weapons-making materials at the home of an Escondido man who is in jail on bomb-making charges, the Los Angeles Times reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.latimes.com
edition.cnn.com

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I did a search and found nothing on this story.This is a very disturbing find in California.Authorities halted the search because it was too dangerous, now this is some serious stuff going on there. I can only wonder what his intentions were,but wherever or whoever he planned to use these against just got an early christmas gift. I will have to keep an eye on this to see where it goes and what he has to say about this.

www.aolnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

"Inside a home, it's going to blow all the windows and doors and walls out, but it's not going to destroy the neighborhood. People would be in danger if they were immediately in front of the house or adjacent to the house," he said. " It would be almost like a gas explosion." Bomb squads must be wary of potential booby traps, Cavanaugh said. "These explosives, like HMTD, I call the devil's own mixtures, and they can be set off by shock, friction, static electricity, heat, flame or even a chemical reaction," he said. "Added to the danger is that they are difficult to find in a filthy hoarder's hovel."

CNN

I would want to proceed with caution too...

new topics

join