It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea at brink of war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

North Korea at brink of war

www.ctv.ca

North Korea warned the conditions brewing in the Korea peninsula have pushed it to the "brink of war."

...While the U.S. has sent a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier to the Yellow Sea to take part in the exercises with with South Korea, CTV's South Asia Bureau Chief Janis Mackey Frayer said there seem to be few options for cooling things down with North Korea.

"This sort of provocation has gone on for decades and in this case, there are no good options and certainly no new options,"...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I believe the very first incident, just a few days ago, was a tactical maneuver from the US, and most likely will be used as pretex to take part if a conflict should arise from the upcoming military drills planned for this weekend.

But from the looks of it, and an earie silence among the media, sort of leads me to that understanding.

It would be great to hear from a person with close ties to the region.

www.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Certainly isn't looking good.

Just thought I'd tell you there are a few threads on this now, just have a look in "recent posts" or use the search tab to find them. Mods will more than likely close this thread but thanks anyway for posting this dire information

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
When the carrier group arrives they should immediately launch a thousand missiles into North Korean airspace where they all explode into a massive pyrotechnic display that reads in Korean:

This is your final warning! Next time real warheads!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Thats great, I did search but I still need to get the hang of this search engine... Although did they cite this article?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think there is something bigger going on there. Not sure what yet.

link   
Did you look at the front page of the Breaking Alternative News sections? Several NK threads already ongoing covering this topic and others.

Mods delete.

link   

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Thank you, I also managed to find a few from yesterday.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It was said that China doesn't want a unified Korea because they are afraid of their borders being manned by American Soldiers. Well If America said that we wouldn't be in their border and just let South Korea and Japan fight North Korea and unify it I am sure that China might agree. China just has to make sure that refugees just don't cross into China. I am sure it could be worked out. Let the poor people of North Korea stop suffering.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Kim's a massive tit. Bombs a country for no reason after detonating a nuclear bomb and then expects everybody to just deal with it. If China gives the USA permission to do so, I say as an American, give the world another light show like we did in "Shock and Awe" and then let NATO deal with the clean up.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Secularist

You are completely wrong. First of all, North Korea did not start this provocation. Secondly, the US doesn't need China's permission, I see China as a economic colony of the US. And last but not least, US is over rated, just look at their "success" in Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Brothers

It was said that China doesn't want a unified Korea because they are afraid of their borders being manned by American Soldiers. Well If America said that we wouldn't be in their border and just let South Korea and Japan fight North Korea and unify it I am sure that China might agree. China just has to make sure that refugees just don't cross into China. I am sure it could be worked out. Let the poor people of North Korea stop suffering.

China is only looking to maintain its sphere of influence in the Asian theatre as it has during the past 2000 years, and US maneuvers in that region make China look bad. But we should not forgot how closely depended both the US, China, and Japan are depended on each other. Although I strongly blame South Korea for such agressive stance towards N. Korea because they both are Koreans! Its more a civil war than a war between nations.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace

You are completely wrong. First of all, North Korea did not start this provocation. Secondly, the US doesn't need China's permission, I see China as a economic colony of the US. And last but not least, US is over rated, just look at their "success" in Afghanistan.

Well, I say youre completely wrong. NK bombed SK. What do you call that? Fun?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

If you were to refere to the fist incident of this week, it was clearly stated by all medias that S.Korea was firing artillery rounds at the border prior to the North's attack.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

If you were to refere to the fist incident of this week, it was clearly stated by all medias that S.Korea was firing artillery rounds at the border prior to the North's attack.

Okay I haven't kept up with this whole ordeal, so don't bite my head off, but I've just got a question here.

Was it that SK was firing artilery rounds AT the border, or near the border? Also, wasn't this just a military exercise of some sort? Also, wasn't this thing done several times in the past without any confrontations?

I could be wrong, but this was my understanding of the matter.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

According to whom?

The Blog site you visit?

You are 100% wrong, get over it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The skirmish began when Pyongyang warned the South to halt military drills in the area, according to South Korean officials. When Seoul refused and began firing artillery into disputed waters, albeit away from the North Korean shore, the North retaliated by bombarding the small island of Yeonpyeong, which houses South Korean military installations and a small civilian population.

The Star

The South held military drills during which they were firing shells at the disputed border (sounds fishy). Im guessing that at least a shell or two could have gone over and sparked the North to attack.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

See my post above, I usually don't write b.s.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

reply to post by unityemissions

The skirmish began when Pyongyang warned the South to halt military drills in the area, according to South Korean officials. When Seoul refused and began firing artillery into disputed waters, albeit away from the North Korean shore, the North retaliated by bombarding the small island of Yeonpyeong, which houses South Korean military installations and a small civilian population.

The Star

The South held military drills during which they were firing shells at the disputed border (sounds fishy). Im guessing that at least a shell or two could have gone over and sparked the North to attack.

Exactly, where in this article does it state they shelled NK?

It doesn't, as a matter of fact the only thing it says is they shelled the ocean in DISPUTED waters.

I'm still failing to see the logic in your post, than again I doubt it contains any.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join