It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa's new apartheid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The widening gap between South Africa's rich and poor is one of the greatest disparities in the world.

Source

I'm new to South African issues and last time I ever heard of anything from South Africa news was a coming race war. Not surprising how after many decades of apartheid by White South Africans, The promises of Nelson Mandela not being fulfilled, and classism. Who knows what will happen? What do you guys think about this news?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
If I'm honest - this has more to do with capitalism than anything else.

Although the lifting of Apartheid removed the social barriers, the economic barriers were still there because the wealth could NOT be redistributed easily like social capital could.

Therefore, in South Africa you very rarely find a truly poor white family - whereas you'll see poor black families everywhere. This shows that without redistribution of wealth; social cohesion, and justice / equality is never achievable.

This class war is raging across the planet - we, the poor, are fighting back, and we want blood.

Rev.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Um, no. "Really poor whites" are already a measurable percentage of the population, and growing.

It's always about money, and power.

The ANC have completely destriyed the economy for the enrichment of a very few largely black "comrades" who work together to steal the countries wealth for themselves.

It is however what is coming to the rest of the world really soon.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Of course my white wolf friend. Naturally, it's all the Kaffa's fault eh?

Whatever.

Rev.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Your point?
Or was that just an ad hominem?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Dude you are way out of line mate. Do not speak of things you do not know.

We live in this country, everyday, everynight we live here, we were born here. Most of the trash you see on your news channels is total and utter bs.

There is very many poor white south africans, and your utter racist remark is totally unappreciated. You are the one that should get real man.

Have you ever been here? Or do you base all your info on third hand stories and media spun propoganda nonsense.?

Do some research before you make a comment which is out of line and utterly untastefull.

VvV

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Naturally, it's all the Kaffa's fault eh?

Do you even know what you are saying?? This word is like the N word used in the US. It is a racist slang remark, you do not say this word without looking for trouble.

And I wonder why you feel you can just throw this word around without and problems. Come try that here mate, and you will be in big trouble.

VvV

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
On a scale of 0 – 100 with 100 being absolute inequality and 0 being absolute equality (of income) South Africa had.

2009: 65.0
1994: 59.3

So as you can see just from those two years reported the South African income inequality has risen to dangerous levels with rates at the second highest among all nations studied just behind Namibia, a South African neighbor nation.

I don’t believe we can simply label this the result of Capitalism because that is definitely misleading. What we can definitively label this as is corruption at the highest level of South African public authority. Quite obviously the governing body of that country is making sufficient wealth for themselves and their friends while lying to the South African peasants about Black Nationalism and Social Justice.

This same inequality is not just occurring in South Africa but also in the United States, Russia, China, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom just to name a few. If you really want to see the hands of corruption at work take a gander behind the iron curtain of your centralized bureaucracy.

www.cia.gov...
edit on 12/1/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant
Of course my white wolf friend. Naturally, it's all the Kaffa's fault eh?

Anything to pull the race card eh?

Whatever.

FK

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thank you Misoir and VreemdeVliendeVorwerp ...

censorbugbear-reports.blogspot.com...

Take a strong stomach with. Daily updates.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
South Africa gives socials grats of R80billion, which is the same as our nationa debt. There isn't a problem with money here as much as there is a problem with management. During aparheid you had respectable freedom fighters who took all the spoils after apartheid leaving more than 50% of the population in poverty, with a mostly government having 50% of the population in poverty without internet and local media, they have the power to rule forever.

I say mostly because some parts of the government really try their best, but without education most prgrammes are useless in the country to help the poor.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
As a South African, I can sure as hell tell you that this is BAD!!

White woman gets killed just because they are white, if black farmers don't get paid as much as they want to be paid, they burn down the farm, and then they protest because they need a new job!!!!

AND the ANC is leading and encouraging this all the way!!!

new topics

top topics

join