It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If extraterrestraials we're hostile, we'd either have never existed or been exterminated.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
What makes me propose this theory? Oh, well, let's take this in to account.

Our inferior technology has the capability of discovering possibly habitable planets, such as the one in the Gliese 581 system.

If us, with our inferior technology has this capability, then any neighboring civilizations that have the possibility of traveling to EARTH would also undoubtedly be ability to discover the habitability of Earth, and they would have done it

THOUSANDS IF NOT MILLIONS OF YEARS AGO

Alas, a paradox has been born, we either

A) would have never existed to begin with,
B) would have been systematically removed from the planet,
C) been used as slaves to do what they needed to do.

Obviously, A and B are out of the picture leaving C the only plausible theory, and no one wants to believe that there's a underground alien civilization controlling the earth, do they?

Well, given the fact that C was true, and there is evil aliens with a evil agenda, then yeah, they're evil, otherwise all of us who have seen UFOs that explicitly defy all principles of physics have to agree among ourselves, that they are not hostile OR it's our own technology we're not releasing.

Stephen Hawkings position is absolutely flawed. If aliens we're hostile, we WOULD already all be dead and it doesn't take a damn genius to figure that out.

Tell me, how does the government keep us in control? Well, I'll tell you how if you didn't already know. Fear.

Wake up people, aliens aren't hostile.

edit on 25-11-2010 by Revolution-2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I don't think all aliens are hostile but what if the aliens that would destroy us still haven't found us?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

That's impractical, the earth has been habitable for 100s of thousands of years.

That's my point, is that they would have discovered this planet at some point or another when the dinosaurs we're walking around, and they would of came conquered and built upon their newly founded planet.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

It could be impractical, but not impossible.

They could be on the way at this moment and arrive in a year. Maybe they all know we are here and no one is going to exterminate us.

My point is we don't know, all we can do is speculate.

My belief is that they are watching us, studying us, maybe even trying to help us. But at the end we don't know.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

No no, we can do MORE than speculate.

If an alien civilization made the decision to attack a foreign interstellar civilization, they most definitely wouldn't be showing up in rocket-powered ships, they'd have already advanced their technology to something much more significant.

They would have been here a LONG time ago.

Why wait until a civilization has nuclear capabilities to try and take them over? They know that's not going to end well. For anyone.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Not trying to refute your theory, but if they're using us as slaves.. What kind of things could we possibly be doing for them?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Maybe they haven't been given the go ahead yet, well maybe but for a few scouts, but overall i would think they would be well disiplined awaiting the correct time, lol

or is that correct order?? hmmm
edit on 25-11-2010 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Any of you who believe that aliens have visited Earth for millenia....and believe them to be hostile... need to re examine those beliefs IMO.
Why would they wait for 1000,s of years until there are more of us, more aware of their presence, more capable weapons wise ( well, in our own eyes at least) etc?
I am in the benevolent camp with both feet!!

BTW I am aware nobody has stated what I have written in the first line..Im just getting in first, and in case.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I personally o not believe in "aliens" at least not in the sense of that word. My belief is that what we call aliens are in fact angels (a debate for another time, so please don't try to start one now). Angels some being in the service of God and others being fallen, can both be hostile and not. The reason I believe that hostile ones have yet to make a major move upon the Earth is simply the hand of God preventing it at the moment. Whether or not that will last I do not know. (again another time).

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Not sure, use your imagination. Maybe they came here during the Egyptian era and started advancing human technology to the point where they could build a device to do something, given their own planet was destroyed and they took refugee here? No idea.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Lets try and keep this as religion free as we can people. Intelligent, non-bias educated opinions.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

maybe that's how we got here.

some of us are hostile and uncaring to anything other than ourselves.
we are like a good cop bad cop race. imagine being invaded by that type.

we would attack the planet and then go back down and help rebuild everything and care for the injured and be best friends with them, and 50 years later blow it all up again.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

We speculate because we truly don't know.

I think aliens capable of coming here would not have problems exterminating us even with us having nuclear bombs, that's my opinion. They could wait another 1000 years and still be much more advanced than us and in that time they could have created technology that could make nuclear bombs useless.

That's all my opinion.

edit on 25-11-2010 by danielsil18 because: grammar

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

What if this is exactly what happened. They came here, raped the land, and conquered the planet. Then civil war broke out, their "empire" (lack of another name) crumbled and thus begins our history. Hows that for thought.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
S & F for the shear logic of your title.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well considering all the possible planets in the universe that can support life (as we know it) there are probably many. and well there are just too many variables to come to your conclusion OP , maybe they decided we're not worth thier time (for a grand scale apearance), or they are waiting for us to figure something out, who knows.

My hypothesis is:We will interact with them on a global scale when we are ready, or they will come to us when they are ready

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Well... To be honest it's hard to to stay away from religion when talking about the "why" of aliens. Reason being, The Annunaki. Sumerian text, which is related to Biblical Christian Text, which is related to Islamic text. Kinda dodgy there.

Because we don't know who or what these aliens are. So we can really only go off of what we have some proof of. Is the Annunaki real or not we don't know, but if we assume they aren't real, then we have to assume that aliens in general aren't real, which they are.

So I agree, lets stay away from religion, but can we touch on it from an alien stand point?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Perhaps they dont want to conquer or build, their planet could be thousands of times bigger than ours, and have all the space they need. Also if they are so advanced as to get here in the first place, then they have probably learnt how to utilize dark matter by now, fixing all their energy needs. So being that far advanced, chances are they would need us for absolutely nothing, other than perhaps observing us, like animals in a zoo.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I've attempted several ways to write this and I think the following is the best.

In Star Trek, there is a Prime Directive. Star Fleet's General Order Number One. It forbids Starfleet from interfering with pre-warp civilizations even to the point of not allowing a pre-warp civilization to know that extra planetary civilizations existed.

I've actually seen this used, on ATS, as a defense for Aliens not letting themselves be known.

Crop Circles, livestock mutilation, abductions, UFO's, USO's, Area 51, Rendlesham Forest, Project Blue Book, SETI, The Mexican Air Force encounter, etc...

One way or another, if they're out there, we're going to find them.... eventually. And They haven't exactly made themselves the stuff of myth. There seems to be JUST ENOUGH information to keep us looking but not enough to confirm their existence. That, my friend, is a damned hard balance to maintain.

So why? It's bait. Not all bait is used to capture or kill. Some bait is used to assist. Could they be baiting us into space to join them? Leading us to the potential? Keeping our eyes to the heavens and our minds set to the goal of reaching them indefinitely?

It's anyone's guess. Star Trek is fiction. This date, this time, this world, is not. Eventually, our sun will die. Nothing on this planet will survive unless we develop the technology to either create another sun, reactivate our old one, or find a way to leave so that the expanding surface of the sun (as it cools) doesn't annihilate the population with the planet.

I don't think they're benevolent, though. I can assume that travel between the stars isn't instantaneous no matter how fast your craft can go. Given that we've detected no life in our own solar system and the extreme distance to the next, I can assume that there are either colony ships that allows for the procreation of the race, or they have extremely long life spans. Either way, they've had the ability to observe and interact with us. They've not interacted on a meaningful level.

As such, they've kind of just sat and watch us do horrible things to ourselves. One catastrophe after another we've inflicted on ourselves and our world. We can't prevent the destruction of nature. We can do small things to shield ourselves. But why would they just sit and watch, if they are our friends and wish us happy tidings?

They aren't. If they are neutral observers, we'll wipe ourselves out before they interfere. Which to me is as good as if they were enemies. ANd they aren't enemies because we don't have any interest in warfare with them, nor the capability to wage that war.

I'm left with a single option given that they aren't just observing, enemies, friends, or protected by the prime directive.

They are using us. Look at it from an objective point of view. If you had half a million tons of rock sitting outside your door and knew that SOMEWHERE in it, you'd find a single ton of Gold, you might just take a pickaxe and start whacking away. But what if you had ten-thousand monkeys already on the property that would do the work for you? Add that to the fact that these monkeys had learned to sift other valuables from the rubble other than gold, had learned to refine the gold they did obtain, and placed it all nice-and-neat-like for you in a central vault?

We refine everything from earth to air. But we rarely let anything of high value leave our atmosphere. So long as we're kept on this planet, it stands to reason that the wealth will simply collect on the surface. That's just the material aspect. What if you simply waited and those monkeys went into the next-door-neighbor's yard to start with another half-million ton of rock? Eventually, those monkeys would refine everything close to them.

We haven't started on the moon or Mars yet, but that's because we haven't reached a technological level to make it a reasonable endeavor.

While you wait, there's some questions about the Universe. Let those monkeys do the work. Then get the brightest of them, assemble them all in one place and let them build a machine that can replicate something like, I don't know... the Big Bang. A venture too risky for our Alien friends, I think, but one that can be allowed on a dead-water planet in the middle of nowhere. They might be letting it happen for the scientific value, perhaps just for entertainment, or perhaps they're helping us develop the technology to join them. IF they've observed us for any length of time, they'll know that we are territorial, hostile, and bent on dominance over our world and each other. What's to spare them? The hope that we'll evolve into something more 'open'? Doubtful. The duality of humankind is hardwired into each of us. We create, we destroy. But we make excellent puppets.

Just some food for thought.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

That's impractical, the earth has been habitable for 100s of thousands of years.

That's my point, is that they would have discovered this planet at some point or another when the dinosaurs we're walking around, and they would of came conquered and built upon their newly founded planet.

Excuse my language, but the universe is one big #ing place...

We're a single planet, out of hundreds of billions of solar systems in a galaxy next to hundreds of billions of other galaxies...

It's very easy we've haven't been found yet by hostile aliens...
edit on 26/11/10 by Mak Manto because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join