It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Blocked" region of outer space shows large object with satellites: Astronomer wanted!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Can you please take a snapshot (which is an option on top) and insert it on here because I don't see what you're referring to nor do I see how to change to IRAS.

Thanks

Edit to add: Never mind. I didn't realize others inserted it.
I don't think if they were hiding something they'd do it so blatantly, you know? I would think they'd just make these public observatories 'off-line' or 'down for maintenance' or 'upgrading' or something along those lines.

It's like when people think NASA is smudging out artifacts out of their photos. I just don't think they'd want to draw any more attention to something they're supposedly hiding, same with this. That would be totally counterproductive.

Interesting though especially if I'm wrong.
edit on 26-11-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
borg cube

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I made a thread 2 weeks ago about stuff like this actually. But tomorrow, I get to go to a government observatory out in the high desert in California and use a multi-million dollar telescope, and aim it at whatever I want
Seeing as how OP listed coordinates, I will definitely point the telescope up that way! there is a computer screen that shows whatever the telescope is looking at, so I wil bring my camera, and take a picture of whatever is there and try and upload it here so we can finally put to rest the mystery of the black square in space.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Blocked Object

Is that it?

If so, very odd. But if you're trying to cover something up, you don't leave a silhouette of that thing so you can still see what it basically is. I mean it defys the whole point of covering it up to begin with.

So maybe an error on the site, but it could be more. Who knows?

Good find regaerdless

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beachguy123
I made a thread 2 weeks ago about stuff like this actually. But tomorrow, I get to go to a government observatory out in the high desert in California and use a multi-million dollar telescope, and aim it at whatever I want
Seeing as how OP listed coordinates, I will definitely point the telescope up that way! there is a computer screen that shows whatever the telescope is looking at, so I wil bring my camera, and take a picture of whatever is there and try and upload it here so we can finally put to rest the mystery of the black square in space.

Thanks so much....can't wait to see what you find!!! Is there an infrared telescope there?

waiting in silent anticipation

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder.so nasa HAVE CONFIRMED THERE IS A BROWN DWARF IN THAT AREA?
very interesting indeed s+f friend

I don't think it's close enough (in planetary terms) to be alarmed...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beachguy123

If you are using a visible light telescope and this object is a brown dwarf star then you still won't see anything even with the biggest and best visible light telescope I'm pretty sure. Brown dwarf stars only show up in the infrared spectrum.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Be VERY CAREFUL before, during and after your trip. If you make it there safely, quickly record/document and POST YOUR FINDINGS ONLINE. Write a statement about the things you have going on in your life, things you are looking forward to, etc. In essence, you are establishing that you are not suicidal and that you are actually looking forward to a long, happy, interesting life. With all of the terrible things happening to microbiologists (and other scientists) over the last several years, please be careful. People who discover things that "they" don't want us to know about have been killed in several ways: strange traffic accidents, falling asleep in their vehicle on train tracks, random home invasion, but mainly suicide. The whistleblower "madame" was about to reveal her client list a couple of years ago, went on the radio and was nowhere near suicidal, yet they found her a day or two later, having appparently committed "suicide."

This is not paranoia. This is someone who wants to see/hear/read about what you discover --if anything. People have also been threatened into silence. Just post your findings, if any, before anyone has a chance to get to you.

Stay safe. And I hope you find something benign! While discovering Nibiru coming at us with two planet-sized moons in orbit would be EXCITING, it would also spell doom for most of the planet.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just be aware of the people areround you beachboy, when you zoom in then observe any reactions out of the corner of your eye. Dont know who you may alert if theres any thing to this ` swamp gas` Be worth seeing what you find

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

It's HW Virginis in the images provided in this thread. Not Nibiru. I think some folks might think he's a little hopeful at looking at a brown dwarf using an optical telescope, but it's nothing to be worried about.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Go to the same coordinates in Google Sky. In the IR spectrum, you'll see this are blocked out also but not covered entirely up. In the IR spectrum, you'll observe something "bright" but under visible light there's nothing.

Google Sky

There's something there. What? We can only speculate.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Go to the same coordinates in Google Sky. In the IR spectrum, you'll see this are blocked out also but not covered entirely up. In the IR spectrum, you'll observe something "bright" but under visible light there's nothing.

Google Sky

Those are the coordinates for Saturn when IRAS was performing its sky survey. IRAS scanned the whole sky back in 1983 line by line using a single column of CCD pixels (it was the best technology could do back then). During that time, Saturn was swept up by the scanning on two different dates, producing a double image of Saturn in the IRAS data. Here's the raw "uncovered" image as it appeared in the original distribution of IRAS data:
skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov...
That region was left off of later distributions since those would be tailored for analyzing infrared light sources beyond the solar system, and for a whole-sky survey planets are a distraction. Thus, here is the "censored" distribution of IRAS data, showing the same black box you'll find in google's data and other similar secondary sources of sky survey data (including wikisky):
skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov...
They all use this later distribution from which saturn has been removed.

Note, these links are to images held in temporary space and only good for about 24 hours.
edit on 6-12-2010 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
reply to post by beachguy123

If you are using a visible light telescope and this object is a brown dwarf star then you still won't see anything even with the biggest and best visible light telescope I'm pretty sure. Brown dwarf stars only show up in the infrared spectrum.

Not necessarily. Here is the brown dwarf 2MASS J16452211-1319516 in red visible light:
archive.stsci.edu...
It's a faint star near the center of the image. Here it is in infrared light recorded at a later timepoint:
archive.stsci.edu...
It's considerably brighter relative to the other stars in this image, and it moved a bit due to the fact that it's a relatively close star at 39.14 light years away and thus shows large amounts of proper motion. Still, this shows that brown dwarfs can appear in visible light even from nearly 40 light years away. As for how infrared was achieved; it was the same telescope, just a different film emulsion sensitive to infrared light. The telescope didn't change, only the detector did. Likewise, you can record infrared images even with standard high end amateur telescopes (cheap refractors suffer severe chromatic aberration and star bloating when attempting to record in infrared though).

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Google Sky

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebdc129a257d.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 12/7/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: photo

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I see my skyview links already expired, let me repost them again so you can see what I'm talking about. Here's the raw "uncensored" IRAS image "missing" from google sky and similar secondary sources:
skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov...
That is a double image of Saturn, recorded on two separate dates by the IRAS satellite as it frantically scanned the entire sky line by line within a year before its coolant ran out. IRAS's whole-sky survey was completed in 1983, and if you look back into the year 1983 with planetarium software you'll see that the coordinates match that of Saturn. Here are the "censored" images of Saturn as recorded by IRAS in three different wavelengths. It comes from a later distribution of the IRAS data which was improved and Saturn was intentionally left off as the survey was not intended to study planets and would show up in automated searches of the survey data as an extra pair of point light sources.
skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov...
skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov...
skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov...
They were not trying to hide anything from public view though because you can still freely access the original data distribution where everything is included, even the double image of saturn.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Well, it looks like you solved it:
edit: Good job!

edit on 12/7/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: congratulations

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
unfortunately, my trip was cancelled. A storm battered southern California on the 27th, dumping rain and cold weather. The observatory was snowed out, and the trip was cancelled by the teacher, and cant be rescheduled, as class is over in 1 week, and the scientist that runs the observatory wont have another tour opening till march.

Im really sad that my trip was cancelled, as I had collected various coordinates in space of things I wanted to check out, and things on the moon I wanted to look at too, like the apollo landing site, but now I'll never know...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Im really sad that my trip was cancelled, as I had collected various coordinates in space of things I wanted to check out, and things on the moon I wanted to look at too, like the apollo landing site, but now I'll never know...

Well, you're not going to see the apollo equipment with any earth based telescope I'm afraid; Dawes' limit dictates that the minimum aperture of a telescope required to just barely resolve the apollo LEMs would be 50.3 meters across and have flawless adaptive optics. And that only gets you a single pixel's worth. You can see the landing "sites" themselves though; Hadley Rille looks quite nice as does Taurus-Littrow. I'm sorry to hear your trip was cancelled, I'm sure that's a major disappointment. Check around your area for public observatories at local universities though. Even my fairly small university had an older million dollar telescope I got to play with in my undergrad days, and we opened it up to the public twice a month. As another alternative, I currently do live astronomy broadcasts using my own personal telescope and though it wouldn't be in person I'd be happy to point it at your coordinates.
edit on 7-12-2010 by ngchunter because: spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
OMG! It is Nibiru/Nemesis!

Please do not bother to study astronomy, physics or common sense; it is far too late.

You must leave ATS at once, and find shelter!

Thee is no hope; the USA, NASA and Sesame Street lie to you; they want you to stay present to feed the zombies.

You MUST hide at once! Find a bed, bathtub or Blockbuster and stay safe until we call you back.

Deny ignorance.
jw

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
edited as I didn't read the whole thread.

Please wait - calculating response...

error
edit on 9-12-2010 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join