It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla - Radio Power will Revolutionize the World (Jul, 1934)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

“We are on the threshold of a gigantic revolution, based on the commercialization of the wireless transmission of power.
Motion pictures will be flashed across limitless spaces . . .
“The same energy (wireless transmission of power) will drive airplanes and dirigibles from one central base.
In rocket-propelled machines . . . it will be practicable to attain speeds of nearly a mile a second (3600 m.p.h.) through the rarefied medium above the stratosphere.
We will be enabled to illuminate the whole sky at night . . . Eventually we will flash power in virtually unlimited amounts to planets.”
- Nikola Tesla

Source

Hi guys,
I found this copy of Modern Mechanics by Nikola Tesla as told to Alfred Albelli.
It is an AWESOME read, electric planes flying through the stratosphere that will circle the globe in 5 1/2 hours, being able to turn night into day time and sending power to other planets.

This Tech was in sights in 1934, yet there is nothing to show for it 80 years later

Imagine how the world would have been today if Tesla was not shut down.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Hey Wycky S&F'd your thread, A Great Old Article, I Love anything to do with Tesla, so anything I can do to try and keep it in The Threads with Flags Section, I Will Do. Thanks for putting this up. I am just so bored to Death with All The TSA Posts.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ask the USA government. They seized all his documents after he died.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by arjunanda

Thanks!
It is an awesome article, I to am a fan of Tesla and there are a few things in this article I have never heard of.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Great find S&F for you. Tesla was a genius, hopefully someday his papers will reappear

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Of all of Tesla gadgets the one that facinated me the most, not sure why, is the one he used to set up the vibrational frequencies of a steel girder to vibrate to such an extent that if had not turned to small device off the entire structure would have collapsed. I think it was a 10 story structure.
Anyone read about that one?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
Great find S&F for you. Tesla was a genius, hopefully someday his papers will reappear

We can only hope, but as Zaanny said, the US Government seized all hi documents after he died.
So I can't really see this happening.

Its a shame this sort of knowledge is locked up in a US underground vault some where

and Imagine all the knowledge lock up beneath the Vatican

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I don't think that Tesla's work was suppressed. He was just ahead of the times and maybe a bit overambitious.

Wireless power transmission today:
Efficient wireless transmission of power using resonators with coupled electric fields
Wireless Resonant Energy Link
Marin Soljacic

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by moebius
I don't think that Tesla's work was suppressed. He was just ahead of the times and maybe a bit overambitious.

Wireless power transmission today:
Efficient wireless transmission of power using resonators with coupled electric fields
Wireless Resonant Energy Link
Marin Soljacic

A couple of documentaries i have seen on Tesla both said he was shut down by JP Morgan and after his death all his work and patents were seized by the US government.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Nikola Tesla was so far ahead of his time. He had the American government and big businesses of the day absolutely bottling themselves because the things he was proposing would have meant free power for everyone. Very few of Tesla's works have been released to the public because it would wipe out all the big world corporations and governments by giving everybody independence from oil!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Of all of Tesla gadgets the one that facinated me the most, not sure why, is the one he used to set up the vibrational frequencies of a steel girder to vibrate to such an extent that if had not turned to small device off the entire structure would have collapsed. I think it was a 10 story structure.

Hey Bob,
I did some googling what your refering to is called the Tesla Oscillator (Earth Quake Machine)

and began experimenting with sonic vibrations. He invented the Tesla Oscillator, which could take very little input energy to set the device in motion and build that motion to tremendous levels of usable energy. In one experiment, he tuned his machine to vibration of the building, when suddenly it went into resonance and started to shake the whole building.

Source

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

That was a pretty good one, it would definitely make demolition that much easier lol. What I found funny about that device was that once he got it going he could not get it to turn off.('
')So with the building shaking violently and being faced with having his lab reduced to rubble once more, he unfortunately had to destroy the device with a hammer and never really attempted to create another one. To avoid another such occurence.

I actually came across an alleged book of his private patents. It had everything from saucer like crafts to light bulbs more advanced than Edison and his team of goons were ever able to invent. Its validity is definitely up for grabs, but the pdf can be found and downloaded on the net, if one looks hard enough.

It is quite unfortunate that Edison put the kibosh the wireless energy project. As their not so advanced hardware couldn't monitor the power usage and a means to make a profit. So Edison threw a fit and had Wardencliffe dismantled. If only the average every day pc was around in his time or vice versa. Things might have turned out half decent.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I have a question hopefully some one can answer:
Tesla was going to power the world with his Wireless Transmitter, but what was his power source????

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
Tesla was going to power the world with his Wireless Transmitter, but what was his power source????

The Niagra Falls where he already had the power station built and the transmitter(Wardencliff) half way there. Unfortunately Edison began a propaganda campaign against Tesla and had Wardencliff dismantled. Thus driving Tesla to become the eccentric recluse he was in his last years of life.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'm in hopeless admiration of Tesslas capability of looking at the future and its opportunities. He was really one of the few that was capable of turning his awe-inspiring visions of the future into reality by using his unparalleled intellect. If he was alive today, I would have a more optimistic look at the future.

By reading the OP, it seems he had the visions of how the planet could turn into the type one civilization that Michio Kaku talks about.

Here's the link if anyones interested:

edit on 3/12/10 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Tesla is often under celebrated (did you know that he invented the radio, and it has been upheld that he did, by the Supreme Court? too bad it was after his death, and Marconi still gets the credit...)....

Our homes are powered with his alternating current.

Truly a genius ahead of his time, and I have little doubt his vision is possible, but kept in chains by those same powers that be that seized his work after his death.

To an extent, I can even understand it...you can't just make that change overnight...could mean complete economic collapse, etc. It has to be managed. But they've had the time to do both the development and the implementation responsibly, I'd have to think, in all these years.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The best thing about him is the way he envisioned that you could split a planet in 2.

The geezer had a tremndous mind for future techs and understood the field so well.

No wonder people exploited his genuis, shame that peopel always use stuff for weapons research only.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by consciencious observer

Originally posted by wycky

The Niagra Falls where he already had the power station built and the transmitter(Wardencliff) half way there. Unfortunately Edison began a propaganda campaign against Tesla and had Wardencliff dismantled. Thus driving Tesla to become the eccentric recluse he was in his last years of life.

I realise back then, there was much less power consumption, but would that power station had been enough to power the world?

Maybe he had something else up his sleeve we have no idea about. I bet there is a lot of things we have no idea about.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Human's have this technology now, and in prior times eg; india & egypt. publically available.

Food for thought on Tesla.

There is also book on his "other" hidden equations. Seen once but twice remembered . The answers are in the back of the book. Must be read upside down (inverse pun)

happy hunting

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Human's have this technology now, and in prior times eg; india & egypt. publically available.

Food for thought on Tesla.

There is also book on his "other" hidden equations. Seen once but twice remembered . The answers are in the back of the book. Must be read upside down (inverse pun)

happy hunting

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join