It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. warns Ottawa of WikiLeak release

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by robomont

BC bud > anything in the world

Don't ever forget it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
maybe we don't give obama the credit he deserves. he always preached about transparency and righting americas wrong.

it always looks like he's doing nothing. but maybe he's one of those rare individuals that are all action and less talk. maybe it's just enough that he knows he's doing the right thing, that's why it's all behind the scenes.

it's strange all of this is happening on obamas watch. because 100% this would have never happened during bush's adminstration.

hopefully all these revelations clean the slate and let allie's know that they will be held accountable for all actions considered criminal and the united states won't be there to aid and cover them up.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

IM Moving to canada this country is officially mad eh!!
edit on 25-11-2010 by takemetourleader because: cuz i cant cuss to express myself

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This reminds me of an episode of American Dad the other night. Stan gets a sensitive listening device from work & while having fun with it, he hears all the neighbors talking s#*t about him.

It resulted in him having the CIA move the entire street out to a motel, Stan all alone with the family gone too. He's content until he actually needs someone elses help to save his life.

A little boy, the same boy Stan kept pulling his gun on earlier, saved his life, then took him to the hotel where all the street was staying. He had Stan listen in on all the rooms so he would realise, 'Everyone talks s*#t about each other, its nothing personal, its just the way people are.'

I know that diplomatic wires are going to contain much more insulting material than typical household gossip, but the fact is we all do it. Now if it shows plans to take down allies, that wont go down well at all, it will show the perceived ignorance of the US. There probably will be damaging stuff, allies will get insulted, but true allies, like us in Australia will have the same realisation Stan did, we all do it, time will heal.

That said, cant wait to see what comes out. Id like to know what the US plans are for us down here.
edit on 25/11/2010 by SNAFU38 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by takemetourleader

In Quebec you'd even survive Nibiru! LOL

Nah but...wow. I can't wait to see these leaks. What is so bad that US needs to warn Canada beforehand...I live in Canada and I probably won't accept all this crap.

However, we should use discernment on this one. It could all be disinformation of some kind. Never take anything laid to you as truth...

I love you Americans...And I used to love your politics, but now that I'm into conspiracies...it's so dirty and ugly!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

Sorry? Time will heal? Do you really think that? US has gone too far, and everybody starts to see it. How can you conceive US could heal such wounds. We're probably talking here about corruption, war crimes, economic slavering, and etc...Once a light is shed on it, how can you conceive US will be able to gain the trust it used to have.

Obama said he would make this country the once great nation...he failed really hard!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ok I've calmed down,like someone said lets see what was said then I can vent like a volcano.
Now I've been thinking, this is going to be Bush talk-in crap mark my words,there was such anger when he thanked everyone but Canada on the war on terror.
So here i am .....….Waiting..........anything yet..................hmmmm.............this is taking longer than i thought................so you guys like hockey???//.............i have to or they would kill me................are weed should be legal to all citizen's would chill everyone out and probably fix all of our problems........our beer is great too........Hey you, have you heard anything yet?????alright call me as soon as you hear anything....i mean it!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Even if a report came out saying US Troops murdered 10,000 Iraqi's a month while dressed up like Arabic men... NOTHING would change. It'd still be business as usual.

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by robomont

BC bud > anything in the world

Don't ever forget it.

It's actually just as good in N.B...
Outdoor, just as good as BC Bud/Kush/Durban/Hempstar
edit on 25-11-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Even if a report came out saying US Troops murdered 10,000 Iraqi's a month while dressed up like Arabic men... NOTHING would change. It'd still be business as usual.

What if it was a report that said that it was Canadian men dressing up to kill these Iraqi's?

Is THAT business as usual?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is quite interesting to watch.

The fact is, your government is elected by the people. Certainly there are some things which shouldn't be aired in public when it comes to military and government, but these governments are not preparing for that, they are preparing for all their dirty secrets being aired.

All the corruption, dirty deals and cover-ups they've tried to hide from their electorate is what they are truly scared of. Anything else would be defensible.

So bring it on. I love seeing our governments cowering.

It has nothing to do with the "safety" of the military, and everything to do with embarrassment and shame for their actions. And they absolutely deserve it.

Who oversees the overseers?
Right now, while WikiLeaks exists, it's us. Our governments are finally being held to answer for their actions and their decisions. And I wholeheartedly support the idea that they have to have the fear of this exposure to make sure they act in the interests of their nation, and not in the interests of their own bank balances.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

10,000s/month? That'd certainly wake some people up. Without it's people, America can't do anything. You see, that's the reason I do not fear a WWIII. America just can't do it. It won't even come close to a win. If it goes against China, what do you think China will do? They've supposedly photographed HD pictures of the moon featuring things that NASA has been hiding for a long time. They will show it to us. They know a lot of things that would turn american citizens against their own government. If people don't want to fight for their country, because it has become so corrupted, how do you think you can win the war?

TSA abuses are starting to irritate some people, and I tend to believe it's only the beginning. Their will not be a WWIII. Maybe I live in my world of utopia...but I really believe so. Think about it, without other countries, America is doom, and that is exactly what this leak is planned for: weakening America.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
A couple of things spring to mind when I read that the USA has apologized ahead of time for the next wikileaks release. Everything is speculative at this point, and I certainly have an alarmist slant when it comes to the American/Canadian relationship. I've felt for many years that it was only a matter of time before manifest destiny or a facsimile of it reappears in the American political spectrum.

First and foremost, a long standing invasion plan regarding Canada will be revealed. The fallout from this would be enormous. "Longest peaceful border: an American strategy" I can see the headlines now, this seems least likely but still probable. Natural resources+small population=easy pickings.

Second, the Americans who bombed Canadian soldiers in a friendly fire "accident". False flag that got exposed? A report that claims, "acceptable losses" or remarks like "who cares?" would bring a rather resounding amount of criticism.

Bush, our refusal on Iraq, spy networks, attempts at false flags in Canada, simple "they're boring and backward" it could be anything, but it won't look good, the backlash could be explosive. Time to put on your a$$ kissing pants America, could be awhile before we're happy neighbors again. Or we could end up laughing at you, who knows.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The fact that US gov knows what's in the leak should ring a bell.

Why would Wikileaks tell the US gov about the leak before to release it? Makes no sense, it's looking for troubles.

So, how could the US gov knows about the leak? Well...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by takemetourleader

Just a heads up...

The proper syntax would be 'I'm moving to Canada eh, this country is officially mad!!'

We also have a thing for sneaking the letter 'U' into words you lot spell without it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Check out the latest update on Wikileaks:
Wikileaks is down

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
Check out the latest update on Wikileaks:
Wikileaks is down

It appears they are calling it maintenance at the moment... we shall see soon enough.

Too many copies of the "insurance file" out there to be maliciously killing the site if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Aye, the only site explaining the maintenance is Wikileaks.nl, but the IRC channel they list on that page is down also.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I like how people are saying that the United States has SAID things about Canada that will offend them. Why don't you think that we've actually DONE things to them? Confessions of an economic hitman style perhaps? Also, if government connection with the drug trade emerges while we extradite Canadian out of Canada for selling seeds I can see that hurting relationships. Simple things like that

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruedank

Yes I agree, I believe they will be gloating about impinging on our sovereignty. We might hear them saying, "it's like having a quirky backward 51st state" that would be both a slap in the face of the Canadian people and our government. While having basis in the truth regarding our two nations history, it would not sit well. Harper will be mentioned, that could be bad and a call of no confidence would be sure to follow.

I, like most Canadians, am a proud Canadian, I believe we need a system overhaul. A complete change up in electoral systems, pay system overhaul, a greater say in the government. The people who represent us, need to represent us. They must get our views on each subject, which means contact with the people, get online...put issues on your facebook page or make a group, where voting constituents get to influence their representative. Maybe I'm a crack pot but I think that if it our allies don't respect you it's time to figure your crap out

Of course, it could be nothing and I'll look stupid

edit on 26-11-2010 by the cynic jester because: I seriously blame Tucker Carlson for my anti-American paranoia

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Poor State Dept was busy busy today.

Ol Hillary was briefing Australia herself.

I figure once the docs come out, that will be the first place I look.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join