It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

County sued over death of pregnant inmate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

County sued over death of pregnant inmate

www.post-gazette.com

A 27-year-old pregnant woman's journey through the criminal justice system ended in her death from pneumonia following ineffective treatment in the Allegheny County Jail, according to a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court Tuesday.

Amy Lynn Gillespie, of Cuddy and, later, Knoxville, was jailed in December for violating the terms of her work release by becoming pregnant. Initially found to be in good health, according to the complaint filed by Downtown attorney Robert N. Peirce, she was complaining by the end of that month of difficulty breathing and discharge from her lungs.

Treated for
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This is beyond reprehensible. I am not normally one to join the lynch mobs coming screaming "Pigs!" and calling all cops such. But this is really beyond the pale. I hope they fire any and everyone involved in this mockery and they get civil suits filed on them as well. After all she really didn't deserve this and the unborn child certainly did not.

www.post-gazette.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Been in jail many times. None of those associated with the system are professional. They laugh at others pain and suffering. All cops are scum. All correction officers are less than scum.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

No believe it or not some are just men and women doing a very crappy thankless job. But, I think the problem is the paradigm in our society today. What was once called Peace Officers are now Law Enforcement. Says it all I think.

new topics

top topics

join