It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of us are crazy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I for one think that I am just a little bit crazy, or at least different. I'm a psychology major and think I have a slightly schizotypal personality, in that I believe in some different beliefs than most(to put it simply). My guess is that most, maybe 70% have schizotypal personalities, 10% have no technical disorders, and the other 20% have some severe disorder. IMO, being different and not thinking like everyone else isn't a bad thing, so saying 70% are schizotypal isn't a bad thing. Schizotypal is nothing like schizophrenia, and it probably isn't even a real disorder and there really isn't a treatment for it. What are your views on this?
This leads to another age-old question, can people becoming crazy really tell that they're going insane?

Also, out of all the theories on this website, doesn't one or more have to be true?
I for one think the corruption of the federal reserve by international bankers is the most likely to be true.
We can all agree there are some theories on this site that are definitely not true.
As Aldous Huxley said, "I hope I may conceive that i may be mistaken."

edit on 25-11-2010 by Ghost374 because: ADDED the "we can all agree" sentence

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

Ya I think your probably about right with the percentage values. I've noticed a lot of people take things as there presented with no real proof on this site. Not a biggy though, aren't we all just a little crazy? If not being crazy means maintaining the status quo then two helping of crazy for me please!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
There is alot of bs to be uncovered. Remember before the internet our news was . Tv . Family . Friends Randoms in differnt events. It was the internet that unleashed a flood of knowledge and sharing with others . These are the first few stages of that flood where misinfo disinfo dance together . Truth is down there just takes alot of removing the bs thats been built up for since man looked at the sky and sad hmm. One thing you can bank on is the amount of uglyness broken promises lies deception you clearly see everyday . Now were looking at the byproduct of it we must trace its root causes and thats why your on this website to discuss with others and try to get the picture more clearer so you can share that info with future generations eventually humanity will have enough theres only so much you can push taxed live stock before they say .....you know what.....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well, to be honest, it seems to me like most people can be diagnosed with some sort of mental disorder these days. There are so many personality and mental disorders that I'm unsure of whether the "experts" even know what a normal, healthily functioning human being looks like; such a being seems to me like the unicorn of psychology.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Define crazy?

For some people crazy is if you only think outside a certain box you get the name crazy,

Different we all are different because we are all individuals with our own mind and thoughts.

If i am crazy, for some people i definitely am,for some not at all.

So again what is crazy?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
crazy good in bed.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Is this like a roll call?

"Present"

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Hi, Ghost,

I have flagged and starred your post because I believe that you need to be crazy - actually, 'crazy' only means being different from other people - in order to perform some important role in this world.

I am a bringer of light (OK, cue for laughter and crazy jokes).

Go well, my friend.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

oooh oooh!! I am!!!

but seriously, I've always known I was different from most of my peers, I just think in different ways. Some would say its a more holistic way of deduction.

and I've always done my math in ways much different than how I was 'taught' to do it in school, and I do it all in my head...

teachers hated me

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Half the people don't know and will tell you they don't know. The other half think they know everything and will tell you they know everything. Meanwhile nobody knows much of anything, relative to all there is to know.

Does that help? I think it is the sane people who are nuts.
If they can't see there is something terribly wrong here, then either they aren't paying attention, just don't care or there is something terribly wrong with them.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Half the people don't know and will tell you they don't know. The other half think they know everything and will tell you they know everything. Meanwhile nobody knows much of anything, relative to all there is to know.

I am ignorant...

doesn't this statement contradict itself?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I know it as schizophreniform. I am acquainted with this problem from my early adulthood. I also believe I have suffered from induced psychosis... basically where other people are driving you crazy.

I have also been misdiagnosed as something else by an angry old bitch that used to be my therapist that thought I was doing everything for attention. She was just pissed off because the life a of a twit like me was more interesting than her falsely educated existence.

I tend to get a little suspicious, but I say it's not paranoia... perhaps a mild persecution complex that I have to watch and ignore the behavior of others. I feel this too is induced. You gotta understand, people have done some STUPID CRAP around me... a lot of so called "sane" people who haven't a clue as to what they are talking about but play it off well enough to be successful and are able to point their fingers at others and get people on their side. A lot of it is about status and emotional numbness and if you are not good at being emotionally numb and aren't the type to screw others over before they screw you over- watch your back.

Everybody gets paranoid sometimes, but it's much more noticeable when you take it personally. Not everyone who takes it personally is nuts... maybe they've been messed with a lot and can't figure out why. I, personally, have to often put these insults, offenses and proddings by others behind me. What makes it worse is when you can't describe it... then you REALLY sound nuts when you try to explain it. Labels are easy to make. In my opinion, some of the most regular people are off their rockers.

the fact that I am not in a funny farm, am not on meds and don't feel I should be, am happy and hopeful despite my immensely weird perception of life and my own existence which is nowhere near conventional by the standards of society (which is the real nutcase in this story) and am no longer dependent on alcohol and feeling lost have even found the will to stop smoking cigarettes after a 17 year addiction and have worked through a history of pretty crappy counseling that started when I was young, trouble from the law which really loved paying close attention to me and lack of self-assuredness and direction in life... and finding answers on my own and by seeking spiritual help... I think I am pretty damn sane!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Hi Chaos,

No-one should be on purpose-altering drugs.

By this I mean all kids who are drugged because of so-called ADHD and other so-called conditions. These kids have no chance to realize their purpose.

Drugs kill human endeavour.

We are all here for a purpose. Those of us who have recognised their purpose are the fortunate ones.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

beware of the way you perceive things as they may become true. People have been known to break out into blisters after being hypnotized when told they are on fire. That means the mind can effect your reality. And dont you think its kind of odd that the percentage is 20 normal 70 slightly crazy and 10 percent fully crazy those number are very close to 90 percent of the wealth is held buy 10 percent of the population why because they are the normal ones. And what would be the best way of holding on to it lol buy saying that 80 percent of the population is crazy maybe not fully but crazy because they are not like them. I would also like to commend chaosmagician sorry if i spelled it wrong for summing up at lest what i myself have been though when i read his post its like I'm related to him i would have to agree that people are blissfully unaware of others feeling and when called out on it point the finger back to the other person for being crazy. In fact i have seen people do it for fun or to get what they want. Sometimes people are too smart for their own good and can read body language like its second language. In a world full of lies the person that expects the truth is crazy. Don't worry your not the only one.
edit on 25-11-2010 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2010 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I'll 2nd that.

of course they have convinced enough adults that the children need drugs to combat ADHD, that now they are trying to convince the adults that they have it too... and that they need drugs to fix them

I've been hyperactive, off the wall, and am constantly turning the wheels in my mind all 35 years of my life... they wanted to drug me when I was young... thankfully, the one good decision my mother made for me was to not do listen to them

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Yes, the mind rules.

And that is why we have power over a lot of things that are happening.

If enough people bring their positive thoughts together, positive things will occur.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
There's a lot to be said for pragmatism.

Perhaps you should take a few days away, make some new freinds, then ask yourself the question again.

I don't think a truly insane person has enough self-awareness to consider themselves crazy but also, there may be some that think they're crazy because of careless misdiagnosis.

Peace

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Hi, kalisdad,

Two great decisons.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Hi Chaos,

No-one should be on purpose-altering drugs.

By this I mean all kids who are drugged because of so-called ADHD and other so-called conditions. These kids have no chance to realize their purpose.

Drugs kill human endeavour.

We are all here for a purpose. Those of us who have recognised their purpose are the fortunate ones.

yeah... "oh, your kid is misbehaving?... give him this"....

uh, maybe those people shouldn't have had kids?

i hear people talking about little kids saying "you can tell she's bipolar"....what?

do real tests for organic brain disease or damage please, don't give me some doctor who talks to a child for 5 minutes and listen to a short list of "doesn't want to do school work, doesn't listen, looks out the window"... AND PUT THEM ON DRUGS AFTER ONE VISIT!

I honestly think that if I went that route, I would be so screwed up right now... but maybe I was stubborn and maybe I tried to see what the real problems of the world really are... and maybe I gotta glimpse of something beyond a sheltered understanding. Maybe I was supposed to or maybe I was lucky.

My biggest problem is spending too much time on the internet.

i'm not going to sit here and try to claim I have always been happy... absolutely not. I have seemed downright depressed and have been labeled that way.

Right now, I feel pretty darn good about things and am pretty sure it's due to understanding a little more about myself and those close to me. These things are indeed important. Probably even more so to those who feel incredibly lost and don't know why and can't get any answers.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374
I for one think that I am just a little bit crazy, or at least different. I'm a psychology major and think I have a slightly schizotypal personality,

That sounds pretty normal to me. Isn't this what originally coined the whole profession?

I've never met a psycologist or someone who is interested in psycology who wasn't a bit crazy. The need to understand one's self and eventually share one's lessons with others or point the finger to provide denial in some cases.

You're not sane unless you're a little bit insane and I think this is nothing out of the ordinary, especially as you have talked about it to the whole world.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join