It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pending Impeachment of Iranian President Ahmadinejad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

The diference is that Obama will be gone in 2012 by election. I'm not saying it's not a flawed system, but he will be gone none the less (inshallah!) Just kidding! About the god stuff! Not Obummer being gone.

worst president since Carter, and a much more dangerous time.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieWoof

Do you think US elections are any different than Iranian elections lol?

They are just changing the representatives, they are not changing the controlling force behind the scenes.

Representatives are politicians, the only thing they are good at is reading someone else's written speech, and knowing how to not answer a yes or no question, without having to answer it lol..

Get real mate, US presidents are not in charge of anything, they are not representative of people, they are representative of real powers.

Just like Ahmadinejad is representative of Ayatollah Khomeini and other controlling forces in Iran, the same is true in US.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This is an interesting turn of events. The only problem is we have heard similar before. It has been reported that the people have wanted him out ever since he had gotten into office. The impeachment charges is a new twist but one would think does also seem to enforce that the people do want him out. I also do agree with the other comments that who ever comes in will just be another puppet to religious powers that run the country.
Do wish the best of luck to all those there.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

What's the different really.

While Yanks might be our cousins who we will fight to the death with in any war we fight together we are extremely different ask any American! We are more akin to a Kiwi than any other nation on earth even though we are different in our own ways!

The US propaganda is pretty widespread in Australia.

Where? we are an independent free thinking nation with far better integrity & international reputation than Afghanistan

How many around you believe terrorists want to kill you because of your freedom?

All afghani, Iranian & Syrian terrorists have proven they hate us 1) we don't believe in their fake god Allah (they call us infidels) 2) they are jealous of what we have and want to kill us for that! The also spout a similar style rhetoric that comes from you!
edit on 25-11-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Who really cares when it comes from the mouths of terrorists. Are you now going to threaten to kill not Just ANZAC but more specifically Australian troops now?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I love how OOzie has to come into every thread and turn it into a US or "The West" bashing thread, its getting old dude, and i wouldnt doubt that your on the verge of being banned for derailing so many threads......

I couldnt find the source for where i heard that the ayatollah khomeini put a stop to this, but I know I heard it somewhere, I wish I could find the news source.

This will never happen, even tho Ahmadinnerjacket is nuts, he carries out the plans of his handlers flawlessly and is the perfect mouthpiece for them, as long as he doesnt get too far off subjet.

Hes a 12ver and that falls right into their line of thinking..........hes not going anywhere
edit on 25-11-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If anything, what these reports are stating, is that it is a very interesting turn of events when it comes to Iran. It is clear that the population is not happy and many of the people in their parliament is not happy with the current president, however, the religious leaders are satisfied with the performance of the current sitting president Ahmadinejad.
As one post stated, the west and all other governments have to be very clear and stay out of the working politics in Iran, if they are hoping for a government that it can work with. If it does not, and interferes, then the next guy in office after Ahmadinejad, may be far worse than him, and start to actually provoke and go into open confrontations with those it perceives as an enemy to Iran. From what I know of the way the Iranian politics and government works, the leader of the country is the Grand Ayatollah, it is by his agreement or veto that the laws are passed or shot down, and it is by his blessing if a candidate holds a position or not. And it ultimately will be by his decision if Ahmadinejad is removed from office or not, and not by the general parliament.
Like most government, no matter what the country, removing a sitting president or even turning around and challenging an elected official in a high office, has to be done delicately and the procedures have to be followed to the letter. Most judges and people who decide such cases will demand such and expect that such is followed to the letter of the law, rather than just on a whim.
Right now, the set back is that the Grand Ayatollah has forbidden the proceedings of impeachments from continuing. That would suggest that those in that parliament did not follow the guidelines set down. However, they are going to bring this to the public eye by initiating a petition to debate such. We can only hope that they are careful and not end up being jailed, or worse for their actions. We can only sit, watch and wait for the outcome, and see how this plays out.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
I love how OOzie has to come into every thread and turn it into a US or "The West" bashing thread, its getting old dude, and i wouldnt doubt that your on the verge of being banned for derailing so many threads......

I do agree with that statement

This will never happen, even tho Ahmadinnerjacket is nuts, he carries out the plans of his handlers flawlessly and is the perfect mouthpiece for them, as long as he doesnt get too far off subjet.

I also agree with this statement. I think the powers that be in the country will not let him leave office because he carries out there will. It is unfortunate and kind of sad, I fear there is a lot of resentment in there population. I don't like saying it but a revolution might be at hand. I truly hope it does not go down that path though.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I know I know

MSNBC is now running with the story

Iranian lawmakers seek to challenge president

However the challenge looks unlikely to succeed because the numbers fall short of the constitutional requirement that at least one-fourth of the 290 parliament members must sign the petition before the president can be questioned.

Still it was a reminder that Ahmadinejad, one of the most polarizing leaders on the international scene, also faces deep dissent within his own country and even within his own conservative political camp. However, his position appears secure as long as he continues to have the support of the country's highest authority, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and the elite Revolutionary Guard forces. With Khamenei's strong support for the president, it is unlikely that enough lawmakers would sign the petition.

edit on 25-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
You know like the TV show called wife swap.

How about swapping President and see how things turn out, could be vary interesting out come.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
IF
this is a true story then I think 4 recent events
caused it to happen.

1) Illegitimate holding & trial of 2 US Hikers who crossed the border

2) US Tanks on the way to Afgh border with Iran

3) 20 new fighter jets heading to Israel

4) Your hard earned tax dollars being used
by the CIA to bribe Iran Parliament Officials
to take these steps.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

boondock
do you have any references that the Iranian politicians are being bribed to try and put these impeachment charges through?
Everything else you mentioned I think I had already read about somewhere.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join