It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS: Opt-Out of Naked Scan = "Domestic Extremist"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

That's a very sinister scenario, and unfortunately I think it is likely to happen.

The DHS is seen differently by us, the ATS-types, and the mass sheeple. We see them as they really are (according to their own materials), as an organization dedicated to silencing and controlling any 'threats to government continuity' from any source in the home land, targeting anyone and everyone that questions the govt. Of course the sheeple think they are protecting us from bin Laden, underwear bombers, and other terror threats from the likes of al quaeda.

Each of the last two administrations have had their own terrorist attack, Clinton had the OKC bombing, and Bush had 9/11. I soundly believe that our government perpetrated both attacks for different, and yet some overlapping reasons. So, what if the mass sheeple decide the TSA actions are too much (as is being shown by the mass media), since majority rules maybe Obama/govt will step down the procedures for some period of time. Then Obama gets his terrorist attack, if it involves planes in any way, the masses will be begging for these screenings. The government will re-establish the same, and likely more invasive screenings. Only a few people will object and refuse then, and they will be labeled as terrorists as described in this memo. Of course after the new attack, not only will the DHS consider him or her a terrorist, so will the masses.

edit on 24-11-2010 by BenIndaSun because: grammar

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
AKA If you don't act like a good sheeple, you're basically going to be branded a terrorist. Why am I not surprised?

TPTB is pulling the "domestic terrorist" wild card over those who refuse to be submitted to pat-down sexual pervs, to push people towards accepting the Terahertz body scans, that DAMAGE DNA. These molesting abuses over flight costumers are not isolated incidents. They are part of a meticulous agenda, to psychologically humiliate them, so that they won't offer resistance to Thz scans.

Full body scanners to fry travelers with radiation.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

This is in response to the fact that those who vocalize their opinions about the invasive TSA procedures are labeled Domestic Extremists. This is a direct violation of the right to free speech.

I do not support the invasive TSA screening procedures and am therefore a criminal and probably on this list because I vocalized my opinion.

The TSA and the government are trying strong-arm fear tactics to keep the people in line. It is extremely ridiculous when people are violated at checkpoints and the public is not allowed to express their opinion on the matter.

I object and if that puts me on a Domestic Extremist list, so be it. At least I am doing the right thing and am still thinking for myself. The real criminals are those in charge who are willingly violating the constitution.

This next section is addressed to federal agents:

There is probably an agent assigned to this thread. To this agent: there is probably an agent from certain other intelligence organizations monitoring you and your crimes against the state as well. To any agent who is actually concerned about the information gathering and Domestic Extremist list, please PM me.

I want to know if there are intelligence schisms on this matter. There have to be some in the intelligence world who are completely pissed off and I think that they should say or do something about it. Therefore, please consider what I have to say.

I can make a pretty good case here you can show to your boss about why it is wrong to put people on Domestic Extremist lists.

1) The security procedures are clearly invasive. The naked body scanners clearly invade privacy and the pat-downs are near molestation level. In addition, there have been concerns about health risks involving the rubber gloves not being changed. Any sane citizen would find this appalling.

2) It is the TSA and the government's fault that they have chosen security procedures that are clearly upsetting. It is the correct procedure in a democracy for the public to be allowed an outlet to voice their opinions.

3) Putting people on Domestic Extremist lists for vocalizing their opinions, in reality, is probably going to be linked to domestic terrorism and the Patriot Act and therefore give a loophole for more rights to be taken away from these law-abiding, and even patriotic, citizens expressing their given rights.

4) So far the procedures have violated:
Constitutional Amendment I: Free speech. Directly violated. Also violated is right to assembly, and the freedom of press.
Constitutional Amendment IV: Unlawful search and seizure. Possibly violated if the Domestic Extremist list is used for justification for this.
Constitutional Amendment V: Due process is clearly violated if the Domestic Extremist list results in unlawful detainment.
Constitutional Amendment VI: The right to a trial is obviously directly violated as people are put on these lists and considered criminals without even knowing about it and just from expressing themselves.

5) The Constitution argument may be a weak one, but let me try this... we live in a free country. There is a line that really does exist (I know, a shocker, these days it seems like people will let the government do anything) and if this line is crossed, and it is very close to being crossed, the people will do something about it.

This could result in a lot of government officials losing their jobs or being arrested when there is a shift in power. To prevent this, those in power will more than likely resort to crossing the line further and further to try and keep the people in line, which in reality will just make their case worse and worse and dig them a deeper hole.

So be on the right side to begin with and stand up for what you know is right, intelligence agency reading this post. I'm sure you want to anyway - Save yourself the trouble of having to deal with a mess just because you think it is the winning side and losing in the end anyway.

Try saving face by ousting the corruption in the government, reorganizing the TSA procedures to be less invasive, allowing the dissent and apologizing for the Domestic Extremist list and reprimanding Napolitano. This will go a lot farther towards getting anything positive accomplished.

I wrote the White House.

edit on 24-11-2010 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2010 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I agree with some of the previous posts. Please provide a link to this e-mail of Ms. Napolitano saying opt out travelers would be considered "domestic extremeists." I haven't seen any proof of this correspondence yet. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
I should start my own public list of known terrorist threats.

Let me make this easy for you.
Just list the names of the people in the Obama Administration.

Happy Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoma15
I agree with some of the previous posts. Please provide a link to this e-mail of Ms. Napolitano saying opt out travelers would be considered "domestic extremeists." I haven't seen any proof of this correspondence yet. Thank you.

I like this.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Happy Thanksgiving.

Add:
Bush Jr
rummy
darth cheney
throw in colin powell for the Bs song and dance at the un general assembly.
Actually you can ad patriot act author(s) ( I learned yesterday "Joe Biden" ( need to verify) was involved in preparing the "patriot act") back in the 90's so it was on a shelf waiting for bush jr.
and I was a bush supporter...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
I fear the TSA and DHS more than any terrorists. The government is out of control. They want us to all submit to their will and be good little compliant sheep.

If protesting against the intrusive federal government peacefully by refusing to accept the scanners and pat downs means I am a "domestic extremist" then I will wear that label with honor.

Tsa training video:

edit on 24-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Sorry: deleted

same link as o.p. though it was independent corroboration....

canada free press:

DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice

Comment on this article at Canada Free Press

homelandsecurityus.com...
edit on 24-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2010 by 46ACE because: redundant post

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I am sorry, but some un-named "source" that this guy is quoting, doesn't seem to be too reliable to me. This seems like someone on a coffee high trying to stir the pot. Until proof is found, I find this to be unreliable evidence.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoma15

give Alex Jones about 24hours; we'll see something on this to chew up.....

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
LOL, you act like this is the first time you've ever been on a list. Being a proud member of several of this Country's organizations, this is just another list I get to see my name on. I dont care. Honestly. What are they going to do? Arrest me? Big deal, been there done that. Call me a terrorist/extremist? Im a member of the NRA, so they already call me that.

All in all, Im not worried. The folks in charge are trying anything they can to keep us down. Calling us names? Hahaha, that didnt work in elementary school and it sure as hell shouldnt be an issue now, as adults.

The way I see it, they cant imprison/kill us all. Sure, some will have to be sacrificed for real change, which is the part that makes me the most sad. Great people are willing to give up everything for the benefit of everyone else, and they will most likely never see the fruit of their labors.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by Violater1

Happy Thanksgiving.

Add:
Bush Jr
rummy
darth cheney
throw in colin powell for the Bs song and dance at the un general assembly.
Actually you can ad patriot act author(s) ( I learned yesterday "Joe Biden" ( need to verify) was involved in preparing the "patriot act") back in the 90's so it was on a shelf waiting for bush jr.
and I was a bush supporter...

Al Gore for climate terrorism
Chertoff

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If this has legs it's significant. Until that time, I'm not going to commit to it. They should be smart enough to realize that people are pissed about this, and if they start to brand them extremists then it is only going to get worse. While America has become pacified to a large extent, something like this will really set of a substantial portion of the populace. Americans can definitely still get mad, and add the fact that they are waking up, and this would be an incredibly dumb move by the government.
edit on 24-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Now is THE time for a bit of chainreaction.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

LMAO I like the "It's not a grope, it's a freedom pat"

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MGriff
If this has legs it's significant. Until that time, I'm not going to commit to it. They should be smart enough to realize that people are pissed about this, and if they start to brand them extremists then it is only going to get worse. While America has become pacified to a large extent, something like this will really set of a substantial portion of the populace. Americans can definitely still get mad, and add the fact that they are waking up, and this would be an incredibly dumb move by the government.
edit on 24-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

Sorry, I can not agree. Americans will accept anything and everything BigGov throws their way. remember the massive street protests aganst the Viet Nam war? It ended because of them at least in part.

Where is the sustained massive protests today?
Ans: Gripes on the web, that's about it. America is doomed for lack of interest.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Americans don't protest anymore. People just don't want to be bothered. They would rather let the government take away some of their freedom then to make the effort to resist.

I spoke to a few people that were heading to the airport today and asked them if they were going to opt-out and refuse the scanner. Every one of them had the same reaction. They rolled their eyes and said "I just want to get though security as fast as I can so I can be on my way". They were a bit annoyed at the prospect of some people protesting and delaying them from catching their flight.

So you see, getting to grandmas for Thanksgiving on time is much more important to them than defending their constitutional rights.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoma15
reply to post by 46ACE

I am sorry, but some un-named "source" that this guy is quoting, doesn't seem to be too reliable to me. This seems like someone on a coffee high trying to stir the pot. Until proof is found, I find this to be unreliable evidence.

Atta boy! Ignore it and it'll go away.
Why concern yourself with the loss of stupid freedoms?
When does Dancing with the Stars come on anyway?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

He has every right to be cautious, especially with a story of this magnitude

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join