It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are "waking up" though seriously!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Before, like a few years ago, most people thought that conspiracies were the epitome of life. Reality was not something we understood. We continued living, but one thing that bothered us, was this "NWO".

Today, we don't spend or care about conspiracies anymore really, I've noticed most people here, and most people even adolescents talk about and ponder about reality, consciousness, how the mind works, psychology, physics, more than ever before. It's not anymore, just conspiracies, together, we've stepped beyond.

Of course, there are still people at the complete illusion stage, and some have encountered conspiracies, but I dont waste my time with conspiracies anymore, Im sure most here dont either. Whatever I learn about the mind, universe, etc, I do it on my own, I think in the shower, I think when I walk, I think when driving, I always think. I've been thinking my whole life, its the only friend I had for a few years.

But today, I see many more are starting to think, although they are amateurs, they will grow. Let's give them time.

Now are we growing mentally and ascending, or is this ascension just an illusion? An illusion of the primal mind?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NaturalKnowledge

Although, I like, seriously think you could improve your vocabulary....can you please tell where you live so I can move there. Everyone around here is a sleepwalking idiot!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie

Although, I like, seriously think you could improve your vocabulary....can you please tell where you live so I can move there. Everyone around here is a sleepwalking idiot!

A suburb of Los Angeles. I've met a few, but a few is like 10,000% more than before.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I can only speak for myself, but you have pretty much described my ATS journey. I first came here interested in John Titor and the 911 conspiracies. But now I spend most of my ATS time in the Religion/Theology, and Philosophy/Metaphysics sub-forums.

I was spending too much energy and too much worry on Central Banking, Bank for International Settlements, NWO, depopulation, Council on Foreign Relations, Information Awareness Office, Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg, on and on, etc. This was doing nothing for me but cultivating Fear and Paranoia.

I realized these guys are too big and too powerful. The best way to fight them is to strengthen myself and become a better person. I can't change the NWO Agenda, but I can change my self, and effect positive change to those around me.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaturalKnowledge Whatever I learn about the mind, universe, etc, I do it on my own, I think in the shower, I think when I walk, I think when driving, I always think. I've been thinking my whole life, its the only friend I had for a few years.

Perhaps a minor point here, but not really.

You have never 'thought' a single thought in your entire life.

Why?

Because there is no verb "to think"; neither is there any 'thinker'...

Anymore than there is an "ether" of classical physics or "phlogiston".

What there are are thoughts.

And the thought that there is a 'thinker' and a verb "to think"--or, for that matter, any 'mind'--is part of The Matrix; the "prison for your mind" only because you have a 'mind'.

So, how does one escape The Matrix?

It's really quite simple: Lose your 'mind'.

You will soon realize that it is an unnecessary appendage.

You don't really need it.

Mi cha el

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil

Originally posted by NaturalKnowledge Whatever I learn about the mind, universe, etc, I do it on my own, I think in the shower, I think when I walk, I think when driving, I always think. I've been thinking my whole life, its the only friend I had for a few years.

Perhaps a minor point here, but not really.

You have never 'thought' a single thought in your entire life.

Why?

Because there is no verb "to think"; neither is there any 'thinker'...

Anymore than there is an "ether" of classical physics or "phlogiston".

What there are are thoughts.

And the thought that there is a 'thinker' and a verb "to think"--or, for that matter, any 'mind'--is part of The Matrix; the "prison for your mind" only because you have a 'mind'.

So, how does one escape The Matrix?

It's really quite simple: Lose your 'mind'.

You will soon realize that it is an unnecessary appendage.

You don't really need it.

Mi cha el

Thinking is the very tool you can use to escape this fake prison also.

Thanks for bringing this up. I've always pondered this. For some reason, thinking is a bad thing, but when I stop all thoughts, and enter a meditative state, or when I cant fall asleep in bed, yet I am really far from awake, thoughts just flow automatically without me being able to do anything. These thoughts seem superior, more imaginative than "normal" thinking.

In a meditative state, its quite obvious that I have just become higher, more alive, more intelligent. Imaginative powers shoot up insanely. In meditation, its quite easy for me to cup my hands together, and create a magnetic force between my hands.

I always seem to push this fact aside, that thinking doesn't really ever help. Thanks for bringing it back, but my thoughts aren't always boxed in only in the primal form of thinking, or thinking the way the elites want us to, I still go way outside the box all the time.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Bravo...Yes they are amateurs but they are in the infancy of awakening and well on their way. I think when a person starts to entertain conspiracies the box they have been living in starts to fall apart. There is no doubt in my mind that many of those newly awakened at some point will simply get it. I loved you rant about thinking everywhere you go all day long. I need to find someone like that near me. I love to think about anything, think about the thoughts, and try to catch that near moment of bliss and all knowledgeable consciousness that seems to come in a second and then gone again. Do you ever get that moment where everything fits perfect and it is so beyond this world that it cannot be put into words? Then it fades as quickly as it comes. Total awareness and knowledge of why things are. I cannot wait to get there again.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

I can only speak for myself, but you have pretty much described my ATS journey. I first came here interested in John Titor and the 911 conspiracies. But now I spend most of my ATS time in the Religion/Theology, and Philosophy/Metaphysics sub-forums.

I was spending too much energy and too much worry on Central Banking, Bank for International Settlements, NWO, depopulation, Council on Foreign Relations, Information Awareness Office, Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg, on and on, etc. This was doing nothing for me but cultivating Fear and Paranoia.

I realized these guys are too big and too powerful. The best way to fight them is to strengthen myself and become a better person. I can't change the NWO Agenda, but I can change my self, and effect positive change to those around me.

I started out on prison planet yrs ago after searching for something and that forum coming up. I learned a heck of a lot, posters like anti illuminati and etc... solid stuff. A lot of crazy stuff to wade through, as with everywhere. One mans crazy is anothers truth
Well in the last 2-3 yrs I saw Jones taking a weird path, fearmongering like mad, making over the top claims, and being wrong and proven wrong more than I was comfortable with. Many there follow the guy like a religious figure, and I was uncomfortable with that as well. I also was present for some serious underhanded deals concerning 2 or 3 mods and withdrew completely from that community. I was disillusioned with the whole "truther" community at that time and decided to go out seeking stuff on my own. Thats a larger job than it sounds like.. without a community giving alternate views and added research it because overwhelming. Especially when so many things were happening back to back at that point. Recently ( very early last year) I came here and lurked. I decided here recently Id start posting as this place seems much more to my liking that PP. The people here also seem a little more roundly balanced rather than AJ worshipers versus everyone else
The mods definitely seem much more rational! LOL!

SO Im here, learning and making some contacts with people of like mind.

About the mass awakening.. yeah, no doubt. Now that the Govt isnt so arrogant they arent even trying to cover their tracks and doing it right in your faces... people are being pretty rudely awakened! Cant miss it anymore and it cant be explained away. Thank God for the internet and wifi.. everyone from everywhere from a plethora of devices can access SO MUCH information so quickly.. word is getting out better and quicker. Seeds are being planted. I too am very pleased to see this. It no longer seems like we're a handfull of wackadoodles against the mainstream typical sleeping citizen! LOL!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yes this topic really hits home. Thanks to the OP.

I have noticed this as well lately. The internet is now being used as a very important tool to help people wake from their slumber. Mainstream media is slowly being taken over by alternative media. Alex Jones you-tube channel alone is nearing the 100,000,000 view mark.

This is a monumental step in the right direction as more and more people are just fed up with everything and saying the hell to all these government lies.

I hope everyone will use this opportunity to grow spiritually as this is what is needed to overcome these dark forces.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Its safe to say millions of American's have access to channels like TruTV and Infowars.
I am positive the word is spreading pretty fast and the next false flag will def be debatable
at record speeds compared to those who have taken years to be brought into the light.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Yes this topic really hits home. Thanks to the OP.

I have noticed this as well lately. The internet is now being used as a very important tool to help people wake from their slumber. Mainstream media is slowly being taken over by alternative media. Alex Jones you-tube channel alone is nearing the 100,000,000 view mark.

This is a monumental step in the right direction as more and more people are just fed up with everything and saying the hell to all these government lies.

I hope everyone will use this opportunity to grow spiritually as this is what is needed to overcome these dark force

Not sure that I can agree completely with this. Nor do I 'think' that all of this is "in the right direction".

Much of it is a distraction from the issue of the actual--not merely the theoretical--transformation of consciousness.

There is a danger of the whole issue of consciousness being overwhelmed by information; information whose sole function is to distract from the issue of consciousness itself.

This is of particular relevance with regards to Alex Jones.

Every understanding about consciousness which is in any way new is immediately expropriated in pursuit of his political agendas of one kind or another. And there are many, many people pursuing those political agendas as if they are a completely satisfactory SUBSTITUTE for genuine transformation at the level of consciousness.

Just take the words "Truth" and "truthers".

They have been completely expropriated as pertaining exclusively to something about 9/11.

But, if you try to talk about the truth or the Truth of human consciousness which is at the foundation of these kinds of catastrophes, your concerns are instantaneously brushed aside as being the concerns of someone who has not yet awakened to the 'political reality'; merely another one of the "sheeple" who do not understand.

And, of course, the moderators on the infowars website are very religious in preventing any serious discussion about consciousness or any Revelational perspective on consciousness from being published.

It is an exclusively political website; but a website that offers up political awareness as being of more importance than ANY other awareness. It is almost a substitute religion rather than a political perspective.

Mi cha el

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Religion/spirituality, like much else, goes in cycles. One oscillation pattern is between fundamentalism on one hand and mysticism on the other. Fundamentalism is exclusivist, text-based, literalist, and oppositional. Mysticism is inclusive, experience-based, metaphorical, and embraces opposites rather than setting them up. Mysticism has the added benefit of being compatable with science -- you won't find a true mystic arguing that the world was literally created in 7 days or whatever because they realize that empirical/scientific observation and inner spiritual experience take place on two totally unrelated planes of existence.

For a very long time, most religion has been dominated by fundamentalist strains and attitudes. I have spent most of my life waiting for the worm to turn and for a revival of mystical religion. Are we on the cusp of such a transformation? I cannot know for sure but there are some encouraging signs.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Religion/spirituality, like much else, goes in cycles. One oscillation pattern is between fundamentalism on one hand and mysticism on the other....For a very long time, most religion has been dominated by fundamentalist strains and attitudes. I have spent most of my life waiting for the worm to turn and for a revival of mystical religion. Are we on the cusp of such a transformation? I cannot know for sure but there are some encouraging signs.

Yes and No

At the very edge of Fundamentalist religions, there sometimes occurs a fusion with mysticism.

And what you get is a mystical, xenophobic, fascist religion--whether it be Jewish, Christian or Muslim--which is then used to justify bloodshed and genocide of one kind or another.

Take a look at the Scroll of the War of the Sons of Light (1QM) of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

It was written in such a way that its text could be largely expropriated by the Fundamentalist Jewish settlers in the Israel today as a 'justification' for the wholesale slaughter of Gentiles.

So, there is a "good" mysticism and a "bad" mysticism.

Certain aspects of Nazi doctrine--blood purity, and other such nonsense--has a very distinctly mystical aspect to it, for example.

Mi cha el

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

I would say, don't run away from the problem. The answer is for you to undertake the ridiculously difficult task of helping others see things this way, while still understanding where those who are "sleep walking idiots" where they are coming from and how they may feel trapped.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaturalKnowledge
Before, like a few years ago, most people thought that conspiracies were the epitome of life. Reality was not something we understood. We continued living, but one thing that bothered us, was this "NWO".

Today, we don't spend or care about conspiracies anymore really, I've noticed most people here, and most people even adolescents talk about and ponder about reality, consciousness, how the mind works, psychology, physics, more than ever before. It's not anymore, just conspiracies, together, we've stepped beyond.

Of course, there are still people at the complete illusion stage, and some have encountered conspiracies, but I dont waste my time with conspiracies anymore, Im sure most here dont either. Whatever I learn about the mind, universe, etc, I do it on my own, I think in the shower, I think when I walk, I think when driving, I always think. I've been thinking my whole life, its the only friend I had for a few years.

But today, I see many more are starting to think, although they are amateurs, they will grow. Let's give them time.

Now are we growing mentally and ascending, or is this ascension just an illusion? An illusion of the primal mind?

We all are growing on a daily basis. Whether be in the ability to think or ability to let others know what you are thinkging. However if you think too much, what are you missing out on? Even communication with someone you don't agree with or who may not live up to your itelligence, is a opportunity to learn and grow.

I don't feel the need to think as much as I used to, I do feel the need to experience what this life has to offer.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil
At the very edge of Fundamentalist religions, there sometimes occurs a fusion with mysticism.

And what you get is a mystical, xenophobic, fascist religion--whether it be Jewish, Christian or Muslim--which is then used to justify bloodshed and genocide of one kind or another.

I believe this to be true. I recommend that anyone who is interested in the pathology of mysticism read Grey Eminence by Aldous Huxley. It is the fascinating true story of several serious 17th-century mystics who sought experiential unity with the Godhead while simultaneously masterminding the bloodshed and horror of the 30 Years War. Hard to find but well worth it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Religion/spirituality, like much else, goes in cycles. One oscillation pattern is between fundamentalism on one hand and mysticism on the other. Fundamentalism is exclusivist, text-based, literalist, and oppositional. Mysticism is inclusive, experience-based, metaphorical, and embraces opposites rather than setting them up. Mysticism has the added benefit of being compatable with science -- you won't find a true mystic arguing that the world was literally created in 7 days or whatever because they realize that empirical/scientific observation and inner spiritual experience take place on two totally unrelated planes of existence.

For a very long time, most religion has been dominated by fundamentalist strains and attitudes. I have spent most of my life waiting for the worm to turn and for a revival of mystical religion. Are we on the cusp of such a transformation? I cannot know for sure but there are some encouraging signs.

I think you've hit upon a great insight.

In my opinion I think a lot of it has to do with fear. There's only so much constant, unrelenting fear and anxiety a human psyche can take without breaking in some form or another. Some people go to pieces and take to drinking and other forms of shallow living, while others find some mystical or spiritual calling.

This is part of why I think that if the NWO is real, it cannot last very long once fully implemented globally. They think they can run a civilization entirely based on fear. But they fail to realize that all this fear will eventually produce a counter-reaction from the human psyche. This counter-reaction is spirituality, and it makes people fearless. Once the fear fails, the state fails, and a new religion is born.

Then comes fundamentalism and the cycle repeats.

I think times must have been really stressful for the average Roman in the first few centuries AD, for Christianity to catch on the way it did. The rule of fear eventually failed, and the Roman state apparatus crumbled.

This is even despite Constantine's desperate attempt to appropriate Christianity for the Roman state. But the Roman state was already dying, and all this attempt did was solidfy the Church and pave the way for fundamentalism.

But to get back to my point, I think all these spiritual "awakenings" of which we are seeing more and more are a sign of the times. They are a sign that we really are living in abject fear, and the human psyche simply cannot take it for much longer.

edit on 24-11-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened In my opinion I think a lot of it has to do with fear. There's only so much constant, unrelenting fear and anxiety a human psyche can take without breaking in some form or another. Some people go to pieces and take to drinking and other forms of shallow living, while others find some mystical or spiritual calling....But to get back to my point, I think all these spiritual "awakenings" of which we are seeing more and more are a sign of the times. They are a sign that we really are living in abject fear, and the human psyche simply cannot take it for much longer.

Precisely.

People pay a lot of money to ride roller-coasters to scare the bejeezus out of them.

People pay millions of dollars to go to movies to scare the bejeezus out of them.

All of these fears are controlled fears. They stop when one gets off the roller-coaster or leaves the theater.

But then there are other fears.

People pay millions of dollars to Christian Fundamentalist televangelists....

To scare the bejeezus out of them with their 'Prophecies'.

And dozens upon dozens of threads on ATS, with predictions of one terror or another, are all for the purpose of scaring the bejeezus out of people.

Web bots predict one kind of horror; astrology predicts another; the Bible codes predict yet another; innumerable 'prophets' and 'psychics' and 'dreamers' all have their own predictions of some terrible thing that is going to happen.

And millions upon millions of people eat this up because it all comes down to nothing more than entertainment.

But, yes, there is a point where people no longer want to live in fear; at that point, they have to know whether there is any reality behind that fear. And what do they do? They become totally and completely irrational; to the point where, almost intentionally, they do everything they possibly can to bring about precisely the annihilation that they fear. (This is the reason why false prophets are rolling in money; but anyone who has received a genuine Prophecy is typically and completely ignored.)

Why?

Because people have to know whether that fear is REAL or not.

They have to know whether the military threats of one politician or military official or another are merely nothing more than psychological warfare to control their behavior, or whether they fully intend to carry out those threats.

They have to KNOW this rather than merely being forced to BELIEVE it.

This is what Freud referred to as the "death instinct".

At one point or another, the consciousness of the "self" and the 'thinker' becomes peripherally aware that the reality in which they exist is a completely contrived reality. Secretly, or not so secretly, they want to know what reality is REALLY like; which can only happen with the utter annihilation of those dimensions of consciousness.

And, when this fundamental structure of the 'fallen' conscious is extrapolated to the civilization as a whole, it results in the creation of economic and financial structures and policies, religious systems and doctrines, and political ideologies and policies all of which point in the same direction: the utter and complete collapse of the system and/or the near-annihilation or annihilation of human civilization itself.

Why?

In order, fundamentally, to get to an understanding of reality beyond the "self" and the 'thinker'.

Now, is all of this necessary?

NOT AT ALL

It is not at all necessary that the consciousness of the "self" and the 'thinker' be annihilated in order to arrive at an observation and understanding of reality beyond those dimensions of consciousness.

It is possible to step outside of those fundamentally suicidal dimensions of consciousness beyond both fear and desire.

But, for that to be possible, it must, first of all, be widely understood that there is, in fact, such an escape in the first place and such a dimension of consciousness.

But the reason why the religious 'authorities', the "scientists of consciousness" and their compliant medias censor and suppress that information is as a direct result of, not surprisingly, the aforementioned "death instinct".

And, so, we have millions and tens of millions and hundreds of millions of people walking catatonically, unquestioningly into the manifestation of the reality of all of their worst fears.

Why?

Because, fundamentally, they wanted to know reality.

And neither the "dragon"-media, nor the "beast of the sea"-politicians and military officials, nor the "beast of the earth"-'scientists' of consciousness and Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious 'authorities' would allow them ANY OTHER OPTION.

Mi cha el
edit on 24-11-2010 by Michael Cecil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The 21st Century was indeed the age of the self, and the first decade of the 21st Century WAS all about perpetuating a certain status quo, for an old, dead, civilization, as Terrance McKenna so aptly points out. And the Conspiracy related "work" has been important, up to a point, I agree with the OP. It has it's limits, I think, because built right into the dillema we all face, resides the very seed for it's resolution and dissolution, by simply ignoring it altogether, with our higher self, and walking right out of it, into something novel, which can only exist with hope and bright eternal optimism, like a small candle in the face of whatever darkness - as the only possible RATIONAL response, at least for the wise. There remains the space for something new even against this dark backdrop we've all helped to reveal and make known (the conspiracy world of the nwo etc). The only question then becomes - what else? If that's what the so-called PTB have given us, now that it's been revealed by history as an abysmal failure, what shall we do? Do we fight them, or ignore them altogether and walk away refusing to participate any more, starting by simply turning off our TV sets? Then, once all the CRAP and nonsense has been fully "grokked" and understood, which it all but has now, then that conversation comes to an end (Alex Jones might rant on of course but who cares at that point).
When it happens it happesn in the twinkling of an eye.

So I say that while the 20th century was "the century of the self", and the "oh oh's" of the 21st century, nothing but a grotesque rendering of the same, seen desperately trying to cling and hold on and force, with a great ferocity of self will run riot (violence included) in the midst great delusion and a complete lack of real self knowledge and self awareness - the 21st century will become the century of the human being, an exploration not of outer space, but one of inner space through a deep inquiry into our very nature as human beings at this moment in time and history.

In other words, the "self" is now up for re-consideration, and that might be called "waking up" the OP's right.

It's what's happening.

And whenever anyone among us does anything to help bring it about, however big or small, or however fast or slow, nevertheless, that person then is part of the solution, instead part of the problem.

The rest can howl all they want, while we walk serenely into the dawning of a new age of reason and spirit, and simply leave them all behind if needed, glued to the rantings of Alex Jones, who's own dissolution was built into his "Great Work", but who will try to keep it rolling for as long as possible, for nothing but selfish reward and his own personal self-aggrandisement.

There will be a "left behind", and some among us will get to see it. There will be people most alive to the nth degree, living to the hilt even among the walking dead, and we will have to leave the dead to bury their dead..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I notice younger people, people in their teens and 20s much more likely to believe in a variety of CTs than people that age did in my generation. In fact I was stunned to find out how many of my daughter's friends were at the very least extremely skeptical of official theories - many were adherents of what are classed as conspiracy theories also.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join