It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Chief Warns Against Boycott Of Airport Scans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, thats great info!

Even the popular Dr. Oz is recomending wearing a thyroid shield for dental x rays...
They are finding that ongoing Dental s rays cause thyroid cancer.

So...in ten years, when the cancer rate sky rockets amoung those who are frequent fliers...
You know this is rotten to the core. Rotten!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The TSA understand that the people still do have the power of taking them down. Consider this a test to see how far the American people will bend, they are forever listening for the creaks and signs of the bow breaking. When they hear it they snap back in line.

Non compliance and boycott is very powerful.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
Non compliance and boycott is very powerful.

So is payback

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by new_here

Nice observation...nice. Yep...only going to make you and your loved ones late for dinner.
Funny how I think they know that we do tend to look forward to days such as Thanksgiving.
They know how we long to be with family and friends...and that the majority of people traveling
in the States are doing just that.

Yes-siree-bob, and I'll see your "funny how..." and raise you a "funny how" the TRANSPORTATION Security Administration is under the erroneous assumption that trains, buses, and subways are miraculously shielded from any threat to public safety, and therefore in no need of such invasive procedures!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That is quite a plan lol. A buddy of mine works as an EMT near JFK, I am going to have to pass that idea on to him.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Finally give us something to get mad about..
IT IS OUR RIGHT to CHOOSE HOW WE WANT TO BE TREATED!...
Metal detectors are fine.......I am thankful to live in these times and than...I am not..

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
RADIATION X-Rays Are they good for you?[/s

So... if you fly a couple times a year... don't need to worry too much about exposure to radiation right? But if your a frequent flier... well hope you don't mind sterility or cancer a few years from now. I mean why do the hospitals cover your privates with LEAD SHIELDING and the tech leaves the room? And how do x-rays effect the brain? X-ray techs, QUAZLIFIED x-ray techs take extreme precautions when taking x-rays... Are these TSA goons QUALIFIED x-ray techs? Are these machines, which the ex head of DHS got a $350 Million contract for compliant with x-ray tech safety?

All excellent points!
If everyone demanded a copy of their x-rays on the spot, citing 'Freedom of Info Act' or else 'right to obtain copies of medical personal records' which falls under HIPAA (It's an X-ray, for heavensake!)

And furthermore, the more I think about it, this whole fiasco may be in violation of HIPAA, which deals with the privacy of medical information. Remember the person who had to show her prosthetic breast? What if an X-ray displays a known health condition? I had to sign permission at my doctors' office for them to share ANY health info with ANYBODY. It was very specific.

Here's a wikipedia link on HIPAA: LINK

(Please don't let the reference to Health Insurance distract you. Keep reading it... I honestly believe the law applies to anybody with access to medical info on a citizen. (As a teacher, I know for a fact I am bound by the Laws surrounding HIPAA.)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hats off to anyone willing to step up on Weds and say enough!

Also,Happy Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

If everyone demanded a copy of their x-rays on the spot, citing 'Freedom of Info Act' or else 'right to obtain copies of medical personal records' which falls under HIPAA (It's an X-ray, for heavensake!)

And furthermore, the more I think about it, this whole fiasco may be in violation of HIPAA, which deals with the privacy of medical information. Remember the person who had to show her prosthetic breast? What if an X-ray displays a known health condition? I had to sign permission at my doctors' office for them to share ANY health info with ANYBODY. It was very specific.

Here's a wikipedia link on HIPAA: LINK

(Please don't let the reference to Health Insurance distract you. Keep reading it... I honestly believe the law applies to anybody with access to medical info on a citizen. (As a teacher, I know for a fact I am bound by the Laws surrounding HIPAA.)

And you should get a dozen stars for your post.
Yes...what about HIPPA?

Health Information Privacy
The Office for Civil Rights enforces the HIPAA Privacy Rule, which protects the privacy of individually identifiable health information; the HIPAA Security Rule, which sets national standards for the security of electronic protected health information; and the confidentiality provisions of the Patient Safety Rule, which protect identifiable information being used to analyze patient safety events and improve patient safety.

www.hhs.gov...
edit on 23-11-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Please, Citizen SphinxMontreal, come with us. We can discuss this all in Room 101. Please sit down and be comfortable while we talk. There is no need to be afraid.

Now, let's see. You have made some very disturbing and...I must say, injudicious remarks. You have openly stated - in public mind you - that our duly authorized agency "openly approves and practices sexual molestation, invasion of privacy and eradication of constitutional rights". That is most distressing and most likely an illegal utterance. As a simple Prole, how can you have the possible education and intellect to make such judgment? Of course, you cannot. Therefore your statement is deemed to be prima facie evidence of irrational and illegal behavior.

Also, you question if "the TSA or the Government [is] going to guarantee your safety 100% with these degrading and invasive searches by putting it in writing [?]". Of course we have; and we will. You have no right to question this. Our statistics, produced by Ministry 575 experts, show that we are 100% correct in all instances. The fact that you deny such facts shows a deficient view of reality. Your sanity is now very much at issue here.

Finally, we noticed that you made disparaging and discriminatory remarks about various inhabitants of the Nigerian sector of Eurasia. AH, ah, please do not attempt to misquote a distinguished member of the Inner Party. We all know that Eurasia is, and always has been a dedicated ally. The fact that you would attempt to equate an established and documented person inhabiting the (former) United States, travelling for common business or pleasure, with a transient from Nigeria is ludicrous. You see, they are both equally guilty in the eyes of the law.

Therefore, we must find you guilty. Of course you still have the right to demand a trial if you wish. In which case, the court shall find you guilty as well.

(Great post you made Sphinx! S&F & TNX)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It's one more propaganda piece persuading the sleeping sheep to attack the awakeneds.

If we are not careful, one day TPTB won't have any more controlling to do, the sheep will obediently do it all for them, getting their jollies by squashing any rebellious spirit.

Btw, as these scanners are a ludicrous way to combat "terrorism," I expect the people behind them have a surrepticious agenda.

Firstly, they could be sending off everyones' biometric information to Darpa, to add to the catalogue on each of us.

Secondly, does anyone remember the story about Jewish men in a German WWII work-camp being surrepticiously subjected to sterilising radiation while they signed forms at a special desk?
They were totally unaware at the time anything was being done to them, but could never have a baby afterwards.

Racial profiling ... yes, he's another of them xxxxx xxxxxxxx's . . . . . . zap him good!

edit on 24/11/10 by Kailassa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than the others. (Orwell's "Animal Farm", quote by memory):

TSA: Some gov't officials to skip airport security

But the good news:

Ahead of Holiday Travel: TSA wants comments on Travel Frisking

All complaints will be collected, reviewed and will be considered on your next check-in.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Originally posted by Kailassa

Firstly, they could be sending off everyones' biometric information to Darpa, to add to the catalogue on each of us.

Secondly, does anyone remember the story about Jewish men in a German WWII work-camp being surrepticiously subjected to sterilising radiation while they signed forms at a special desk?
They were totally unaware at the time anything was being done to them, but could never have a baby afterwards.

Most Excellent points...we really dont know the full capabilities of the scanners.

I was so disgusted to read this story...its another one of those that just make your blood boil.
Complaint Filed After Teens Pat Down

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Id venture to say your right about the complaints. DHS is not one to be tinkered with.

On a brighter note...at least there are a few voices of sanity in this insane obscene mess.

Aviation Director & Airport Chief Of Charlotte International Says TSA Security is No Better With Pat Downs & Scanners

In the end, ultimate responsibility for security may fall on airline passengers

True security is me knowing what I'm doing and you not knowing," he said.

"If a pilot is willing to go down with an airplane, how can you stop him?"

Longtime director of Charlotte/Douglas, the country's 11th busiest airport in terms of 2009 passenger totals.

Aviation Director Jerry Orr said the federal government should focus on "looking for potential perpetrators" rather than inspecting everybody, sometimes intrusively. People must realize that "No matter you much you spend, you cannot 100% guarantee security," so it is worth considering that at some level security may be too intrusive, or too slow, or too expensive to provide, he said.

On the cost side, Orr noted, the number of workers employed by the TSA in Charlotte has tripled from around 150 at the time of the September 11 terrorist attacks, yet security is no better

www.minyanville.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Does anyone know the specifics on how the "interrogations" are going in the airports today?

I know that in my hometown of ATL., Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, one of the top three busiest airports in the world, is experiencing heavy delays.

I wonder if it is from people giving the TSA perverts hell?

Anyone have any info. on any of this?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Seriously after thinking about this the only thing anyone would be able to do is blow up a plane or make a dent in it. Nobody can get to the controls anymore and the pilots are armed along with 'air marshals'. A in-flight takeover would be stopped short of any goal. With that said, blowing up a plane is pretty simple minded in comparison to 911 and other events. The TSA is trying to promote safety on planes to stir up use in the airline system to generate profit and went way too far. This might be a symptom to a greater goal (security theater) by a larger organization but that is another topic.
If I try to think like a terrorist hell bent on destroying US interests using fear I believe there might be some other more pressing issues at hand then me blowing up one plane. Infrastructure and technology come to mind, if someone took out a bridge we would all be afraid to drive across bridges, if someone poisoned the water we would all be afraid to drink water, if someone took out a nuclear plant. . .
edit on 11/24/2010 by AnteBellum because: spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm very interested to see what kind of, if any, media covrage the boycotts get. More often then not, relevant boycotts are played down in the media (I know, I have been at many, and seen the news report protests of thousands of people as a small group of 50).

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

I found one protest of a "speedo" strip down...
Posted it here. So far thats the only one I've found.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

Actually mate it was room 619. Re: Biko by Peter Gabriel. It just seems to fit, given the current events/circumstances.

Regards,
R

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

I just can tell you, that the reactions of the US citizens to this was worth a report on the late night news over here in Germany.

For those, who understand German:
RTL

The most interesting part: Hillary Clinton said, she would not accept such a treatment, if she can avoid it. Yes, she can.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join