It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papers Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Its all about control, not safety. well, control and FAT Contract$

One of the most important steps in controlling the citizens of a country, is to control their travel and to do this, you have to have control of the entire transportation industry.
I've been saying all along that these aircraft screenings by the TSA were just the beginning and that subways and buses would be next.
Someone pointed this article out to me on another thread, I had no idea that this was even said until last night.

Pistole said he wants TSA workers, including 47,000 screeners at 450 airports, to operate as a "national-security, counterterrorism organization, fully integrated into U.S. government efforts." "I want to take TSA to the next level," Pistole said.

In his first interview since taking over the TSA, former FBI deputy director John Pistole told USA TODAY that some terrorists consider subway and rail cars an easier target than heavily secured planes.

USA Today Interview

So, I wonder and have to ask. If its all in the name of security then why the focus on transportation alone? Especially since there are so many other prime targets available that, if hit, would be far more devastating than
a plane crash or a blown up bus.
How much easier would it be to to sneak a bomb into a baseball or football stadium or a NASCAR event?
Can you imagine how much damage an RV packed with explosives could do while parked in the middle of 100k+ NASCAR fans?

If these scary Al Quaeda guys were so prolific in this country, why hasnt something like this happened?
If they were so dedicated to cause death and economic devastation, then why bother trying to get a bomb
on a plane, when they could just blow themselves up in a crowded airport, BEFORE they approach the security checkpoints.
This would still have the same effect, multiple deaths and shutting down the airline industry.

I honestly dont know if theres anything we can do to stop it at this point but I cant stress this enough, its all a scam.
More surveillance cameras on the highways and at every intersection= More control over us and more $ for the company.
More scanners at Airports, Train/Subway and Bus Stations= More control over us, more $ for the company and a much larger DHS/TSA force to man them.

So, in the next few years be prepared to hear these lines whenever you want to take the subway to work, take a bus to your parents for thanksgiving or maybe just travel across a bridge or through a tunnel.

"Papers please"

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

I don't like travelling in subways, but I do like riding trains and going through tunnles. I'm all about Phat contracts when it serves The Revolution for the people. Though, I don't think it will be papers they're gonna start asking for in a few years, it will be HANDS.

(rfid)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
reply to post by Animatrix

I don't like travelling in subways, but I do like riding trains and going through tunnles. I'm all about Phat contracts when it serves The Revolution for the people. Though, I don't think it will be papers they're gonna start asking for in a few years, it will be HANDS.

(rfid)

Lol yea, youre probably right but using the term "Papers Please" has a more menacing ring to it for added drama.
Adds a Gestapo or Cold War KGB effect to the post

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
So, although nobody seems interested in replying to this thread, i thought I would this excerpt from an interview that Janet Napolitano made Monday night, in which she says she plans to do exactly what i said would be done.

The next step in tightened security could be on U.S. public transportation, trains and boats. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says terrorists will continue to look for U.S. vulnerabilities, making tighter security standards necessary. “[Terrorists] are going to continue to probe the system and try to find a way through,” Napolitano said in an interview that aired Monday night on "Charlie Rose."

Source

Like the ONE other poster in this thread said, it wont really be papers, it will be "hand please" or "step up to the eye scan machine please" in the very near future.
This will be done in addition to the xrays and body searches, to ensure you are who you say you are.. For security purposes only, of course.
How much longer before well be required to submit a cheek swab to check out a book thats on the Governments watch list?

Scanners showing up at court houses now.

CASTLE ROCK, Colo. – Taking a trip during the holidays isn't the only time that people might get a full-body scan to pass through security. People heading to court to testify, get a restraining order, pay a ticket or answer criminal charges could also face a full-body scan at courthouses. The U.S. Marshals Service, which is in charge of protecting federal judges nationwide, is exploring their use at federal courthouses. And two state courthouses in Douglas and El Paso counties in Colorado have already deployed full-body scanners that use radio waves to detect all objects on a person, including paper

Yahoo News
edit on 24-11-2010 by Animatrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
all this just smells of someone high up trying to make themselves look good on paper and is obvious to the power they could achieve. It is big brother coming into fruition. i just hope a senior senate member has to go through this. People have the power to change things

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by midlandslad

Well yea but its bigger than that. They want to know everything were doing, when were doing it and why.
I really dont like using the "Gestapo" comparisons because a lot of people over use the Nazi and Gestapo buzz words, however i do believe in this case, the two organizations arent to far apart, The DHS/TSA= Gestapo.

And we really are pretty powerless to stop them. Why? because if you dont comply, youll be a criminal, you go to jail, lose your job, be forced to hire a lawyer and end up penniless and homeless.
Whos willing to "martyr" themselves in this fashion to make a point, that may or may not make a difference?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
welcome to the ant farm.....
oh, we aren't the ants
we are the aphids

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The terrorists, if there are any, are winning. The aim of terrorism is to strike terror and mistrust into the populous. To hinder their freedom of movement and liberties. That is happening. The freedoom of the people is being depleated and the act of doing it is costing untold millions. On the other hand, how much has it cost the "terrorist"? pennies?

They are winning.
edit on 24/11/2010 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

You hit on it exactly lonearcher, they have won but thats what was intended to happen all along.
I wont really get into whether 9/11 was orchestrated or not, its what has happened since then that
I care about.
The Intelligence communities and our politicians saw a HUGE opportunity to take advantage of this incident, in order to tighten their grip on American Citizens and they took it.
The Patriot Act needs to be repealed and the power of the people to decide what we should and should not be afraid of.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
and this is why people support the 9-11 conspiracy theories. im not a believer in them btw but look at all the laws in effect since it happened. patriot act now this etc. Government authorites winning off fear
edit on 25-11-2010 by midlandslad because: spelling mistake

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by midlandslad

I try not to get caught up in these theories but some are relevant, like building 7 and the pentagon (missile)

But I believe that some focus much on these theories takes attention away from the events that have occurred SINCE 9/11, like the complete erosion of our privacy and the Govt actually making most Americans believe that, yes they do have a right to tap set up random checkpoints and drive down
the streets in vans with backscatter xray machines, peering into our person, our cars and our HOMES.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix

If these scary Al Quaeda guys were so prolific in this country, why hasnt something like this happened?

I have often wondered that very thing. I could list a great many ways to bomb and kill if I was a Al Quaeda op and never get cought or be in any real danger my self. So why has this not happened? We all know why. We are being had. 1984 did not come true only because he got the year wrong. Maybe he should have called it 2014. So he was off by 30 years but even back when that book was writen it was known this was going to happen so it is not like we did not know way ahead of time so how did let let this happen?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Smile, youre on camera... Again and again and again.

Smile, if you're in downtown Houston Homeland Security picking up tab for 250-300 surveillance cameras

The city is installing 250 to 300 cameras at downtown intersections in an effort to prevent and fight terrorism and crime, part of a security initiative sponsored by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The cameras, which the city began installing in earnest this summer, already have helped police catch car burglars in the act, said Dennis Storemski, the city's director of the Office of Public Safety and Homeland Security. Eventually, he said, the cameras could be used to allow dispatchers or officers approaching a crime scene to survey what's happening from their patrol vehicles before they arrive.

Houston Chron

I like how they throw in there that cameras have been used to catch a car thief. That will make people say, oh wow, they really work. Why havent they done this sooner?

And btw, here in my city, In S. Tx, there are already a minimum of two cameras at each intersection.
They were placed there about 6 years ago to help regulate traffic, or so they say but now they also work in conjunction with the new Red Light camera system.

join