It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finished My Christmas Shopping and Most People At The Mall were Foreigners

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

lest we forget.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by Advantage
We are allowed to individually express our personal views here no matter if they are popular or not. Im sorry this frightens some so greatly.

I'm not frightened. Just disappointed.
Even the country I live in has it's share of racial intolerances and finger pointing. Much like Merigold, I hope that humanity can change for the better and become more tolerant and accepting of differences and less 'jealous' or bitter or suspicious.
edit on 22-11-2010 by aorAki because: capitalising.

Yeah, I hear you. Your country is no more enlightened than my country is enlightened over another. I feel you expect too much from human beings though.
Things have really never been any different and there has never been a sustainable utopia. Rather than beating one's head against the wall and believing fairy tales THEY have fed you, recognize that no amount of wishful thinking will change those around you and the REAL human animal. You are responsible for yourself and your actions alone. Live in the way you feel right and dont worry about the others who you might change.. becuase you will never truly change anyone. History alone should show us that the idea of harmony among human beings is not in us as a species and to think any other way is folly. Heck, most folks cant even get along with their extended family.. do you really expect complete acceptance toward one another outside of blood ties?To who we consider "foreigners"?

I feel the conflict comes from the absurd ideas we are fed from birth. Those being of course the utopian ideas, the ideas that we are even capable of full acceptance, this absurness called political correctness, racial harmony, and the FACT that we are built for conflict.. down deep we are vicious and capable of such horrors.. societal constraints/laws/fear of punishment are the only thing that keeps the chaos we are capable of under even the tenuous control we see. Ive come to the point that I let others be themselves and make no judgements calls with my mouth. I choose to associate or not associate with them and live as I feel is appropriate. I hope to be an example by actions, because talk is cheap. We've been talked to death about these weird ideas concerning society and how everyone SHOULD be, as if those who shout this garbage are even practicing what they preach. For me, I dont like what I dont like.. thats it. No unspoken rule will change whats in my heart even if I lie with my mouth.. as so many do about racial harmony concerning immigrants.

For me, I dont care one way or the other about immigrants, what they do in private, etc. This is how America was built and I figure thats why those who arent American dont understand it. It also needs to be understood that there are certain things that are acceptable here out in society, the business world, and within our communities that just make plain old good sense.. those being acclimation and language issues. All it does is annoy Americans and jam the system up when immigrants want special treatment and to reap our benefits but refuse to contribute or actually become an American. The PC crowd demands they get that special treatment.. and you see where that has gotten us.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

lest we forget.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

That was Frances way of getting back at us.

Fortunately for everyone in the nation, that little motto carries no weight, nor policy.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A few comments made me think of this....

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

rabble rabble rabble

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

That poem was written by an American.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Indeed..... that whole episode sums it up though.... this kind of mentality.

To even make a thread like this...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Actually I did speak in Japanese, especially if a Japanese National was around. It was the right thing to do, unless I was helping translate, however I would tell the Americans about what we did in my study groups and invite them to try to help bridge the gap there. I never felt uncomfortable even if I pronounced it wrong because I could feel the apreciation that I was trying. That is not the case here, and we are not talking about 2 different things. This is America, If you want to live like you did in another country here, especially if you cant do the req to become a citizen, get out!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Divide and Conquer is the game.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

They do what they have to in order to become a citizen. If they choose to live a certain way after becoming a citizen, including speaking in their own language, that is their right. Land of the free, remember?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Sure Im all about freedom, but when your freedom infringes on my rights, which is what is happening then something has got to give.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

How is a person speaking another language infringing on your rights?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rushunt

Sure Im all about freedom, but when your freedom infringes on my rights, which is what is happening then something has got to give.

Who is infringing on your freedom...and what freedom are they infringing on?

I need to stop reading this thread....putting me in a bad mood.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Divide and Conquer is the game.

Which is why immigration needs to be stopped.

Unchecked immigration does nothing but divide the nation.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This all started to happen about 25 years ago, but about fifteen years ago I started dating my immigrant ex, and we would get a fair number of stares. I thought it was funny. Then about ten years ago, we walked out of the movie theater, and I noticed I was about the only white person in the building.

Now days most of my friends are immigrants, we get along fine. They are spooked about all the immigration themselves. Now many have comfortable lives and are living well, but many of the earlier immigrants are struggling, and the ones now making good money are worried about how long it will last, and they too are worried about immigration. When I hear people speaking a different language I like to ask what language they speaking, out of curiosity. Mu blue eyes give me a bit of celebrity status which can be good or bad.

However, if you get outside of the large suburban sprawls, you will find that the populations are still predominately white. We all have to adapt. Immigration is clearly being used as a tool to keep wages and salaries down, and it is hard on the immigrants was well as everyone else. Now most of them have huge mortgages, in houses whose value is underwater, as the term is applied.

We do need immigration reform, the first world countries can not absorb all the excess population of the third world, and even the immigrants recognize this. The PTB are working against us all.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by angrydog

Yes, I also noticed many of the cashiers and stockers were foreign.

You would think our government would look out for and hire Americans before foreigners.

Silly question but how exactly can you tell who is not American?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

It's not a game. It's called the march of time. If it was a game, the it would be game over, check mate.
As far as rights, it seems to me it's the very people who will become the minority who want to dismantle the rights of minorities. Maybe some rational thinking based on self interest is in order. Unless of course you believe we can get rid of all the non whites, or stop them from procreating.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystrange

It's not a game. It's called the march of time. If it was a game, the it would be game over, check mate.
As far as rights, it seems to me it's the very people who will become the minority who want to dismantle the rights of minorities. Maybe some rational thinking based on self interest is in order. Unless of course you believe we can get rid of all the non whites, or stop them from procreating.

We cant stop them from procreating, but we can stop them from entering the country.

That is exactly what needs to be done.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

We cant stop them from procreating, but we can stop them from entering the country.

That is exactly what needs to be done.

Ok... How do you propose we do that?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

Thats simple.

We need to eliminate all forms of immigration for a period of at least 20 or 30 years.

Stopping all immigration from 3rd world nations is vital to the future of the United States.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join