It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finished My Christmas Shopping and Most People At The Mall were Foreigners

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
whoa what do you mean by "non-americans"? people who are hired to work for department must be US citizens to get a w2.. theyre not hiring illegal workers to be cashiers. you just want white people who look like you so you don't feel alienated.

link   
whoa what do you mean by "non-americans"? people who are hired to work for department must be US citizens to get a w2.. theyre not hiring illegal workers to be cashiers. you just want white people who look like you so you don't feel alienated.

link   
I had my shopping done by Halloween. Yes .. I said Halloween.

I did it almost all online.
I hate the crowds, the body oders and the GERMS for shopping in November and December.
I just won't do it.

link   
This is a prime example of why all forms of immigration need to be stopped immediately for at least 20 or 30 years.

It must be stopped by whatever means are necessary up to and including the use of military force.

link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

if you read carefully you see ..its ot just about the skin color or anything..

im just sayin..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I haven't started my holiday shopping yet, but I saw something very sad and strange yesterday at the local dollar store. I was behind a family in line and they were arguing about which items to keep and which to toss. Their total was around $7 and one of the women paid with two of those food stamps cards. One only had seven cents on it! The other was like a dollar and some change. She paid the balance of $4 in cash. I've never seen anything like that before. It's going to be a very interesting holiday season.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Hazystars because: typo

link   

All nine of the kids coming out of these mini mansions were either East Indian or Japanese.

What!?!?
OMG how dare they be anything but sweat shop workers. We have to do something, we can't let these foreigners have Christmas! Or nice houses..and god forbid they have jobs...horrible!

What's next? Mexicans as neighbours? Iranians as co workers? Germans as managers?

Wow, people, just wow.

Perhaps these evil dastardly foreigners haven't over extended themselves with CREDIT and thus can actually afford some of the fire sale stuff that natives can't afford. Cash is king, and they seem to have it, good on them and well done for not joining in with the rest of the lemmings.

link   
Amercans come in more colors that just black and white. Just a few generations ago our familes were all foreigners. To be American you don't have to look a certain way. American is not a race. Who cares how many years new Americans have been here. Let them shop without prejudice.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

If you are insinuating I am a racist you are wrong.

Please don't jump to conclusions and spout such assumptions. You do not know me.

My husband and I demonstrated for civil rights in our country.

I simply reported my observations.

Companies are insourcing and outsourcing non-Americans due to foreigners usually take lower wages.

Personally, I think if an American and a foreigner both apply for the same job and both are equally qualified, the American born should get preference.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I absolutely hate the mall. I am an outdoor person. I like TJ Maxx, Targets, Amazon.com,
e-bay.com, LLBean.com, Landsend.com. I feel the malls mark up products 66% more than
the other stores. I can always find a better deal on the internet. You just have to be a delayed
gratifier, and be willing to wait for the mail to show up. I just hate low quality and trying on clothes too.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Can I ask how you know those people are not American?

I would also like to know the answer to this. What I think is that they just didn't look like your typical American. Big deal. Americans now have a horrible work ethic, let the productive people from other lands obtain citizenship and make this a great courntry again. Be happy we have fresh blood.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more. I'm kind of sick of the whole situation too. The TSA thing really put me over the edge. I think they should profile! Say what you will..I don't care.

On a side note..I went browsing at toysrus the other day and my 2 yr old picked up a little doll (a very white looking doll) she pushed the little test button to make the thing talk and it said something in spanish!@#$% I felt disgusted. Made in China and speaking spanish...when it should be MADE IN THE USA AND SPEAKING ENGLISH!

Another side note...I was watching international househunters the other day and it was two Americans wanting to move to Thailand. I wasn't aware that Americans couldn't buy real estate there. I like that idea and think this law should adopted here. I don't think foreigners should be able to buy/sale real estate.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well Call me racist if you wish but here is the truth.

The reason that so many people in America are hurting is because it is cheaper to hire outside,

If you live in America, SPEAK THE DAMN LANGUAGE.

I lived in japan for almost 2 years, and within the first 2 months I could carry on a conversation in Japanese, I studied allot, and had enough respect to not be a gaijin!

If you Lived in Texas you would be callused as well.

I am not a racist against color, I am white, My best friend in the whole world who has a key to my house and my kiddo calls uncle is BLACK, My ex-wife is Hispanic,

I am prejudice against lazy stupid freeloaders who come here and expect a handout, who destroy our country by working for less just so they get the job instead of someone born here. I also do think if you want to be here be a productive part of our society, don't come here and try to take over and screw us out of what is ours, I'm sorry that where you came from has gone to crap enough that you don't want to be there, but if you continue to do what you did there your infecting us with the same disease that ruined your society!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

Pew: Immigrants Gain U.S. Jobs While Native-Born Americans Lose Them
October 29th, 2010 (3) Posted By Pat Dollard.

Immigrant workers have gained jobs since the recession ended, while native-born Americans continued to lose work, a new report finds.

The Pew Hispanic Center released a report Friday that shows foreign-born residents gained 656,000 jobs from June 2009 to June 2010. At the same time, workers born in the country lost 1.2 million jobs.

The report said reasons for the huge gap are unclear. But it suggested that immigrants are more likely to take low-paid jobs because some of them aren’t eligible for unemployment benefits.

“It might be that in the search for jobs in the recovery, immigrants were more accepting of lower wages and reduced hours because many, especially unauthorized immigrants, are not eligible for unemployment benefits,” it says.

The report doesn’t break down how many jobs are filled by legal immigrants, as compared with illegal ones.

It also found that while immigrants are getting more jobs than nonimmigrant workers, they’re suffering from sharp declines in earnings. From June 2009 to June 2010, median weekly earnings for immigrants dropped 4.5 percent, but only less than 1 percent for workers born here.

The issue of American jobs being filled by immigrant workers, or outsourced to other countries, has captivated this election cycle. Republicans argue that illegal immigrants are taking jobs that U.S. citizens are willing to do, while Democrats say that the real problem is U.S. companies outsourcing manufacturing jobs to India and China, among other countries.

The report is based on numbers from the U.S. Census Bureau and the Labor Department

Source: politifi.com...

Have you heard of a visa?

I also strongly suggest you read "Hostile Takeover" by David Sirota.

Our country needs to be looking out for it's own citizens first and non citizens second.

How many jobs will Americans lose once illegals get amnesty?

Since there are 20 million here illegally and once they become citizens and bring their families over, how many Americans will lose their jobs to people who will do it for half price? The construction industry, maids, fast food restaurants, etc have already been decimated by this. Entry level jobs are all being occupied now. How long before your job is gone?

Best answer: Answer by Lou Dobbs About 20 million

Amnesty is a slap in the face to all of those immigrants who did it the hard way. It only encourges even more to find their way over here, which in turn creates a new cycle of illegals who will too get amnesty and so on. Before you know it, the third worldization of America has occured.

Come back to me in ten years and see if you still agree with your reply.

Good luck.

You're going to need it.
edit on 22-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I Agree Star For You, you are just saying what needs to be said. thank you for being honest

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I live about an hour from St.Louis.. for years its been that way and no one has ever had an issue with it. The "foreigners" you see are Americans. STL has entire sections of the city that are Bosnian, asian, Indian, etc. My only issue with it is that they make it THEIR area/neighborhood, natural born Americans arent really welcome, and dont seem to want to acclimate to the country they have chosen to live in and become a citizen of. My previous career kept me in contact with the public constantly. Its ridiculous to need translators of every language simply because immigrants refuse to learn our language. It got so absurd that the place I worked had to hire all kinds of translators because these people were using their toddlers to convey emergency medical information, that was most times incorrect.

I dont care if a certain person on this thread considers me a racist or whatever nonsense they are spouting.. but if you live here the VERY least you can do is acclimate to this country and learn the language. Its necessary.. how is it such a difficult concept for some?

Also, here we dont consider 14 yr old bosnian prostitutes a "norm" in our society. We had a LARGE issue with this in STL about 8 years ago. They actually fought over the right to pimp their daughters and grand daughters because welfare didnt pay enough! Quite the scandal for the normal working and acclimated Bosnians in the area who had to live in "little Bosnia" area in South STL. If youre going to live here, at the very LEAST get an idea of our laws and what is considered acceptable social behavior. Perhaps learn the language or make an attempt to communicate with us rather than demanding we cater to you and hold your hand.EVERY other country demands this.. why is it that we arent allowed to? Ive lived all over the world and all over this country. No other country would put up with what we have to in order to satisfy the immigrant.. legal or illegal.

The "world" should consider spending some time contemplating their own trespasses, racist views, and biases rather than constantly whining about America and what we do. TO certain posters Ive been observing over the threads.. clean up your own back yard before pointing fingers. This sanctimonious judgementalism here makes me want to puke sometimes.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Once again, same around my parts.

I grew up next to a young Pakistani family, who's middle son is the same age as me.

He now lives in a very "upscale" area of my city.

All goes back to the frugal fiscal management he was taught by his parents. He was taught, and followed, some very strict spending habits while we were growing up. Imagine what he was offered when he went in to get a mortgage, with a lot more than the recommended 25% down (suprisingly easy when he showed me how little he had to bank since he started saving when he was 14). The bank wanted him to take a much larger mortgage and house than what he ended up buying. But, he followed the same fiscal policy he has since we were kids.

His reward, a fantastic house with a minimal mortgage.

I can't begrudge a guy for being smart with his money.

If it just so happens that more foreigners are being smart than natural citizens, we have nobody to blame but ourselves. I have italicized foreigners and natural citizens because his family has been Canadian longer than mine, but he will forever be a foreigner because of his skin

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Americans now have a horrible work ethic

I will pit my work ethic against anyone anyday.

With the last company I worked for (16 years), all 16 of my reviews were "exceed expectations".

I've been on the phone with many a customer past five (no overtime) to help solve a problem.

Been working since I was ten and orphaned.

Have worked very hard and was a perfect model employee that took great pride in my work.

Had a Indian doctor that saw my husband at Alexian Brothers Hospital that when I told her, his leg was infected, brushed me off and hurried out.

Husband's leg got worse, went to our own doctor the next day and I was right, his leg was infected.

Third child, again a Indian doctor, quite casually told me, without a care, like it was nothing, "oh your son stopped breathing on us twice yesterday"

Work ethic my @ss.

I've encounted many foreigners that had a worse work ethic than many Americans.

Again, you must judge each individual on their own merit.

I've met plenty of foreigners that could careless and had a poorer work ethic than me.

edit on 22-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

They can.

Google how much land in Colorado the Queen of England has purchased.

The people in my previous post, in the mini mansion neighborhood, are all foreigners.

The sinking Euro hasn’t seriously derailed foreign appetite for premiere US real estate but the next few weeks will reveal whether the Euro zone crisis will eat away at demand, according to experts.
‘We thought our foreign buyers would flee, but they haven’t as yet,’ said Pamela Liebman, president and chief executive of The Corcoran Group told the Reuters Global Real Estate and Infrastructure summit in New York.

‘It still feels as good as it did before the Euro crisis but we’re waiting to see and it’s nowhere near what it was with the condo boom,’ Liebman added.

Delegates heard that the mix of foreign buyers has already shifted over the past two years.

Italians, South Americans, Southeast Asians, Chinese and Russians are in while the Irish and Koreans are out.

Foreign buyers are looking for a safe and secure place to put their money and they are finding that in the best known US addresses, according to Jay Koster, president of Americas Capital Markets for Jones Lang LaSalle.

‘There is tremendous appetite especially if the address says 5th Avenue or Park Avenue or Madison Avenue,’ said Koster, referring to New York's glitzier streets. Foreigners are ‘buying long term value or buying stability. They’re buying Pennsylvania Avenue in D.C. and they’re buying Rodeo Drive in the Beverly Hills area of Los Angeles. It’s broader than Manhattan, but still very finite demand.’
Source: www.propertywire.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

And thank you for your sightful post.

I'm impressed you learned Japanese, suppose to be a very hard language.

I am learning Spanish, my youngest is teaching me.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join