It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people who work at banks "innocent"?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
An idea from another thread. If you work in a bank, are you "innocent"? You are enforcing the banksters laws on everyone - the lowly teller who refuses to assist you unless you get fingerprinted and pay $7 fee to cash a check at BOA is enforcing the illegal rules of the bank, and is basically helping "them".

So, the "just following orders" didnt work for the Nazis, it didnt work at Abu Grahib, so why should it work for these people? They are just doing their job, but their job is destroying their country, and their society. So at what point does anyone take personal blame for helping the looting of your countrymen?

There are other jobs out there...the problem is, most bank tellers are uneducated women who cant get paid close to that amount of money doing real work anywhere else. If they werent at the bank, theyd be cashing you out at walmart. So then, it comes to personal greed....again, I dont think that they are "innocent".

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yes the lowely bank teller is innocent. Even the managers, loan officers etc. They have nothing to do with bank policy and the monetary system, they're just doing their jobs trying to make a living.

I used to work for a couple of banks, and I can tell you that the people working at the branches are good, decent people. They don't usually make a lot of money and they're just trying to make ends meet, just like you and I.

It's the a$$holes higher up you should be pissed at.

Leave the poor bank tellers alone.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well my bank tellers are locals,first name greets (small town).
Its just a job for them, avg wage.Strict rules and procedures must be adhered too or lose the job.
Its the greedy CEO on $12m a year that rides the gravy train filled by the people.To maintain their wage and share price they will take the shirt from your back.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yeah i think they are innocent, just because you work for a bank you don't have to agree with the policy the bank says you have to, it's called personal choice, a little something that the freeworld is suppose to stand for.

I had to work for a company whose policy i didn't agree with but i did the job anyway but i gave as much advice as i could to make things as easy for them as possible, and in some cases even a way around the system that was perfectly legal and could use to their advantage.

I think to say that they are 'not innocent' is a little naive as things are not as black and white as it appears with people. It won't matter if you should quit in protest over whatever said policy simply because it wouldn't change a thing, the bank bosses would just get somebody else to do it, remember the ones higher up see the little people as numbers and replaceable nothing more.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Seriously? Please...Those people are doing their JOBS! They don't make the laws. If you think about it everyone at every job is helping "them."

Tellers are not to blame and they are not like Nazis,. get a grip.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I would have to say no. (as in not guilty)

Would you indict OJ Simpson's driver for driving him away from the scene of a crime when the driver wasn't aware at the time?

That's just an example. Bank employees are just like you and me, trying to work, live, and survive.
edit on 11/22/2010 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
All three of you said the same thing. They are just doing their job.

But if they dont agree with the policies, why carry them out? Why work there? Why work to enrich the evil CEO, by raping your fellow citizen?

There are other jobs available. No one is FORCING them to do the bankers dirty work. They are not going to work at gunpoint, or at risk of court martial. If a Nazi killed a Jew, but would be killed himself if he didnt do it, is he guilty? Of course he is, because although is hand is forced, he still has a HUMAN CHOICE TO MAKE, RIGHT OR WRONG.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Seriously? Please...Those people are doing their JOBS! They don't make the laws. If you think about it everyone at every job is helping "them."

Tellers are not to blame and they are not like Nazis,. get a grip.

Really? So how is someone that works at a homeless shelter helping "THEM"? How is someone that runs a house for battered women helping "THEM"? So every single thing that you do helps "THEM", huh?

Maybe thats what they WANT you to think so you dont try fighting them.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
I would have to say no.

Would you indict OJ Simpson's driver for driving him away from the scene of a crime when the drive wasn't aware at the time?

That's just an example. Bank employees are just like you and me, trying to work, live, and survive.

People get arrested for stuff like this all the time. Ignorance is not an excuse, as they say.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
With the economy in the state that it is, any job is a good job.

The lowly bank employees do not create the rules that the banks use. They cannot circumvent them either.

Take out your rage on the higher ups who actually create policy.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Traydor
It won't matter if you should quit in protest over whatever said policy simply because it wouldn't change a thing, the bank bosses would just get somebody else to do it, remember the ones higher up see the little people as numbers and replaceable nothing more.

What if everyone refused to do it? Thats my point, the people agreeing to do it are responsible for their choices.
Maybe for the world to change, we have to realize that screwing over your brothers and sisters is not worth $12 an hour.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The people are innocent if they have no wish to commit treason in effect.

Like for instance ireland, there are bound to be peopel that knew what would be coming. Not sure from where you start but there must be quite alot in on such a thing.
edit on 11/22/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It sounds like you have a personal issue with banks. Unfortunately as much as you don't agree with the policies that banks follow you just have to live with it or if you feel so strongly about it you should challenge it, so the question is what are you prepared to do about it?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
An idea from another thread. If you work in a bank, are you "innocent"? You are enforcing the banksters laws on everyone - the lowly teller who refuses to assist you unless you get fingerprinted and pay $7 fee to cash a check at BOA is enforcing the illegal rules of the bank, and is basically helping "them".

So, the "just following orders" didnt work for the Nazis, it didnt work at Abu Grahib, so why should it work for these people? They are just doing their job, but their job is destroying their country, and their society. So at what point does anyone take personal blame for helping the looting of your countrymen?

There are other jobs out there...the problem is, most bank tellers are uneducated women who cant get paid close to that amount of money doing real work anywhere else. If they werent at the bank, theyd be cashing you out at walmart. So then, it comes to personal greed....again, I dont think that they are "innocent".

bank tellers uneducated????????????????

watch it - I was a bank teller and the bank teller does not get paid any more than an office worker

and when the boss tells you to do whatever then you just do it.

it takes time to find another job and as bank workers get half the interest charged on their mortgage and their credit card you can see that it is very difficult to make other job arrangements

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Guilt by association? Seems to work in a lot of other cases. Why it would have nothing to do with this I don't know? My personal beliefs though: I wouldn't consider bank tellers as the problem, just doing what they have to survive.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yes...they are innocent...they are trying to survive like all the rest of us.

Give me any persons job...and I can show you how they are promoting corruption from someones point of view.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Traydor

It sounds like you have a personal issue with banks. Unfortunately as much as you don't agree with the policies that banks follow you just have to live with it or if you feel so strongly about it you should challenge it, so the question is what are you prepared to do about it?

I do have issues with the banking policies. They are illegal, as have been mentioned here and several other places on the internet.

What "Im trying to do about it" is raise awareness, like in this thread. Unfortunately, people are so brainwashed they are arguing FOR the banks.....so how many people that have replied to this topic in the negative have somoene close to them working in a bank??

And if "its not their fault, they are just doin gtheir jobs", then how can you be a hypocrite and be mad at politicians? They are also just licking the boots of their banking masters, so they are innocent now too?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Yes...they are innocent...they are trying to survive like all the rest of us.

Give me any persons job...and I can show you how they are promoting corruption from someones point of view.

great, use the 2 examples i used earlier in the thread:

Person who works in a homeless shelter.

Woman who runs a home for battered women.

Tell me how they are helping the banking elite. GO.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabyte

bank tellers uneducated????????????????

watch it - I was a bank teller and the bank teller does not get paid any more than an office worker

and when the boss tells you to do whatever then you just do it.

it takes time to find another job and as bank workers get half the interest charged on their mortgage and their credit card you can see that it is very difficult to make other job arrangements

This proves my point exactly. You were educated enough to get a job at a bank, then "boss tells you to do whatever then you just do it."

AND WHY? Read the section I bolded above. They PAY YOU OFF TO SCREW YOUR BROTHERS!!! "Just do our bidding, and we will let you on the team and cut that nasty interest rate IN HALF for you!"

But then its just about doing a job, and not about greed right?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Some advice - Before you start pointing fingers at somebody make sure there's none pointing back.

I very much doubt the bank tellers are waking up each morning planning on how to mess up someone's day. Also so far the people who have posted so far are defending the lower staff and not the actual policies or the ones who make these policies which is what you were asking us in the first place. The people who have posted so far understand that things are not as black and white as you appear to stating.

As for calling us hypocrites, that is more than harsh and very childish, you have asked us for our opinion and when you have been getting responses that you don't like or understand you lash out at them, why is that? we are only stating our opinions on this subject nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join