It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military heros are a bunch of sissy girls.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Not my thoughts...you can thank the new right wing for this latest gem meme.

Source

a snip:

Few honors shine as bright or bring into focus true patriotism as when the president awards a Medal of Honor. It may just be one of the last acts that truly brings elements of the right and left together.

Or at least it was until President Obama awarded the Medal of Honor to Afghan hero Army Sgt. Salvatore Giunta. Giunta received the high distinction for valor on the battlefield that saved his comrades. According to the Army's official citation, Giunta "exposed himself to withering enemy fire" during a daring effort to engage the enemy and extract his wounded comrades from ambush.

But for Bryan Fisher, conservative Christian commentator for the American Family Association, Giunta's actions were far from honorable. For Fisher the fact that the Medal of Honor went to a soldier for saving lives, rather than killing the enemy, is a not only a tragedy, it's a reflection of weakness in our culture.

According to Fisher the award is now "feminized."

That's right. Recognizing the courage it takes to face enemy fire and rescue other soldiers from all-but-certain death is "wimpy" and "girlish" to some on the right. The award should be reserved for those soldiers who succeed only at killing. Valor and bravery, for these folks on the right, can only be displayed through killing enemy soldiers.

Anyone want to test out the new conservative version of honor on him first?

So whatcha think vets...is the MOH recipient a bit of a poof for saving his friends in battle? Shall the right now decide the military is a liberal organization or toss him into the pit of hell he deserves...

Keep in mind though, before you answer the no brainer...Obama gave this guy the award...so you are bound by partisan oaths to immediately hate this man and his actions...ok, go.
edit on 22-11-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Just when I thought I couldn't loathe a hypocrtical group anymore. Need they be reminded it is the same army no matter who the Commander in Chief might be?

In a word........pathetic.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Not surprising that it comes from the American Taliban.

Too bad war will never be declared on them. ?
edit on 22-11-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Its a curious choice the average republican is facing lately...the right (fringe and not soo fringe) is now making some wildly unpopular moves, be it deciding to not ratify the SMART nuke treaty, or this..no longer respecting the MOH.

Its still just the fringe...but the absense of condemnation from the right is just as telling as if they openly supported the actions.

Soo much for country first.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
More about this gem:

Fischer is hardly one to slink away under hostile fire, as he told me after a post last month in which he said that the firefighters in South Fulton, Tennessee did "the Christian thing" by letting a family's house burn because they were delinquent on their $75 annual fire protection fee.

Ya...this guy is such a wonderful christian.

incidently...christians in the crowd...its guys like this that give you lot a bad name.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
"Above and beyond the call of duty" generally requires you to risk yourself for someone else or the mission. You don't get it for purely killing enemies, so this guy is, as everyone thus far has pointed out, a dumbass.

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Keep in mind though, before you answer the no brainer...Obama gave this guy the award..

Well then...

the award has the koodies

whatever the recipient did is cancelled

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yeah, let Bryan Fisher be caught out in enemy fire, what a jackwagon
edit on 11/22/2010 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Never been in no military so i could not care less, what this medal means or what have you. Why do you care?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MGriff
"Above and beyond the call of duty" generally requires you to risk yourself for someone else or the mission. You don't get it for purely killing enemies, so this guy is, as everyone thus far has pointed out, a dumbass.

Imagine if the MOH was given to people whom killed other people as the only caveat.

its sort of the militarys job to kill the enemy...you dont get the medal for simply doing your job as you pointed out...

I guess this idiot wants to give a MOH to everyone then and reduce the medal to "glad you showed up to work today" medals.

Sadly, I see this guy as the new rush limbaugh/howard stern hybrid..people will tune in to see what lunacy he is saying...I would say everyone boycott his radio station...but that won't happen.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I'm far from being a Right wing supporter, I never heard of Bryan Fischer and found his columns. Here is the column he wrote after the first one. He gives a different picture than in this thread.

www.renewamerica.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

typical liberal left wing reply
why dont you enlist and understand what that medal means, jackwagon

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Saturn its given for ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY, Sgt Giunta put his life on the line to save his fellow soldiers, his brothers in arms, and he probably did it without thinking about it, those soldiers were his brothers, his onlty thought was to save them, he wasnt thinking about getting a medal or anything. Our ever serve in combat, or the military?
If you did you MIGHT have a slight understanding what the medal is all about

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

What a small minded mealy mouthed maggot. SOmetimes I despair of democracy as every half wit has a chance to speak. The soldier is a hero and should be acknowledged as such. i still do not approveof the assinine war.
edit on 22-11-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

What I am saying is that I am observing a trend in which we single out bravery in self-defense and yet seem hesitant to single out bravery in launching aggressive attacks that result in the deaths of enemy soldiers.

He is upset that we aren't giving more awards out for people doing their job....killing people does not get you the MOH.

As previously posted, it is above and beyond the call of duty...

most of the MOHs awarded lately were for offensive movements, leroy jenkins type moves of people whipping granades while trying to save friends in a hellfire of bullets flying...and they were rewarded. The "hero" moments in this war though are not often considering its a high tech war. hard to say you deserve the MOH for pressing a button 20 miles away, or called in a airstrike on a position.

He decided to wait for obama to give someone a medal, then took the opportunity to belittle it...he can now try to twist and spin as much as he wants...but even his own listeners seen through him.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

If that isn't the writing of the stereotypical whackjob christian, I dont know what is.

Christians need their own country, so that everyone else can be free from their lunacy.

Call it Alabamastan.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Saturn its given for ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY, Sgt Giunta put his life on the line to save his fellow soldiers, his brothers in arms, and he probably did it without thinking about it, those soldiers were his brothers, his onlty thought was to save them, he wasnt thinking about getting a medal or anything. Our ever serve in combat, or the military?
If you did you MIGHT have a slight understanding what the medal is all about

You are now given the punishment of reading the thread and posts before replying.

I agree with you...and I do understand what its about..hense why I made the thread...

now...back to the top and start reading again.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

I agree the christian mentions are too much. However he did say that Mr. Giunta deserved the medal, and that he was not just for the medal being given to people who attack and kill. That was the geneisis for this thread. At least that's what I thought

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

What a small minded mealy mouthed maggot. SOmetimes I despair of democracy as every half wit has a chance to speak. The soldier is a hero and should be acknowledged as such. i still do not approveof the assinine war.
edit on 22-11-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

Oh hell...its people like him that unite the country and left/right now and then...words like his deserve a very loud speaker so we can remember why we dislike lunacy and how moderation and logic must overcome partisan and religious nonsense.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

you are completely incorrect Saturnm, most times the MOH is given to servicepersons that saved others.

Here's a good example, Navy SEAL Michael A. Monsoor THREW HIMSELF on a hand grenade, absorbing the blast WITH HIS BODY, saving his fellow SEALS

www.foxnews.com...

Navy SEAL Michael Murphy, while wounded radioed for help and pretty much sacrificed himself to save his SEAL team
www.navy.mil...

Army SFC Jared Monti pulled his fellow brothers out of harms way while being wounded himself
abcnews.go.com...

So Saturn do your research before opening your mouth

edit on 11/22/2010 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join