It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Meteorite Found with ET life forms?????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Duane P. Snyder will announce the discovery of the first and only known ICE METEORITE containing EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFE-FORMS on November 30, 2010 at 10:00am at the Ramada Inn Conference Center, 1555 Phoenix Road, South Haven, MI 49090. SOUTH HAVEN, Mich., Nov. 21, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Duane P. Snyder will announce the discovery of the first and only known ICE METEORITE containing EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFE-FORMS on November 30, 2010 at 10:00am at the Ramada Inn Conference Center, 1555 Phoenix Road, South Haven, MI 49090.

link; www.prnewswire.com...

Well is this making the main stream media out lets and television net work news stations??Possibly think it should IF true.Done a check on this Dr Albert Schnieders and found him listed on this site below;If legit then its ground braking in the sense that life out side the earth CAN exits. Thoughts anyone.

TextAVS Hudson Mohawk Chapter Science and Technology of Materials, Interfaces, and Processing

www2.avs.org...
reference to Albert Schnieders below from above found on the above site;

reference;
Tascon USA
100 Red Schoolhouse Road
Bldg. A-8
Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977
Phone: 845-352-1220
E-mail:[email protected]
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

I hope someone in the area can attend and post a review!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
bacteria bacteria
microscopic life forms

Why are you jumping the gun?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT

Duane P. Snyder will announce the discovery of the first and only known ICE METEORITE containing EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFE-FORMS on November 30, 2010 at 10:00am at the Ramada Inn Conference Center, 1555 Phoenix Road, South Haven, MI 49090. SOUTH HAVEN, Mich., Nov. 21, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Duane P. Snyder will announce the discovery of the first and only known ICE METEORITE containing EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFE-FORMS on November 30, 2010 at 10:00am at the Ramada Inn Conference Center, 1555 Phoenix Road, South Haven, MI 49090.

link; www.prnewswire.com...

Well is this making the main stream media out lets and television net work news stations??Possibly think it should IF true.Done a check on this Dr Albert Schnieders and found him listed on this site below;If legit then its ground braking in the sense that life out side the earth CAN exits. Thoughts anyone.

TextAVS Hudson Mohawk Chapter Science and Technology of Materials, Interfaces, and Processing

www2.avs.org...
reference to Albert Schnieders below from above found on the above site;

reference;
Tascon USA
100 Red Schoolhouse Road
Bldg. A-8
Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977
Phone: 845-352-1220
E-mail:[email protected]
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

Going by his website:

snydericyrite.com...

I am guessing this is nothing more than a conference/sales pitch to sell his bits of Ice and pictures etc.

If it was truly an ET life-form, it would be strange that it is announced in a hotel and not global news.

Snake Oil springs to mind......

edit on 22/11/10 by Morgil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Comment removed by poster...
edit on 22-11-2010 by mcfcbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
bacteria bacteria
microscopic life forms

Why are you jumping the gun?

Finding living bacteria, or even hard evidence of fossilized bacteria from space would be a monumental discovery, and possibly the greatest discovery in the history of science (surly in the history of biology).

That is not jumping the gun...

In fact, if such news didn't shake your head and amaze you...you are probably all hopped up on bad "alien TV shows" and "disinfo experts" promising you space ships and talking space-folk, instead of "reality".

Really...such a discovery would go down in history as HUGE...

Not that I believe the story...just saying IF it was true...it would be safe to freak out with joy and intense interest over this...it would be "jumping the gun" not to.

MM
edit on 22-11-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Looking at the guys web site I'd say snake oil salesmen too. The thing fell out of the sky next to his house? 8 bucks for a picture?

What ever became of meteorite ALH84001?
edit on 22-11-2010 by Cyberspy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I wonder how they think they proved that it wasn't contaminated with Earth life after entry into our atmosphere or after landing.
edit on 11/22/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Virus From Outer Space

Interview with Jayant Narlikar, astrophysicist-astronomer

"Fred Hoyle and N. Chandra Wickrama-singhe had proposed this hypothesis that inter-stellar spaces are full of panspermia. They felt that some of these bacteria and viruses could come to Earth by riding on comets. Sometimes cometary tails brush the Earth's atmo-sphere and these microorganisms could descend to the surface.

"They gave the example of the 1918 influenza epidemic that spread very fast across the globe. It was hard to understand that it was happening by person-to-person contamination because people could not travel that fast (then). People in Bombay and Boston got it within a day's gap. This can be understood easily if you think of a global shower on Earth.

"Now if some people say that we may have found bacteria gone up from Earth, they have to tell us how the bacteria could go to that height-41 km. A normal volcanic eruption, which is the most forceful way of ejecting anything, doesn't reach beyond 25 km. And even if it reaches that height, it settles down to the ground within a few weeks. Our samples were collected when there had been no volcanic eruptions for at least two years."

www.indien-netzwerk.de...

Dr. Narlikar in this interview also dismisses (in his estimation) contamination from satellites.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Microscopic lifeforms from space scare the ever livin S&$#@ outta me, to be brutally honest. This may or may not be within the context of Hawking's warning, but nonetheless...

Monumental discovery? Sure...I guess the Martian meteorite found in 1996 (ref'd above) doesn't count or has been disproven?

Potential monumental disaster for humanity? If these lil effers are in hibernation in the ice and/or can resurrect in our atmosphere...and are hearty enough to survive who knows how many years in space...oh boy.

Snake oil sounds good to me.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I'm pretty sure that bacteria and fossilized remains of bacteria in space was confirmed long ago.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Last I checked, the results were still "inconclusive", and it was difficult for the scientists to completely rule out terrestrial contamination.

The official NASA conclusion was:

one of the original features supporting our hypothesis for ALH84001 has either been discredited or has been positively ascribed to non-biologic explanations.

So, NASA has pretty much dismissed it officially, as it had to come to a conclusion...

While the debate is ongoing, there is more supporting evidence for a biological origin for the features found in the rock, and that terrestrial contamination is not to blame.

edit on 22-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by Mr Mask

I'm pretty sure that bacteria and fossilized remains of bacteria in space was confirmed long ago.

I'm 100% positive you are wrong on that.

Nothing was proven and the majority of the scientists who studied ALH84001 were undecided or unconvinced. I personally think it is very possible that there was fossilized bacteria on the rock...but nothing was ever confirmed or proven.

If it was...you would have already heard "life in space" is a "proven reality".

And it is not...hence my prior post here.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Last I checked, the results were still "inconclusive", and it was difficult for the scientists to completely rule out terrestrial contamination.

The official NASA conclusion was:

one of the original features supporting our hypothesis for ALH84001 has either been discredited or has been positively ascribed to non-biologic explanations.

So, NASA has pretty much dismissed it officially, as it had to come to a conclusion...

While the debate is ongoing, there is more supporting evidence for a biological origin for the features found in the rock, and that terrestrial contamination is not to blame.

edit on 22-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Taking your last sentance on board i think you are correct on the perception that more supporting evidence for a biological origin for the features found in the rock, and that terrestrial contamination is not to blame judging by the following below;

In November 2009, a team of scientists at Johnson Space Center, including David McKay, reasserted that there is "strong evidence that life may have existed on ancient Mars", after having reexamined the meteorite using more advanced analytical instruments now available, in light of the objections that had been made since the biogenic hypothesis for the biomorphs first had been put forward.[17][18] Overall, the team concluded that: None of the original features supporting our hypothesis for ALH84001 has either been discredited or has been positively ascribed to non-biologic explanations.[13] In addition, they argued that since the original paper was published, the biogenic hypothesis has been "further strengthened by the presence of abundant biomorphs in other Martian meteorites

link; en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The question suggests itself: Why would a legitimate scientist like Dr. Albert Schniders allow his name be connected to a hoax? His comments seem to be limited to the remark that a mixture of most chemical elements was found in sample particles. The mere presence of these elements is not evidence of life, extraterrestrial or otherwise. It looks as if the firm of which he is general manager, Tascon USA, was called upon to do a chemical analysis of particles from the alleged hydrometeor. He and they may well have been unaware of any extraordinary claims about extraterrestrial life. The '90u' reference seems to be to their size-- 90 microns. A micron equals a millionth of a meter. For perspective: The diameter of a human hair can range from ~ 40 to 120 microns. Ross

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

If it was truly an ET life-form, it would be strange that it is announced in a hotel and not global news.

I had the same question come to mind along with ..Why Nov. 30?? Why wait? Surely the "hotel" has meeting rooms available sooner than that?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ice meteorite ?

hmmm... maybe just a really big hailstone??

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
The question suggests itself: Why would a legitimate scientist like Dr. Albert Schniders allow his name be connected to a hoax?...

It doesn't need to be a hoax. If the meteorite is found to NOT have conclusive proof of life, then Dr. Schniders could simply have been wrong.

There have been many legitimate scientists who were simply "wrong" about things.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's not at all clear to me that Dr. Schniders found, or even claimed to have found evidence of life. He may have been involved in only an elemental analysis of the material. If he had found life, I'd like to think that this claim would have gone through a process of scientific confirmation and peer review. Perhaps something of the sort did occur, and we will hear of it on the 30th. There's been no hint of anything of the sort before now. I certainly hope that there will be *some* scientific basis for Mr. Snyder's claim. I had hesitated to contact Dr. Schniders about this story, but now think it best to do so, if only to check all the possibilities. Will report back here with the results. Ross

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Reading this made me think of the following clip. An ice meteor falling from the sky....makes me wonder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join