It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Cowboy's going to be plagued by a curse from bad karma?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I live in dallas tx and i love my cowboys... when the new stadium was announced the town was very excited... then we started to hear stories of people being removed from their homes to make way for the new stadium...

as much as I love the cowboys I never wished to have anybody removed from their homes.. i remember listening to the talk radio show and they actually hosted a show at an old ladies house.. she was old and feeble and had a ton of antiques, since she didn't have the time to sell her stuff off properly she had to have a garage sale..

i remember her story and she had been in the house 45 years or something like that.. i just remember thinking that it was wrong and we shouldn't displace people for the sake of the dollar..

any ways time passed and the issue of eminent domain came and went... it seems like all was forgotten.. now the cowboy's are 3-7.. we couldnt win at home all season untill it didn't matter any more... as soon as the season was lost we win our first home game...

I love sports and I believe in karma, so I just thought that jerry doesn't deserve to win another super bowl... these people had their whole lives tossed aside like trash while jerry could go about his life as normal... i've been to the stadium and it is amazing it almost makes you forget what jerry did.. so i wanted to start this thread to help us remember...

are the cowboy's doomed until our karma is cleared? does jerry deserve another super bowl? how long does bad karma last for?

here is a link to one of the many stories you can google... the texas supreme court won't even listen to the appeals.. it's just a messed up ordeal... so I was just wondering what other people thought or did other people even hear about the stadium and the eminent domain issue or was it strictly a local issue?

www.dallasnews.com

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Yeah, there's gonna be a curse allright...

VooDoo, coming Thursday. Your Turducken will be cajun fried this year....Revenge will be sweet!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62f4e5fc861f.jpg[/atsimg]

WHO DAT?!?!??!!???????

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

What a big heart you have,and they have a big lesson to be learned from being greedy and uncaring.
I don't think some people would get it no matter what is said to them it just doesn't 'fit' in there world they live in.Because of all the money they have they don't have a clue as to what the word 'NO' means. They get what they want whatever the cost whatever the damage to other people,and that is something I could never grasp,if what I had to do was at the expense of another I would not be able to do it no matter what.............if there's one lesson I have learned in these many years I've collected is what goes around comes around!............Karma?you bet!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

well now that it doesn't matter we won't even feel the breeze.. but speaking of karma... did the saints win because of karma from katrina? was the team chemistry and talent perfected because of the vibe of the city?

also when big ben won with jerome bettis and at the begining of the season the bus said that it would be nice to take the super bowl back home. i will look for the link later but i remember that the super bowl was in his home town and it all just seemed like fate that they won that season... like everybody in the league was in on it haha

www.nbcsports.com

here is an article of when they won the 06 super bowl
edit on 22-11-2010 by 11azerus11 because: added link

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

why can't jerry become broke from bad karma? haha even tho he's trying to win another super bowl before he dies.. but don't you get what you want if you sell your soul... maybe that's why he still makes so much money cause that was the original deal for his soul a few super bowls and a bunch of money... not one more.. i bet the super bowl will evade jerry till he dies... and if we're lucky the karma will pass with him...

i need the cowboys to come through you know...

i dont know what happend to those people but i hope everything turns out for the little guys some how some way...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
this thread might be early, but watch give it a few seasons and when rumors start flying around that we are cursed you will remember you read the title here on ats on this thread. haha

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I heard right. Someone was talking about the team owner, and what a great guy he is. As an example, he is worth a couple billion, and worries about money constantly.

I kept my mouth shut, rather than wind up on the street, but it sounds like a materialistic cork is fitted between his legs. If he is so worried about money, his personal stash or supply of it, then I'd guess that he doesn't have time, nor capacity, to consider the displaced person's feelings. He sounds like an absolute moron, just based on his concerns of not having enough money. Ya, I hope the cowboys lose, all the time, just based on that.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I am from Minnesota and the Vikings suck this year too.

I used to have a lot of respect for Tom Landrey and his teams but when Jerry fired him
I have hated the Cowboys ever since.

It's not about the players but the owner.

What he did to Tom Landrey stooped to an all time low in the NFL and
I was not aware of what he did to the people who owned property where they built the new stadium.

Shame on him.

That's my 2 cents,
JFY

new topics

top topics

join