It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People on unemployment are lazy!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
That is why unemployment has to end!

Unemployed people don't want to work and instead like to steel from you so they can be lazy.

There is clearly no other reason for people to be unemployed or not working. The best way

to fix unemployment is to end unemployment so people get back to employment, which will end unemployment!
edit on 21-11-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Is this some sort of sarcastic post or is it an attempt to anger people and goad them into bickering over something? I am not sure that I understand but as someone who is currently collecting unemployment, I am intrigued.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassandra5Finish

Is this some sort of sarcastic post or is it an attempt to anger people and goad them into bickering over something? I am not sure that I understand but as someone who is currently collecting unemployment, I am intrigued.

The point is if you weren't on unemployment you would have a job.

Therefore the way to fix the economy is for you to have a job!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Sir are you mocking the ankle deep circular logic that is consistently leveled against unemployed people
here on ATS?

I am shocked and offended,,,

You act as if this glaringly obvious tactic is hidden in plain sight and then ignored by those wielding this exact same rhetorical argument!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Where exactly are you trying to go from this? The point is, if many of us that are on unemployment, didn't have unemployment [which were paid by out dedication to the workforces] then we would be out of a job, plus no money. Are you that ignorant? Obviously the way to fix unemployment is to have a job, but when you live in small towns that have lost there job market, then you may find it difficult. Many that have been laid off are elderly and find it hard to go back to college due to there age. Many that are receiving unemployment are still losing there homes even though they are looking for jobs every single day of the week! You can't just sit and say that people receiving unemployment are lazy! Where is your polls saying this? Where is your scientific analysis saying this? Where are you getting your information from? Why makes you come to the conclusion that the aprox. 12 million people unemployed [I don't know the exact amount, so this is probably wrong, but in a close estimate I assume] today, because there jobs have went overseas or closed down, are lazy?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Unemployment compensation is a good thing for the honest people out there. It is tough to find work and many skilled people are out of work because they can not find work. Also unemployment is a big pay cut for most.

The problem is most people are not honest and will do anything they can to receive free money as long as they can. Many people are collecting unemployment and doing side work that is not reported, I guarantee that calls for unemployment claims spike around lunch time because of this. Also there are many people who get fired intentionally so they can collect unemployment.

In the end honest people are not getting the benefits they deserve because they are too honest to lie to get ahead, while dishonest people are taking the unemployment system for every penny they can get.

I really don't know what the solution to this is because it is very difficult to prove unemployment fraud.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

And people who don't think before they write a thread like this are ignorant.

Don't tell me....you just arrived from Ursa Major.

btw...there are just as many people who work who are really lazy.
edit on 21/11/2010 by nerbot because: added stuff

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Sarcasm is “a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt.” [1] Though irony is usually the immediate context[2] most authorities sharply distinguish sarcasm from irony,[3] however others argue that sarcasm may or often does involve irony[4] or employs ambivalence.[5] source
en.wikipedia.org...

Ironic isn't it ?
edit on 21-11-2010 by deepred because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Considering that the government through freetrade nafta gatt and other wonderfull ideas created a situation where they gave tax breaks to corporation to move the manufacturing to the third world...
Im thinkin' the OP is uninformed....unless he ment "government emplyees" when he said "unemployed", then maybe he would be a little closer to the truth
just sayin

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Sir are you mocking the ankle deep circular logic that is consistently leveled against unemployed people
here on ATS?

I am shocked and offended,,,

You act as if this glaringly obvious tactic is hidden in plain sight and then ignored by those wielding this exact same rhetorical argument!

I am quoting all of the above in full because it seems to me you forgot to switch puppets before replying to yourself. If you meant to reply to yourself in such a fashion I salute your high narcissism.

Whatever it is that you think you are doing in this here thread seems immersed in confused and scattered thoughts.

And by the way, I am not on unemployment and my laziness is legendary.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I believe I paid into my unemployment benefits to be able to use them in times of unemployment.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

You seriously have some issues. If you think everyone receiving unemployment is engaging in laziness, then you are badly mistaken. I realize now that this post is just a childish creation for the OP to consume publicity and feel he is better than the ones that are unemployed because he has a job. Now understand this if you truly believe in what you are saying. Most of the unemployment being drawn are from factory workers. The average pay rate being 15-17 dollars an hour, although this still isn't much, it puts food on the table and pays the house payment. With this job being lost, they are only receiving 1/2-3/4 of there normal pay without the added overtime they received from their past job. This is a huge hit when it comes to bill date. The can not take on any job where they will make minimum wage or anything less then what there unemployment is paying them at the moment because these people may lose there homes, they may have children who have their own needs, the may have parents inside the hospital with cancer that they are currently helping to pay for. You don't and cannot say what is going through their minds, you are not a god, and no where even remotely better than anyone else in this entire world. You are an insignificant little lunatic that has no rights to acclaim these things.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

And by the way, I am not on unemployment and my laziness is legendary.

This does not negate the fact that unemployment should be explained primarily as a status cause
by a persons willingness to receive money for doing nothing or doing nothing in general.
In rhetorical combat there is no other conclusion valid enough to consider because it would require
speculation beyond the knowledge of the contestants in the rhetorical battle. Thru plenty of experience and
observation this litmus test from truth and reality is applied to anything if a party understands this
debate formula. No doubt a person who attempts to satirize and expose this perpetual mockery
is both narcissistic and unable to spell. BTW, I will never ask you to ignore the man wearing nylons and
snake skin cowboy boots simultaneously. I will be policed for my outburst and chastised for my approach,
the rest can go on my debit card or EQUIFAX report.

JUSTICE SHALL BE SERVED!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
WERE is you my friends???

I am friendless in my time of need?

My brothers who constantly level the same argument and make the same assertions are no where to be found.

LONELINESS

WHYYYYYY???

Damn you Glaring light of bad satire, smiter of stupidity!!!

link   

link   
Unemployment benefits shouldn't get cut off, they should just become super duper strict on who gets the benefits and who doesn't.

Appoint a social worker to a group of jobseekers on benefits, go with them every day and make them hand out 10 resumes a day each. If they fail to do so, cut off their payments.

All they need to do is get a hell of a lot stricter to weed out the scum who refuse to work, and those who genuinely are looking and want to work.

Normally, you can tell a dole bludger just by looking at them. Wispy ratty hair, usually under a baseball cap, slight sickly body odor mixed with cigarette smell. May have an equally as feral girlfriend with crappy clothes and a bad hair dye, now well out grown and the color gone a rust orange. Probably pushing a pram and may have a new bun in the oven already (more baby bonus).

These people need to be weeded out and left to die.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I think the reckless unemployed people who keep popping out kids should be put down humanely for the sake of tax payers and the kids taken into custody, preferably adopted, but even a foster home would be better.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Actually technically if you really want to get precise.

People working for huge corporations for a substandard non living wage are just stupid!

Now if the only job you can get is by selling your soul to some company that makes you tell people "It's our policy" where you are frequently unable to answer anyone's question because "It's our policy" and they don't even pay you enough to live in a mansion in Beverly Hills for frustrating the rest of us with "It's our policy" just do us all a favor and quit.

Apply for unemployment and don't take another job until someone is willing to pay you decently, and treat you decently, and isn't making millions and billions in profits because they do neither.

Working for corporate scum is just plain wrong.

This message was brought to you by the end free range slavery in America Society.

Just say no to work!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join