It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luckiest (And Unluckiest) Moments Caught On Tape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Thought these videos were awesome... and really funny too

First, the lucky ones!!

Now... the Not-so-lucky!!

Enjoy!!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

This is so rediculous. i laughed my ass off.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The lucky ones were awesome. I particularly liked the robbers one when the cops turned up - very funny!!

S & F for the diversion

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Haha I liked the first one, the second one was less funny, but still good

And before anyone asks, the pizza guy being smooshed by a car is cgi from the movie, Meet Joe Black

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Yeah the second video is more of those OH S**t THAT HURT kind of moments!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
1:28 on the "Unlucky List".
The guy diving off of the tower Bungee-style, and doing a face plant in the mud isn't really an unlucky account. He's a part of a tribe, (I can't, for the life of me, remember the name of the tribe, but I believe they originate on some pacific island), and their test of manhood is to climb to the top of these massive and rickety towers with a rope tied to one leg and dive off. If your face hits the mud you pass. If you miss, you do not. And if you die.... well, in that case you absolutely fail. Seeing how he managed to achieve his face plant, I'd say that was probably one of the happier days in that guy's life.

I remember watching a show about those people on Nat Geo a few years ago.

Crazy people.

S&F for the levity though

Here's a link to a clip of the real ritual...
Bungee Jumping Tribe

edit on 21-11-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
1:28 on the "Unlucky List".
The guy diving off of the tower Bungee-style, and doing a face plant in the mud isn't really an unlucky account. He's a part of a tribe, (I can't, for the life of me, remember the name of the tribe, but I believe they originate on some pacific island), and their test of manhood is to climb to the top of these massive and rickety towers with a rope tied to one leg and dive off. If your face hits the mud you pass. If you miss, you do not. And if you die.... well, in that case you absolutely fail. Seeing how he managed to achieve his face plant, I'd say that was probably one of the happier days in that guy's life.

I remember watching a show about those people on Nat Geo a few years ago.

Crazy people.

S&F for the levity though

Here's a link to a clip of the real ritual...
Bungee Jumping Tribe

:

Thanks for the info on that.... that actually made it even funnier!! If you smash your face in the mud your a man..congratulations!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

Seriously. Its like; "... now take your chronic neck pain, and live out the rest of your days knowing you're the $h!t, you stupid bastard!"
Some of those ancient rituals are insanely nuts. You have to wonder if they cooked them up as a way of population control, seeing how they have to survive with limited means on a small island.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Haha I liked the first one, the second one was less funny, but still good

And before anyone asks, the pizza guy being smooshed by a car is cgi from the movie, Meet Joe Black

Nope. This is the scene from 'Meet Joe Black'.
Meet Joe Black

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

I can see the elders of the village standing over the guy who just broke his neck shaking their heads saying, "wow what a pansy!! Just couldn't take that 30 ft fall onto his face"

The population control may not be far off.... they may have only wanted the ones that were strong enough to contribute to the betterment of the tribe as a whole. Of course i really have no idea... just glad i didn't have to fall 2 or 3 stories and land on my face.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Oh fiddle sticks you are right.

Saw this one a bazillion times on ogrish back in the day, put out as as real, at one point the consensus was it was meet joe black, but you are right.

Blimey, Im stirring braincells from the late 90's now... this cant be good.. it was anyway, still a made conjure

Of that, I am 99.999% sure that I'm 50% correct. 25% of the time anyway... in the 12% I actually try to remember. 6% of which is usually after beer so... 5% which is alcohol, leaving 3.5% a total of uhh ...

new topics

top topics

join