It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People will ask for the RFID chip and pay to get it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ok, it's not a "Prediction" as in "I had a scary dream." or "I've been studying an obscure Sumerian text" but it is a prediction about the future of air travel.

I've been mulling over this scan/grope thing with the airlines and wondering "Why are they doing it like this?"

It's not efficient, it's not effective and it's not really legal but they are treating citizens like criminals. Meanwhile they are finding ways to exempt the ones who caused this mess in the first place.

I came up with the idea that this is a part of the "process" that is being used to lead us around and entice us to give up our rights.

It seems obvious that this whole mess isn't about keeping us safe or safer. The terrorists in regards to planes thus far are all muslim and the powers that be seem intent on allowing at least half of them to walk past security unscanned and without the alternative groping. The funny thing is that in Middle Eastern countries women still get the same treatment as men but in a separate and covered booth. Why would they suddenly be so offended in the states if they get a pat down in Jordan, Iraq, Saudi, etc...

So, the powers that be are obviously doing this for a reason but not the one you would think.

Why?

They have already provided alternate ways to check in through security and even through passport control in the US. They have pay services that allow a pre screened and checked individual to bypass lines. These are targeted at business men and the wealthier folks that can afford it but they are there.

I think the next thing we will see is a commercial push to get everyday people into these programs and then move these members to an RFID type system for "security and convenience". These will be the pilot programs that get the governments foot in the door for widespread RFID implimentation on all forms of travel.

Soon, you will see a single security checkpoint scanning and patting down everyone without RFID and making folks wait in line for hours while right next to it will be a nice easy walk through checkpoint. It will likely have a smiling pretty lady who greets the chipped members as they breeze by on the other side of a glass wall behind wich will be hundreds of people waiting for a scan or grope.

Only the really cool folks will get RFID. It will be a status symbol. It will mean you are special and the rest of the unwashed unchipped heathen will get to stand there and watch you breeze by while they are bent over an exam table getting an "enhanced" cavity search.

Soon it will happen. People will spend the cash to be cool and get convenience.
"It's my choice." they will say, "I'm doing this myself. Nobody "made" me take a chip. I did it of free will because I know better than those paranoid provincials."

Trend setters will be movie stars, music stars athletes and wealthy people (who would normally be on private jets) and the cattle will follow.

Soon, the government will have most of the traveling population chipped and the rest will be labelled as a risk and a threat to the mindful and intelligent chip people. (Chipples ?)

The government won't need to force us to take a chip. It will come through marketing and brand recognition that provides a much needed "service" for the knowledgable air traveller.

Then for trains, then busses, then maybe even taxis.

It won't take long.

In a single generation most Americans will take the chip. And they will pay for the priveledge.

This might be a prediction that actually comes true.
edit on 21-11-2010 by badgerprints because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
sure they will...thats the problem..

most of them allready got something similar all day in ther pocket....

and love to be tracked in any way....happy iphone

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well put.
As I've said before, 'Stick a half-eaten apple on it and people will be queuing up all night to get one'.
Sometimes I despair at the gullibility of some of us.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The thing that really scares me is that this will be handled by marketing. The American people are (contrary to some opinion) good and honest people that want the same out of life that everyone else does. Their main shortcoming and failure is that they too easily succumb to marketing.

The US marketing system is the most effective brainwashing and manipulation tool in the world. It just works too damn well and when the US government commercializes the security systems in airports (which I believe will be the direct result of the present shenannigans) the marketing system will have otherwise intelligent people Jonesing for an RFID like a twelve year old for the newest video game controller.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I was auctually thinking the EXACT same thing this morning. People will line up waiting and willing to be chiped. Saw this on another post. The technology is already here, its only a matter of time before its introduced.

here is the thread i was refering to www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is true.
The technology is there.
They can even tattoo a passive chip onto your skin using an ink made from detectable metals. It would be more than enough for identification but isn't changeable.

I remember the first time I saw an identity tattoo on someone. I was about six. This old man in a store had a number tattooed on his arm. I didn't understand what it was at the time.

Of course, they now have 16 and 32 gig chips for phones that are smaller than a fingernail. An rfid chip smaller than a grain of rice is no big deal at all. They could mass produce those quite easily.

With the advances in nanotechnology I'm sure an injectable sliver of silicon with internal circuits is already out there.

Of course, there is no need for a really tiny RFID if it is marketed right. They could be larger and planted just under the skin as a visible status symbol.

I think that will be a reality.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I agree this is one prediction that might come to pass. It's only a matter of time before Jay-Z, Beyonce, Lebrone James, Steven Spielberg, Bill Gates, Al Gore etc. appear in adverts glamorising RFID chips and how they make life much easier and more convenient, as well as making travelling quicker and "safer".

Once you get those types of names behind this cause, it will be tough for younger more impressionable people to resist the urge to get chipped...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

And to add to your statement, next comes the chip to buy food, lodging, clothing, etc.
Those who oppose will be fined, jailed, and then guess what happens???>>>...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is a very popular subject here.
I have posted quite a bit about this very subject.
With technology rapidy expanding, what's next?
Convenience!
Anything that make life faster and smoother.

Everyone's posts here make valid points and thoughts.

I especially like the one on marketing.
Make something appealing enough, people will buy it.

Then they could make it to where you cant purchase anything without it.
For security reasons, of course.

Seems the next logical step.

In a world filled with corruption and power struggles.
They need more control.

*S&F*

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
i was watching a clip about the RFID tagging and its slow implementation into society. Quote " The most incredible aspect of all. These totalitarian elements will not be forced upon the people. The people will demand them. From the social manipulation of society through the generation of fear and division has completely detached humans from there senses of power and reality"......We must stop this before its too late!

As captain Sean-Luc Picard once said " We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats. Not Again!!. The line must be drawn HERE, this far NO FURTHER!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
My apologies in advance if this seems somewhat off-topic-----

I agree with the OP completely. I think this will certainly happen, and in much the way pictured. What I can't get my head around is...what is the end goal? Once they have total control, what then? When they control what we eat, read, watch, where we go, etc etc ad infinitum...what then?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by riiver
My apologies in advance if this seems somewhat off-topic-----

I agree with the OP completely. I think this will certainly happen, and in much the way pictured. What I can't get my head around is...what is the end goal? Once they have total control, what then? When they control what we eat, read, watch, where we go, etc etc ad infinitum...what then?

I believe the end goal is this. The one at the top of the TPTB, wants it to be inconvenient, uncool, "dangerous", or seemingly impossible, to live the life and have the standards that the "other power" has in mind for us. Any change in society that accomplishes this, will be viewed as a success for the agenda at hand.

I also agree that the idea in the OP is very possible and will probably happen very soon. Make it in style and the sheep will stampede.

top topics

join