It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Stealth Helicopter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Does anyone have info on the Russian Stealth Helicopter?

All I know about it is it can be the new Ka-58.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
russian.. i thought you would know by now that it was just a toy produced by some italian toys company

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by feindflug
russian.. i thought you would know by now that it was just a toy produced by some italian toys company

I was just looking at alot of stuff about it and I found to much confussing and missing leading info.

So I asked ATS!!!

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
invisible
heres a link!

[edit on 30-6-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
that site just doesn't offer any info if its experimental if it is being built if it can actually do or have those things listed so russian you had a right to be confused.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Whats this thing supose to be a stealth version of the KA-50 black shark or something? Are there any pics or concept skecths or anything? The black shark is pretty nice and I thought new why would they replace it already?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
web search makes it looks like it's just a model. the kamov company don't mention it on their site, neither does fas.org. one site on kamov history by a fan of the company mentions it as being just a model kit, with no real-life version.

that said, i remember buying a model stealth fighter about 5 years before the official news of the stealth fighter was released, so these model companies get some surprisingly good intel!

-koji K.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by koji_K]

[edit on 30-6-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
ha ha the worlds intel services have been out done by a model company!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It's also in a game...

www.fair-strike.com...

I had that Stealth Fighter model too! Testors sold it as an F-19 and it's wings were really rounded off. Looked nothing like the F-117.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
ha ha the worlds intel services have been out done by a model company!!!

It happens alot. The Testors and other model companies have some serious well placed sources. Occasionally they are wrong like with the F-19 Frisbee etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
wow! that's the same stealth fighter model i had... i thought there were several of them, but that's the exact one! (i painted mine grey though). they were selling them at least 5 years before even rumours of the stealth fighter started appearing in the media.

-koji K.

[edit on 1-7-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I had heard that the US was trying to make stealth commanches but it was going a long time without success so it got cut recently. Looks like Russia has succeded were the US has failed. BTW anybody know if this is going to have one of those d@am double rotor blade systems.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K

they were selling them at least 5 years before even rumours of the stealth fighter started appearing in the media.

In Ben Rich's autobigraphy he talks about having to go to congress and explain how the details "leaked" to the model company. Even though it looked nothing like F-19. Also people forget that the Have Blue program did not start out as a black one so some of the details were already floating out there

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I had heard that the US was trying to make stealth commanches but it was going a long time without success so it got cut recently.

From what is avalible in open literature, the Stealth of the Commanche was not the reason it was killed. The experinences of the Army in SOmlia and DSII plus weight can huge cost overuns were the final nails in the coffin

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Yes it is a tragedy the comache got canceled it would have been a great helicopter well we will come out with something better in the future but for now we are good

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
One of the greatest strenghts of an attack helicopter it can hit and run quickly and hits hard. Stealth would have helped its element of surprise. But i'll bet its hard to keep a rotor blade quiet.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   

One of the greatest strenghts of an attack helicopter it can hit and run quickly and hits hard. Stealth would have helped its element of surprise. But i'll bet its hard to keep a rotor blade quiet.

I don't know. For medical transport we use a BK117 with a four blade rotor. For a chopter its fairly quiet. The nightstalker that the Airforce uses, is supposed to be really quiet. Most of the noise a helichopter generates comes from the interaction between the Main and Tail rotor. If you can mitagate that you can quiet it down some.

The COmmanche was a marvel of technology, but like the crusader gun system, did it have a mission? and was it to vulnerable to somebody on the ground with an RPG?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I believe the whole point of the commanche was to be an attack/recon helicopter. Recon I don't know about thanks to satellite. But yes it was vulnerable to a guy with an RPG. And thing that flys low especially something that hovers is vulnerable to one.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The comanche had speacially designed rotor blades that help make them surprizingly quiet for a helicopter. They worked on the same basic principle that makes a owls wings not make a flapping noise when they fly. They also had a quiet mode were the could lower the rpms of they rotors but still keep them flying which help make them quiet. The prototype UAV helicopter the US has the Hummingbird uses alot of these same principles and is very quiet compared to modern helicopters

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
they should have tried the comanche stuff on the lynx, speed and stealth combined

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join