It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is winning the War On Terror?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Osama Bin Laden stated Al-Qaeda's goal soon after the 9/11 attacks: to destroy the American financial system.

Since that day, the US has been invested in two wars in the middle east, their total cost in the trillions and counting. We've also experienced the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Don't forget he also got everyone groping each other before flying.

Who's winning the War on Terror again?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

The people who are making and selling the weapons are the only winners in war.

Rev

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by EFGuy

Who's winning the War on Terror again?

The terrorists are winning. Then again they started it so it only makes sense that they'd be winning it. They are called the US Government. I hear this Al Quida or however it's supposedly spelled crap. It is far more accurately spelled Al CIAda. The emphasis being on CIA since they are the ones responsible for most of the drug and sex trafficking taking place in the US.

Then they pass off the patsies to their pals in the Prison Industrial Complex to keep the game going.

Oh yeah, the US is the most free nation in the world. It just so happens to also have the highest inmate population but that's just part of freedom.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Who's winning the "war on terror"? The same people winning the "war on drugs". The same people winning the "war on global-warming". ....care to add to the list?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The 'War on Terror' has to be the dumbest label in the history of the world. It is utterly meaningless. There is no war on terror.

There is a lot of conflict for varying reasons. There are strategic goals and actors (state and non state) in opposition to those goals.

The war on terror was invented by a dumb-ass to allow him to escape explaining a complicated world to other dumb-asses. Can we agree to stop perpetuating the folly?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Well the terrorists arent winning thats for sure. For every 1 soldier of ours they kill, we kill 37 terrorists. Just look at the casualty figures, I will try and find them to post here.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
What is winning? What terms dictate when we have 'won'. Body count on its own is an entirely meaningless metric.

For a discussion of winning and losing to have any merit you need to be specific about what conflict you are referring to and what the goals of the opposing sides are. There is no organisation called 'generic terrorist threat plc'.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
well terrorism is basically gorilla tactics which i s basically just fighting. So if we are fighting the vary nature of fighting by shooting at it we will certainly loose. the thing is that we aren't trying to destroy war, instead we are achieving our true goal of perpetual war. You see after the cold war so many people were relying on military jobs, we had the best military, and we knew that there would be big consequences for those nice gun/tank/bomb/ect. companies if the war were to end, therefore we looked for another... and another... and ended up settling for our current war, therefore we are winning because we are motivating more people to want to kill us

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

Nobody is winning the war on terrorism because there is no such thing on the war on terrorism. I would explain myself but right now am eating a really nice cake.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

well I can tell you who's not winning!The American people!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Me! Thats who. All 3 kids in their rooms being nice and quiet.

oooooooooohhh wait.. you said terror not terrors...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
the military industrial complex.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
Well the terrorists arent winning thats for sure. For every 1 soldier of ours they kill, we kill 37 terrorists. Just look at the casualty figures, I will try and find them to post here.

Remind me what a "terrorist"is again? Oh yeah some dark skinned guy named " farouk" who's mad because foreign troops took his brother away with a bag over his head kicked his mom and sister and setup check points allover his country.Sorry guys I'm a ret vet and I think you all need to get the heck back home outta' farouks range.Don't even try to tell me Farouk hates us because of our freedom!! ( that was the end of my bush'bot confidence in our leader) I usedto advocate joining the military to anybody ,no longer.

37:1? what do we spendinlives ; equipment; munitions; and training vs the "terrorists"? 37,000,000:1???"Terrorism" is a DESPERATION TACTIC of poor peoples. A pretty tough one to counter.The Soviets were so brutal they rolled their tanks treads over the heads of villagers to flush out insurgents in Afghanistan, they still got their butts handed to them( we did help alot)...

Dirty goat herders have successfully changed the way the world thinks and lives.It won't end until the mulims getoverthe "religion of peace stuff" and police these extremist from within their own community..

You wanta" "win"? come home in one piece.That's as good as it gets. who 's gonna come forward on their side and surrender their sword or sign a peace accord that a few billion pissed off muslims will recognize???

added: Alright I know what "sedition" is and the last thing you guys need to hear is disheartening questioning stuff when the chain of command is dedicated to the mission and you're gearing up to go into that village in an hour. Perhaps I'm completely full of crap, we don't get alot of the big picture reported here at home.and whatever news is on the tube nobody believes anymore anyway..

Tell me do we need to be there other than to fix what we destroyed( iraq).?

edit on 20-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2010 by 46ACE because: structure

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The so called "terrorists" won the second we changed our way of life.

2nd Line!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

The terrorists are loosing, yes I'm point my finger at you, the head of states who went occupied and bombed and destabilized and mis-managed and obliterated and cause immense terror and killed innocent women and children.

You make me sick!!

Edit to add torture in the list..
edit on 20-11-2010 by oozyism because:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The people winning the war on terror are the ones who intitiated it. I say this because the stated obective is a mere mask for the true intentions of the authors of the war on terror. The war on terror was in fact a war on the free people of the world. A war to strip the average human being of any vestige of dignity, any imagined vestige of freedom, a war to profit those in postions who could profit from it (Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bush, et al).

They are winning this war and we are letting them win! True terrorists are a far less menacing threat than those that instigated this war. The same as the war on drugs. The war on drugs does nothing more than afford employment opportunities to hundreds of thousands and profit for the de facto law courts we now have in place and those who profit from private prisons.

The war will never be truly won until we are chipped and on our knees. Do we have any soldiers amongst our ranks willing to fight the true enemy in the war on terror?

Corporal Sceptical me steps forward, proudly and defiantly.
edit on 20-11-2010 by sceptical me because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2010 by sceptical me because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

What are you trying to say?

I dont really understand your point

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

As a side note, Pryde, who has been killed by terrorists? Is it those innocent women and children in Iraq and Afghanistan? By those who are serving their country? Those following orders? What evidence do you have for Muslim terrorists killing Westerners beyond what your government has told you?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sceptical me
The people winning the war on terror are the ones who intitiated it. I say this because the stated obective is a mere mask for the true intentions of the authors of the war on terror. The war on terror was in fact a war on the free people of the world. A war to strip the average human being of any vestige of dignity, any imagined vestige of freedom, a war to profit those in postions who could profit from it (Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bush, et al).

They are winning this war and we are letting them win! True terrorists are a far less menacing threat than those that instigated this war. The same as the war on drugs. The war on drugs does nothing more than afford employment opportunities to hundreds of thousands and profit for the de facto law courts we now have in place and those who profit from private prisons.

The war will never be truly won until we are chipped and on our knees. Do we have any soldiers amongst our ranks willing to fight the true enemy in the war on terror?

Is there anyone else out there who is sick to the stomach of all this # and willing to stand on their feet and fight? An old expression that still rings true for me: It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees. I live and breathe that philosophy whilst advocating non violence... for the moment!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Is there anyone else out there who is sick to the stomach of all this # and willing to stand on their feet and fight? An old expression that still rings true for me: It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees. I live and breathe that philosophy whilst advocating non violence... for the moment!

Shucks, I don't remember typing #, I thought I said #! Is this site so conservative that even a common expletive deleted such as that can be seen as offensive? Boy, am in the wrong place. Escuse me while I go back to my kindergarten pals as say all the bad words, just for the #s and giggles!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join