It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just need to vent a bit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I normally try not to complain outright about petty stuff, but this is gnawing at me.
WHY do you new people feel the burning need to post up your stories and theories and....well you know, in your opening introduction thread? The only purpose for the intro is so we can meet you, not read about your latest youtube find or why your cat mocks you. Circumventing the policies is just a pain in the butt and not needed. Post your 20 posts in existing threads so we can get to know you first, pay some dues, then hit us with your big story.

Like I said, I hate venting this, but for whatever reason this peeve has been bothering me.
This afternoon I counted 10 of these threads. Personally I make it a point to not read them now.
I bet there are other members who feel the same way about other peeves, but this one is mine.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

I'll acknowledge your vent. You came to the right place.. but you already knew that.

I never had an intro thread, so I never thought about that situation.. but you are right, they should just post 20 times already.

Enjoy

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

Keeping it short and sweet

Agreed.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
WHY do you new people feel the burning need to post up your stories and theories and....well you know, in your opening introduction thread?

I guess they consider it a part of their introduction? Everybody can say, "Hi, hello," but maybe some people feel they should introduce themselves by stating where they are coming from or where they stand on various issues...

...or they're just impatient. :p

But I'd like to believe that it's the former.

I never posted a thread in the "Introduction" forum, but I can see why one might do that. Doesn't bother me, either way. All's good.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Some of those intros are the most entertaining of threads.

Some probably just want you to know them a bit better and where they are coming from. Some practically write a book and make wild claims. Love those!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Best thread to date was the two straight guys who share a bed in a trailer.
Man, did I bust a gut on that one. I don't think it was an intro thread, but it was FUNNY to say the least.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
...so what if folks add a little something extra to their intro thread?... i doubt many read those anyways, which is one reason why i didnt make an intro thread, lol... the other reason was - aint no rule that says i gotta...

...but - whatever - if it bugs ya, shout!...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Nah man I think you misunderstood me. I meant those that do not introduce themselves, they just jump in and say ZOMG look at my post!!1

Venting made feel better so like you say I shout.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Nah man I think you misunderstood me.

...psst, you talkin to me?... i say, you talkin to ME?...

...i aint no man, man... hence my confusion...

...wait a minute, that might not come off right...

...o'well, nevermind...

I meant those that do not introduce themselves,

...oh - ya mean people like me?... oooops!...

they just jump in and say ZOMG look at my post!!

...i have NEVER EVER said zomg, not even sure how to pronouce that...

Venting made feel better so like you say I shout.

...thats cool... shout all ya want cuz i cant hear ya anyways (and its not because i'm old)...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Wyn You are too funny. thx

top topics

join