It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think tank: 92% of Afghans never heard of 9/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
911blogger.com...

Title says it all, wow, hearts and minds and all that. No wonder the US wants to set up propaganda radio stations, and if you wonder, even the BBC is a propaganda site.

"Fewer than one in 10 Afghans are aware of the 9/11 attacks and their precipitation of the war in Afghanistan, says a study from an international think tank.

A report (PDF) from the International Council on Security and Development (ICOS) shows that 92 percent of those surveyed had never heard of the coordinated multiple attacks on US soil on September 11, 2001. It also shows that four in 10 Afghans believe the US is on their soil in order to "destroy Islam or occupy Afghanistan."

To be sure, the survey can't claim to be definitive: It only canvassed men, and relied primarily on respondents from Helmand and Kandahar, the tw..."

I would have expected 92% thought it happened and was an inside job but to not hear of it, wow, maybe women are more intelligent

Peace

Edit to add www.rawstory.com...
edit on 19-11-2010 by yyyyyyyyyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yyyyyyyyyy

Why should they know?,..........have you guys seen this?

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well the us was there before 911.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't buy it, sorry. From my own experiences, most Afghanis know that America was attacked, though they may not know all of the details. I would also have to say that most Afghanis probably condemn or at least, do not condone the attacks. Fair enough considering that they have their own problems.

Also, to get accurate statistics on the Afghani people is wishful thinking at best. It's not exactly like you can just poll a pool of the population over the telephone.

--airspoon
edit on 19-11-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I read in another thread you would have been in a position to know so I would tend to believe you, it could be very likely that the guys who responded did not want to tell researchers the truth, surveys have to be taken with a huge grain of salt and in my research into human behaviour (I read some books) its obvious that people use their conscious brains to justify their actions, maybe the people who were asked have blocked it out because they could not as easily justify their actions, still its what the study says although I've not looked into it in detail, maybe it's peer pressure, maybe the researchers did not have the vocabulary to get the right answers.

Peace

PS, Time really does change peoples' memories, it's like the quote from Milton Erickson, it's never too late to have a happy childhood, he hypnotized a patient who was deeply unhappy and planted false memories in their ( can't remember the gender) head and their crippling behaviour problems were resolved in a matter of hours.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The only reason I can think of, assuming this is for real, is that the Taliban had an intense grip on the media, and thereby the information that got to the people. I remember reading about how Taliban folks forced the Afghans to throw their TV sets/destroy them, etc because they thought that the TV was corrupting the masses and stuff...

Edit:

"Fewer than one in 10 Afghans are aware of the 9/11 attacks and..."

Ah, never read in haste, Arrius. So, this is a recent study...and it means people are still not aware of this? I was assuming that they didn't know of 9/11 until they were attacked or something...shocking then...
edit on 19-11-2010 by Arrius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The Afghanis don't know about 911 because they had nothing to do with it
It was an inside job.
As the head of the US war colledge said.
Just like most of the people here know pretty much nothing about what goes on in Afghanistan.
or in the whitehouse either for that matter.

but I guess thats the Taliban's fault.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
As the head of the US war colledge said.
Just like most of the people here know pretty much nothing about what goes on in Afghanistan.
or in the whitehouse either for that matter.

The guy who claims the status of The head of the US war college was found to be bogus. But that doent matter right? Facts are optional as long as the US get's slammed.

who the heck is Alan Sabrosky?

He was a mid-level civilian manager at a military college, without access to the sort of highly classified material of the sort he now fraudulently claims to have. Moreover, since his employment at that school was about 25 years ago, his employment there would provide him with no special insights with respect to 9/11. How on earth could someone who worked on the level of a college librarian in the 1980s be privy to top secret information revealing a vast hidden conspiracy? And how on earth could he be the only person to know about it or think it worth revealing?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ok,, u say Afganistan i immedietly think Rambo,, i now propaganda at its best,, but u have to be on their side when those russian gun ships come around,,
But now they have to face those russian gunships and apache helicopters and m1 abrams,, just who the hell are these people,, ??

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Typical nonsense, first line of defense:character assassination, it never fails, time after time again.

While most of you hide who you are, and parrot equally questionable 9/11 conspiracy theories.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PersonalChoice
reply to post by SLAYER69

Typical nonsense, first line of defense:character assassination, it never fails, time after time again.

While most of you hide who you are, and parrot equally questionable 9/11 conspiracy theories.

Posting the facts about Sabroskys employment is now equal to character assassination?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I dont know if i'd take those statistics at face value because as airspoon mentioned above, polling afghans in a properly representative fashion is not an easy task.

However, why on earth would they know about the history of the USA? 9/11 wasn't an attack of one nation state against another. Its not like the nation voted to attack the USA. The Taliban won the country in a gang war (largely Pakistan to blame if you read into that) and invited Al Qaeda into the country with disastrous consequences.

Its been a failed state for years with generations knowing nothing but war. The literacy rate of the nation is only 28% (Unicef 2008 figure). Drug money and tribal loyalty are bigger motivators than rhetoric in a land where violent death has been normal and life cheap for as long as anybody remembers.

edit on 20-11-2010 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I have no trouble believing this. My former boss was from Afghanistan, and once during a solar eclipse he remarked that half the people in his country would think the world was ending. They are primarily poor peasants with little knowledge of the outside world.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Damn, dude. Most afghanis act surprised when they see a flashlight for the first time. Why shouldn't they not know what 9/11 is? They are savages still living in the 6th century, for all practical purposes.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
They did not hear about 911 in the Korrengal valley? What did they show on Afghani TV :p?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I really don't know quite what to believe about this. I took a statistics course last year and one of the things that I learned about was how bias in questioning can affect results. So like I just have a hard time believing that the people in Afghanistan didn't hear about it. I just have to think about how the questions were worded. If they were asked what they thought about 9-11 it's been like 9 years since than so they might not remember. People have a short term memory for the most part. But, I really question that survey.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Also you might like to take a look at the Think Tank who created these Afghan poll results: ICOS group

www.icosgroup.net...

The International Council on Security and Development (ICOS) is an international policy think tank working to combine grassroots research and policy innovation at the intersections of security, development, counter-narcotics and public health issues. Through a unique mix of field research, reports and project implementation, ICOS examines the root causes of current crises, and works to achieve measurable and direct policy results.

Here is a link to the ICOS Group Advisory board showing the main director was formerly at Interpol: Mr Raymond Kendall , Former Secretary General of Interpol
www.icosgroup.net...

Pretty vague. Sounds like "grassroots research" could mean "agent operatives on the ground". I get a tingley feeling when I see descriptions like this. Could it be a revolutionary group disguised as a research think tank? Where do they get operational funds for the globe-hopping think tank approach? Probably from the Mercator Fund www.mercatorfund.net...

To achieve its aim of promoting innovative philanthropy, The Mercator Fund has developed the International Council on Security and Development, an international policy think tank working to combine grassroots research and policy innovation at the intersections of security, development , counter-narcotics and public health issues. Hover on the on the map below for a description of the ICOS Labs.

Well then. Where does Mercator Fund get funding from?
The Network of European Foundations. www.nefic.org...

NEF as a structure is a joint-initiative of a limited core number of foundations (12-15), and as such, is "owned" by them.

Here you might check out the NEF Secretariat
www.nefic.org...

At this point I still don't know how they are getting any money.
[edit to add - I found some money]http://www.srtt.org/about_us/overview.htm

The Sir Ratan Tata Trust was established in 1919 with a corpus of Rs8 million. Today, it exists as one of India's oldest grant bestowing foundations.

edit on 12/26/2010 by SayonaraJupiter because: edit to add the money trail

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
All I need to know is that one minute the US is funding the Taliban in their fight against the Russians..
Next minute the US is sending troops and drones against the Taliban..

Way to play both sides, but for what agenda.???

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Globalization agenda probably. NWO probably. It is hard to put mind control on a population of Afghans when they don't have a propaganda infrastructure. And opium.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

Originally posted by backinblack

Globalization agenda probably. NWO probably. It is hard to put mind control on a population of Afghans when they don't have a propaganda infrastructure. And opium.

Or a central bank..

Funny how the countries without cenral bank or IMF intervention all appear to be the bad guys..
You can almost see a pattern..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join