It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Denies Request for Fort Hood Report That Could Aid Suspect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

EXCLUSIVE: A key intelligence report that could aid accused Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Hasan's defense is being withheld by the Obama administration, according to a letter obtained by Fox News as part of its ongoing investigation of a radical American cleric.

Intelligence officials do not deny that the report contains information about the cleric, Anwar Al-Awlaki, who is the first American on the CIA’s kill or capture list

The letter, dated Oct. 19, 2010, was sent by the general counsel for the national intelligence director – the nation’s top intelligence official - to the chief Army prosecutor, Col. Michael Mulligan. It states that the intelligence review requested by President Obama immediately after the shooting last year “is not reasonably available.”

Robert S. Litt, general counsel for Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, cites “highly classified, compartmented, and sensitive information originating with a number of different executive branch agencies” as justification for withholding the document on the shooting, which left 13 dead and more than 30 injured.

In what may be a slight to the defense, the letter states a review of the material would be complicated and the DNI letter strongly hints it will never be produced for Hasan’s defense.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d71d744282f.jpg[/atsimg]
This April 9, 2010, file photo released by the Bell County Sheriffs Department shows U.S. Major Nidal Hasan at the San Antonio to Bell County Jail in Belton, Texas, after his Nov. 5 shooting spree at Fort Hood.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

Anyone else smell SMOKE?

I have a feeling that they are hiding the Obama Admin's lack of focus towards the whole Islam issue and more of how they DIDN'T handle this dude when they were warned.

More B.S. for sure. LET US KNOW THE TRUTH DAM IT. Whatever it is. We'll deal with it.

I'll telling you, the new guys coming in need to open an investigation into this whole matter first.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I guess it begs the question about what on earth wouldneed to be highly classified about someone losing it and going crazy with a weapon.....

There's obviously a lot more to this story.......

This whole secrecy thing as an absolute farce....just one more way to protect the corrupt, more often than not.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Concur. I think, back from when all of this happened and it wasn't political yet, that the shooter had been identified as problematic and sympathetic to the enemy. But, he got promoted to Major and was an Obama team member in the beginning part on some Islamic meeting. Something along those lines.

And, what is interesting is HOW MANY federal agencies had their eyes/ears on him that so many are involved etc?

Yes, more to the story. Unfortunately, the article title is somewhat bland and not getting the attention it deserves. IMO

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What the HELL is going on with ATS?

We have an ASSHOLE that kills people in our country and NO ONE wants to talk about it.

This is why I am really thinking something is going on here at ATS. What the HELL is a matter with you peeps!?

During the Clinton regime, we had the Oklahoma bombing, I am sure peeps wanted to talk about THAT! How about everything else? You peeps are FREAKING me out.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

This is more of the same, typical Intelligence agency behavior "Can't reveal anything because our enemies would know what we didn't know," ETC., etc., etc.....

The Bush Administration and The Obama Administration are both guilty of this crap. More likely than anything, they are withholding the evidence because it will either show negligence, or complicity.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Obama is a MUSLIM! Obama said in his book and in his own words, not mine, and I quote "I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." Unquote.
edit on 19-11-2010 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

President Obama is not and never will be a Muslim. He's a Christian. What else do you want? You have better chance of claiming he's a lizard from space.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

This is where we will agree to disagree. You can call a tree a flower, but it is still a damn tree.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

What book is that? I would like to see if I can get it off a friend and read it. You know I don't know how strict Muslims are in their religion. I would imagine if he was a Muslim he would look and act like it more. It's possible he could be a member or good relations with the Nation of Islam. Which claims to be true Islam and sometimes Christianity. Yet goes against both beliefs.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Yeah! That's why Obama is denying information to the Fort Hood shooter, information that would help his case.

Wait, what?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Your facts are not facts.

He was stating that if political winds shifted against muslims, he would stand with them and defend them. IE: If someone was launching a campaign to exterminate muslims, he would defend them. Wouldn't you? I would defend anyone in my country for their right to exist regardless of what religion they are.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

This is more of the same, typical Intelligence agency behavior "Can't reveal anything because our enemies would know what we didn't know," ETC., etc., etc.....

The Bush Administration and The Obama Administration are both guilty of this crap. More likely than anything, they are withholding the evidence because it will either show negligence, or complicity.

Yes, national security in doublespeak = national coverup.

second
edit on 20-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
double post deleted.
edit on 20-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
Obama is a MUSLIM! Obama said in his book and in his own words, not mine, and I quote "I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." Unquote.

That is what every decent person would do. 'If the winds shift in an ugly direction' means he will stand against irrational persecution based solely on someone's religion. I don't support what Obama has done to the country - in fact it is an abomination - but let's stick to reason. The statement you have posted absolutely does not say or infer that he is Muslim.

new topics

top topics

join