It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so many anti-homosexual threads?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

So what it seems to boil down to Crakeur is your definition of acceptable.

Here in lies the fundamental problem. How about those nice folks from Westboro Baptist Church are they on or off your acceptability list?

How about the kind hearted muslim fanatics celebrating 9/11? They make the cut?

I can go on you realize. Many favorable posters will always head down the road known as "Rights" These are legal definitions which often fly in the face of public sentiment. We could toss the new health care plan in here for a reference. 70% of the public doesn't want it yet there it lies.

If we really want to be fair on issues of this sort, perhaps a public vote should superceed these legislative bufoons litigating what we should and should not be tolerent of.

I'm just saying, you can't pick and choose based on your personal beliefs. You need a majority of public support to put these arguments to bed.

Becker

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Those Westboro Baptist Church folks really mystify me. Not because they hate gay people or even because of the moronic way in which they tell they world how they feel...it's the language they use and the fact that they include and encourage young children to behave in such an abhorrent and unchristian manner.

When I first saw a documentary about them here in the UK I actually thought it was some sort of poor taste comedic parody and was horrified to find that it wasn't.

It makes me more sad than it does angry.

Rev

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I'm just saying, you can't pick and choose based on your personal beliefs.

I'm confused as to whether you are anti-homosexual marriage/celebration or pro?

Surely this is a statement against crusades to eliminate gay marriage expeditions and pride parades?

Also, the majority vote is proven to fail to protect minorities. Surely slavery would have never been abolished if it were decided by a poll.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Hey Brood,

I'm about as far to the right as one can be. However, I have no problem with homosexuals. I'm in favor of civil unions and I'm OK with the parades.

I'm just pointing out some of the hypocricy for those so willing to stand fast for the homosexual agenda.

Tis all.

Becker

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

I hear ya loud and clear Rev.

This is a twisted bunch. What they are doing to their inbred children is criminal in my opinion. They only have about 60 members but they too are afforded these insane "Rights" to protest fallen soldier's funerals.

I hate them!

Becker

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Soldiers funerals should be off limits to all forms of protest. Even if you don't agree with the war, you should think about the families and the fact that the soldier died doing his/her duty to their country.

Yet another thing that makes me more sad than angry...damn I'm apathetic today!

Rev

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Well me and probably 85% of the American public agree with you. This again illustrates my initial post concerning the will of the people. If 60% of Americans think Gay Pride Parades are beyond the meaning of "Rights" then we should immediately put a stop to them.

Becker

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44

If 60% of Americans think Gay Pride Parades are beyond the meaning of "Rights" then we should immediately put a stop to them.

Becker

If 60% of Americans are against Gay Pride Parades then 60% of Americans are not paying attention to the parts of the Gay Pride Parade that they should be if they have ever even seen one at all to be judging it in the first place. The people that march for awareness around the world and take donations have that one venue to do so. It will be taken away over my dead body if due to sheer ignorance of societal majority as usual and their silly wishes to "not be subjected to looking at [x]".

60% of the population would likely opt to let the FDA ban broccoli because sheep trust big corporations and Americans are sheep. That doesn't mean we should let them if we actually know what we are talking about.

It's funny that people have to deny ignorance of those who are trying to stop people who are denying ignorance..

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are attempting to articulate in your second paragraph.

in that you apparently wish to silence a vocal minority by employing the same 'tactics' all the while...

I, Me, My 'against' Them, Their, Those ... in such a broad-brush, all-inclusive fashion.

makes no sense, to me.

As previously mentioned, 'radicals' exist in near every if not all societal 'groupings' ... but that doesn't necessarily correlate to said mindset prevailing throughout amongst the same. (?)

nutZ are nutZ, no matter ... to argue with or make it a point to confront the same, imo, leaves one subject to question with regards being part and/or parcel of just that...the same.

Ya can't fix stupid.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

See I think here again Brood you are injecting your personal belief system against the masses. I for one would vote with you to allow these folks their parades. Awareness and all that stuff.

I believe more firmly the will and desires of the American people as a whole far outweigh "our" personal opinions.

Can't have it both ways. (That wasn't a shot at the Gay Parade either!)

Becker

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Also, if you're straight and you feel threatened by gay marriage, etc, tell us why.

How does the marriage of two men or two women affect you?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

These parades are generally in large cities and very localized and easily avoidable if you don't want to witness them. It's not likely you will see a gay pride parade take over the main street in a small city/town.

There is a huge difference between a kkk parade and a gay pride parade.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I hate to say this, because i hate that westboro church, but they have the right no matter where it is as long as it's public. No matter how hateful, if they lose the right to be that way we have a bigger problem on our hands than idiots with poorly designed signs.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by mr-lizard

You couldn't have posted at an anti-homosexual thread?

All I'm reading is gibberish.

i'm sorry your rampant homosexuality has disabled your eyesight.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Eh.. the stem from the fact we live in a time where people are still harassed over their homosexuality. They are taken pride not necessarily in their sexual preference, but the fact that they are open about it. The pride is in being themselves in spite of the persecution. When being gay is as mundane and boring as straight peoples lives and no one cares enough to call them a name or harass them. The pride parades will probably fade.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I understand where you're coming from mate, but I'll never believe that anyone has the "right" to behave like that on such a sad day. Please don't take that as a dig at you, that isn't my intention.

Rev

edit on 20/11/2010 by revmoofoo because: My kingdom for mad spelling skills!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
I personally don't care if a person is gay or straight as long as they are a good person.

Same here. All gay people I have met have been really good people - except for one.

But even though he was a complete idiot, you couldn't really say it without being accused of being a "gay hater".

Sort of like the "anti-semite" card.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

All I said was that comparing KKK members to homosexuals wasn't fair and that pedophiles and animal lovers would be celebrating illegal activities and, therefore, that wouldn't be acceptible. I never said the KKK didn't have the right to a parade.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join