It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant in Yemen and Why Yemen is the next war front.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is right or not, but I thought that John wrote in the book of Revelation that he seen the Ark in Heaven. If it is, then it would explain why we can't find it and why it is not mentioned again in the Bible til Revelation. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
The Ark is not in Yemen .
The Ark is housed in a building , on an island in the middle of a lake , in Ethiopa . Guarded by one person , who holds the position for life .

And how exactly do you know this?

edit on 19-11-2010 by casijones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by casijones

I've been fascinated by the story for decades , and have did quite a bit of study on the subject . See my edited post on page one . Will be glad to point you in the direction of some thought-provoking reading material , if you so desire .

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Here is some of the text from my posts original link, as it seems you didn't read it...

"Menelek, the only son of Queen Saba (i.e. Queen Sheba) and Solomon, was depressed when he learned that his father's kingdom had been overcome and the Temple in Jerusalem was sacked. His grief was deep ("...the happiness of the Son was poisoned...") and this worried his mother. Shortly after this invasion of Jerusalem, Menelik received word that the Ark of the Covenant (the "box/cell of the Lord" AT-EL), formerly housed in Solomon's Temple, was relocated for its protection.

The text refers to an "oath" that was taken by Menelik to protect the Ark, apparently consumated by a ring that was given to Menelik when he visited Solomon as a young man. Menelik also received a warning from Nathan, his half-brother, that the Ark could be harmful to his health and that it had caused vision problems and "trembling" when Nathan had attempted to interact with it. Menelik retrieves the Ark but has none of these adversities and eagerly interacts with this "box of El", eventually constructing a special underground chamber where he stores the Ark and converses through it with the Lord.

Defenitely an intrigueing "story" if nothing else, moreso with all the recent activities going on in this region of the world

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit:IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS.Please review this link
edit on 20-11-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Whats interesting in the translation is that the mother built a wall of bricks without mortar with an aperature so she could keep an eye on the son. Reminds me of Chicago Pile-1, the world's first artificial nuclear reactor. The reactor was a pile of uranium and graphite blocks. The pile consisted of uranium pellets as a neutron-producing "core", separated from one another by graphite blocks to slow the neutrons. Fermi himself described the apparatus as "a crude pile of black bricks and wooden timbers." The controls consisted of cadmium-coated rods that absorbed neutrons. Withdrawing the rods would increase neutron activity in the pile, leading to a self-sustaining chain reaction. Re-inserting the rods would dampen the reaction. It was moved to Red Gate Woods, where it was reconstructed using the original materials, and renamed Chicago Pile-2. CP-2 began operation in March 1943 and was later buried at the same site, now known as the Site A/Plot M Disposal Site.

And the mother buried the son as well, and made very sure he would not be disturbed.

Maybe they're looking for a reactor core, an ancient one.

Maybe they have an ancient spaceship and they're looking for a missing core piece.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

No , I read it . I was just offering my take on it , as I have read both sides of the speculatives and I find the Ethiopia trail to be the more plausible . I could find some titles for you , if you'd like . I don't agree with the facet of the Ethiopia trail that hosts the assertion of replica though .

Maybe I'm wrong , it's what I am convinced of at this moment , until proven wrong . Sent up a flag for u 2 , so don't take it personal .

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Take it personally, not at all, I also have seen different docs about a priest who oversees the Ark in ethiopia and apparently they don't live too long due to radiation like poisonings, which sheds doubt on the Yemen storey, so I am with you...that being we really don't know, do we?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Ive never really payed much attention to the Ark or the story behind it. But i feel a little more educated now good find kinda odd how this find was in Yemen of all places I would've guessed somewhere further north of the red sea.

Edit: The Ethiopia story seems a lil far out, are there any solid links that can help explain the Ark possibly being in Ethiopia?
edit on 11/20/2010 by Lazrmau5 because: Question added

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazrmau5

The Ethiopian Orthodox Church claims to possess the Ark of the Covenant or tabot in Axum. The object is now kept under guard in a treasury near the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion, and used occasionally in ritual processions.[11] Replicas of the Axum tabot are kept in every Ethiopian church, each with its own dedication to a particular saint, most popularly Mary, George and Michael.[12] The Kebra Nagast, composed to legitimise the new dynasty ruling Ethiopia following its establishment in 1270, narrates how the real Ark of the Covenant was brought to Ethiopia by Menelik I with divine assistance, while a forgery was left in the Temple in Jerusalem. Although the Kebra Nagast is the best-known account of this belief, this belief predates this document. Abu Salih the Armenian, writing in the last quarter of the twelfth century, makes one early reference to this belief that they possessed the Ark. "The Abyssinians possess also the Ark of the Covenant", he wrote, then after a description of the object describes how the liturgy is celebrated upon the Ark four times a year: "on the feast of the great nativity, on the feast of the glorious Baptism, on the feast of the holy Resurrection, and on the feast of the illuminating Cross."[13] On 25 June 2009, the patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia, Abuna Paulos, said he would announce to the world the next day the unveiling of the Ark of the Covenant, which he said had been kept safe and secure in a church in Axum, Ethiopia.[14] The following day, on 26 June 2009, the patriarch announced that he would not unveil the Ark after all, but that instead he could attest to its current status.[15]

en.wikipedia.org...

Ethopia is the only country in the world that the Ark plays a role in religious ceremonies. So it begs the question are they worshipping the real Ark or not?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Wow - amazing - this is all coming together and it will be fascinating to see what develops. Apparently, there are many naval ships off the coast there. Some people propose a Stargate is there, but it is probably the Ark. Last weekend, there was an enormous amount of seismic activity.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
USA is creating terrorists at home - IN USA.

Wake up America...or should I say "go back to bed"

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
To understand why our Gov't is now targeting Yemen, one simply has to look at a map of the Middle East.

Much like the Strait of Hormuz, once you control Bab-el-Mandeb, you control everything moving in and out of the Red Sea.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Aaron McCollum (ex Coast Guard) states in a long and interesting interview to "watch Yemen". He states TPTB want to go in there badly over a stargate in the Gulf of Aden.

Stargate, Ark or whatever. I bet there will be an event which will lead to large numbers of troops being deployed there soon.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

Originally posted by FIFIGI
USA is creating terrorists at home - IN USA.

Wake up America...or should I say "go back to bed"

Here is a site you may be familiar with:

SOA Watch: Close the School of the Americas

Building on your point, an illusion exists in America that the American Gov't is a "force for good". When in-fact, the US Gov't is probably responsible for more death and chaos than all other nations combined.

From using nukes on civilians, to the installation of ruthless dictators, to the sale and use of WMDs and chemical weapons not the least of which were napalm and agent orange in Vietnam to the use of thousands of tons of deadly radioactive Depleted Uranium...

If any other nation in the World had a history remotely similar to that of the US, not to mention the current policy of invasion and occupation, they would be boycotted, sanctioned, shunned and most likely attacked and disarmed.

Ironic.

Howard Zinn sums it up quite succinctly:

A Brief History of Terrorism
by the USA

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This is absololutely fascinating, and one of the most interesting threads which I have read lately.

Thanks you very much for posting it, and I do hope that it is one which is kept to the forefront on ATS.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

The Ark of the Covenant was buried in a cave in Jeremiah's grotto...
...a laberinth between the inner and outer walls of Jerusalem...
...situated directly below Golgotha the place where Jesus was crucified...
...when he died and his side was struck with a spear...
...blood and water ran down the beam of the cross into the post hole...
...then through a crack in the bedrock and spilled onto the mercy seat of the Ark stored in the cave...
...as goats blood had been sprinkled each year for over 1500 year on the Day of Atonement.

It was placed there some 700 years earlier in anticipation of His death...
...by priests who hid it as all the other furnishings were transported to Babylon.

The Ark of the Covenant is still there hidden until it will be revealed as a witness...
...just prior to the second coming.
edit on 20/11/10 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

In an Islamic Hadith, It is told by Prophet muhammad(peace be upon Him) that before end times there will be big discovery near the area which is Kurd Iraq, and that will the biggest treasure, and people will kill each other to get that treasure. I believe this is the same treasure of treasure.. (in Hadith Prohet Muhammad(peace be upon Him) used the word Mountain of Gold) for that treasure) i believe its the same treasure they are looking for

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

The most destructive, ruthless, cynical, cold and calculating killers on the planet have been:

Islam, Communism, Catholicism, Nazism.

The US - or if you prefer the Anglo-Saxon establishment NWO faction have been pretty benign all told.

If they wanted whatever was in Yemen - they wouldn't be dicking around with Pirates and false flag nonesense - they would just buy it from them on the quiet!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
reply to post by gladtobehere

If they wanted whatever was in Yemen - they wouldn't be dicking around with Pirates and false flag nonesense - they would just buy it from them on the quiet!

Unless whatever IT is, isn't for sale. Do you think this could have anything to do with the recent extreme, increase in airport security?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I wonder if there is any truth to what Aaron said? The stargate is supposed to be in Yemen and the real reason why there are so many warships from so many countries there. Actually the stargate is supposed to be just of the coast of Yemen and that is why there is so many ships.

Also both times the stargate was supposed to be open, now or recently, and what, a year ago or so, there have been massive multinational fleets of ships hanging around. Way too many warships for pirate interdiction I would say. Including Chinese warships which hadn't left their own territorial waters on like 50 years.

That plus all the recent earthquakes and the picture that is theorized to be the Yemeni stargate from the first time it opened make for a very fascinating situation in Yemen.

Too bad there is virtually no news coming out of the area.

Is this a picture of a Yemeni stargate?

edit on 20-11-2010 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join