It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apology Party, next Saturday All Day Bring Your Own Tears.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Since there's currently a trend to apologize for seemingly everything, whether it be nationality, past purchases, legislation, caffine, even unpure thoughts,
Let's make next Saturday and every last Saturday of November Apology Day each year.
Our Congress can apologize to us and the world, we can apologize to our congress and eachother, all with immunity and total honesty in hopes of restoring trust and integrity and cleansing ourselves and our government of the tons of guilt that seem to be weighing down and ending our great potential and great way of life.
I'm sorry, will be heard in every corner of the globe, I'm sorry, the words will be carried into deep space to other worlds we havent encountered yet and we will already be apologizing for exisiting.
Maybe if we apologize enough we can forgive ourselves for apologizing too much.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
I'm sorry, will be heard in every corner of the globe, I'm sorry, the words will be carried into deep space to other worlds we havent encountered yet and we will already be apologizing for exisiting.
Maybe if we apologize enough we can forgive ourselves for apologizing too much.

I'm very sorry that I've commented in yet another spinoff thread. I know I shouldn't, but I just couldn't help myself.

Many regrets, ATS.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I would like for you to apologize to me because i feel offended by your actions.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Socratic Method

I'm sorry, Socratic Method? Will you please ask me some questions about penitance? I want to learn the answers from myself. I know you can do it.

If not, I'm sorry I asked.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well my good sir, did you know that the word penitence was actually created in 1285 by Dennis Rodman?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I am sorry that everybody else has to say sorry to the other folks that said sorry to the other people that they said sorry to. This is a sorry situation and I am sorry for not saying sorry soon enough to call the people that deserve to hear I am sorry about being sorry to the other people who said sorry about being sorry to the others who were sorry about all this. Once again, sorry.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry; I have other plans that day.
I 'm getting my junk "touched"

edit on 18-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socratic Method
...the word penitence was actually created in 1285 by Dennis Rodman?

No. I'm sorry, but this can't be true. Nobody back then played basketball because running shoes hadn't been invented yet. If I'm wrong in this, I apologise.

In another 1285 game:

Tran Hung Dao leads Vietnamese forces in victory over an invading Mongol army of the Yuan dynasty.
en.wikipedia.org...

Go Tran Go!!!

I'm sorry if this is getting off topic, mods.

8th line

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry I clicked on this thread!

I'm also sorry i have no 2nd line!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I will start it officially by playing Tony Haywards apology for the BP oil spill.

Heart wrenching stuff...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

I am sorry that you are sorry about being sorry. I am also sorry about you not having a 2nd line. I'm sorry.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I absolutely refuse to say sorry.
Maybe we should just learn to change our ways, eliminating the need.

Surely, doing so would be far more cost effective.
Only when we think before we act, can things get better.
Reacting to a wrong, in order to make it right, seems a bit daft, don't you think?
Really, all you'd be doing, is giving the wrongdoers a free pass.
You'll never get me to say it... never!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

I lol'd.

Edit: Im sorry.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
...heres my theory on the apology epidemic...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I will never ever in a million years say I am sorry for things I have no control over, or things that others do in my name without my knowledge. It's a laugh. I'm NOT sorry.... Or am I ???

unisteg me baby....

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm probably expecting more apologies than I'm going to deliver,
I'd like an apology from whomever worded the theocratic history of mankind to start with, the mindmelting infused lack of logic as to why I should feel guilty about being created and then being viewed as a disappointment seeking forgiveness seems to have been an effective mind game that has caused more pain and suffering than grains of sand on all the worlds beaches.
I'd also like an apology from every congress elected since the 16th amendment and an explanation as to why that entire nightmare hasnt been resolved.
I've already accepted Dominos apology for the pizza.
George senior could offer up an apology , actually a book of apologies starting with the zapata corporation, passing through the kennedy assassination, the entire vietnam debacle, the cancerous spreading of the cia, the disassembly of the manufacturing base of america, ronald reagans puppet presidency, and most events since 2000, including his sons.
I've already accepted Edwin Muskeys apology.
I want an apology from Oprah for unleashing doctor phil and doctor oz.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
A worded apology is never enough.

It is the aknowledgement of mistakes made, followed by determined and sincere action to correct such mistakes, that is more critical than the mere apology of words.

Some may fear immense finacial compensation seeked when one apologise, made worse with legative hungry lawyers whom will stop at nothing to earn their monies, nothing more than pure greed that cheapens many a sincere apology and creates more lies to evade such financial responsibilities.

In the end, money is only a piece of paper. Whatever money that is lost, can always be earned back by honest labour anyway. Greed is only natural in humans, but in the end, greed will always fail, one way or another, as the financial crisis had proven.

The one who suffers ultimately is not the one who pays, but the one who is greedy. We came into this world with nothing, and like any mortal, will leave with nothing. Only our honour and the memory of our actions will be remember, either with fondness or hatred, hatred that is enough to make others spit on one's grave for eternity.

What truly governs our progress and evolution is a sincere honest apology from one's heart and the resolved actions not to make the same mistakes again, that truly matters........

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I apologize to my children for not better protecting their future opportunities for employment here in the states.
When the american business men and women transplanted their manufacturing outside of the country I should have done more to rally others, but the money was flowing still and times were okay and no one listened enough to allow a movement to grow,
and then the EPA and OSHA were used as a tool to dismantle more manufacturing,
and I apologize again for not speaking louder than I did, and then the steel industry , and coal, and coke plants were killed, and there was some notice by the population but it was soon silenced by the attention given to the first Iraq war, then the Clinton years and the folksy creepy sex scandals, then the Bush wacking until finally were here.
Sorry kids.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Women, children and other minorities are hit hardest,

I think they need extra "I'm sorrys".

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
As This place seems to be big on determining What other people "need" or are otherwise entitled to:
I'm sorry to the poor: working and non working alike who I recently learned I crushed beneath my bootheels and stole from while making a living for myself and my family.Guess I could've moved into a discarded cardboard refrigerator box after all; and really didn't "NEED" their piece of the pie!!!

top topics

join