It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening to mainstream music artists\bands ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I just listened to the latest song by Take That called SOS (Save our Souls) from their new album called "The Progress". This song is talking about ascension, Apocalypse, mind control, serpents, Satellites falling (solar flares maybe), divine intervention, nothing can save us from doom etc.. Now they are mainstream artists, and have never talked about these type of things in their music, they have mostly sung romantic type of songs, so why they are now talking about these things in their music. Now check out the album cover:

Looks like human ascension to me.

Now check out the song:

Take That - SOS

Here are the Lyrics:

Save our souls we're splitting atoms
Go tell Eve and go tell Adam
Liberate your sons and daughters
Some are gods and some are monsters
We'll get a five minute warning for divine intervention
With the satellites failing prepare for ascension

Under mind control
We'll be practising our politics
Defending all our policies
Preparing for apocalypse
Don't let the hungry serpent see you no
No, no, no, no, no

She'll let you fall asleep then eat you whole
It's like a bullet to the head
It's an SOS, it's an SOS, oh yes, oh yes, it's an SOS
It's an SOS, it's an SOS, like a bullet in the head, it's an SOS

When the levee brakes
And Manhattan sinks
There won't be water fit to drink
When the winter's warm
And the summer's cold
The poison stops you looking old

You'll get a five second warning for divine and intervention
And the satellites are falling prepare for ascension
As the earth looks on
The odds or probability
Of losing all capacity
To function it's hereditary
No antibiotic can save us now
No, no, no, no, no
We are the virus that we talk about

It's like a bullet to the head
It's an SOS, it's an SOS, oh yes, oh yes, it's an SOS

Is doom on humanity is coming or its just part of a giant social experiment by the illuminati as we go towards 2012 or Take that is just doing it for creating a controversy so that people will buy their album just like Kanye West has done by using so much symbolism in plain sight in his videos and controversial lyrics as well, but i can't say this in case of Lady Ga Ga as she uses symbolism in hidden form. I am sure there are many other artists who are now talking about these things and the same is for movies. Sometimes these things are hidden and sometimes clearly shown, so what is your opinion on what is really going on in the entertainment industry.

edit on 18-11-2010 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
now they have robbie back is most probs why.. as we all know he is very into the paranormal ect...... maybe he even comes on this site ?.....

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Maybe Robbie had an influence on those songs... I doubt he's still around here but he shared his opinions more than once and it seems to fit.

Why not? They're all far from the teenage angst people they were originally...

Won't bother me anyway, not a fan.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
now they have robbie back is most probs why.. as we all know he is very into the paranormal ect...... maybe he even comes on this site ?.....

Yep, he used to anyway...

chrisonabike.

Haven't heard of him in a long time however, not checked his account. and before you try, he asked SO to block his u2u receiving ability

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby

Yeah Robbie used to come here. Not sure about now though. He used to go under the name of 'chrisonabike'.

IRM

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
TPTB just want conspiracy theorists to be a fad...
so that eventually we'll just go away...

I was so conspiracy before you even heard of it..

I'm talking that old school conspiracy.. none of that new age conspiracy
edit on 18-11-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
good topic... i think about this as well... what do the artists know that we dont? or is it not the artist writing these lyrics because they 'sold their soul' and this the devil speaking through them??? google eminem 'hip hop witch' video... it is quite disturbing. audioslave seems to give hints of an asteroid or nibiru destroying earth... dont know really, but the symbolism in the videos has always been there if you look back, its just now people are aware of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
That is one out there song. The words are really religious or something. I heard another today called 2012 is not the end but for some reason in the song he sings it like 2012 is the end. I cannot remember who sang it but Im sure some of yous will know the song Im talking about.

Maybe these artists have just found another way to try and make big money or maybe they know something the rest of us do not. Who knows I know I will not be buying any of their crap.

Todays music really sucks...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'll have faith again for humanity when they account for, create watchdog agencies against the tampering of, and force corporate transparency around the issue most crucial to our survival : our food supply. That must branch to medicine, which needs a total overhaul, including the medicine itself and the techniques used on present victims of the system. Instead, the Codex approaches, organic producers are being litigated against, hundreds of natural herbs are banned (over the years, small batches at a time), hormones are increasingly being put in animals, genetics are being modified, GMO crops are becoming the norm, and soon seed is to be replaced with genetically modified varieties. Unregulated nanotech is appearing in our supermarkets, especially in skin-related products, turning us into lab rats. Bill C-16 and S-510 intend to link Canada & the US to that Codex, which will allow seven of the twelve deadliest pesticides into our food by a "backdoor" provision.

I'm not saying there isn't something that we can do about this, in smaller ways, I'm saying this is a bottom-line indicator that they want populations eliminated. So yeah, bands have something to sing about, and it's a reality.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If anyone has heard of the metal band High on Fire, their new album Snakes for the Divine is all about reptilians and such things. They are extremely heavy.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GameKeeper
good topic... i think about this as well... what do the artists know that we dont?

I've been debating this question internally for the past year now. I've been a huge fan of 30 Seconds to Mars for a very long time. And while Jared has always seemed to have a bit of a fetish for adopting NWO symbolism into the band's iconogrophy, the lyrics on their first, self-titled album and unreleased tracks from that era were anything but pro-NWO. This is War, which came out last year, however, now leaves me questioning if they are now pro. Of course, since EMI attempted to sue them for $30 million and they were forced to settle, I also wonder if this shift that feels so strange to me is being prompted by the label, rather than generated from within their true belief structure.

It's something that has really, really been weighing heavily on me, because I was a member of the large choir that was used in 9 of the songs...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Interesting stuff, I don't know of this band since I honestly don't listen to a lot of new music [ seems there are few true musicians now days with all the synth crap on the market ] Checkout what people are saying about almost every hip hop group etc that uses " Make it Rain " as lyrics and it being a nod to the NWO, its pretty interesting stuff.

The music industry is such a joke these days, every band seems to sound just like which ever band is hot at the moment with one label playing catchup to another. In my world if you cant play an instrument then you aren't a musician

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I commend the band for putting out the song, looks to me like they finally woke up...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Candycab

You might want to check out a band called Muse. They're seriously into conspiracy, and very anti-NWO which what a lot of there songs are about. Additionally, they are phenominal musicians both on the albums and live! I love how they enorperate Chopin and Sant-Saens into some of the songs on The Resistence.

Uprising is truly an anthem!

ETA: I had the pleasure of seeing them in Njmagen back in June of this year while I wss on vacation in Europe, and I've got to say, standing in park with 50,000 people singing this song along with the band at the top of their lungs? It just really felt like an empowering moment in time.

edit on 19-11-2010 by ProvehitoInAltum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProvehitoInAltum

You might want to check out a band called Muse. They're seriously into conspiracy, and very anti-NWO which what a lot of there songs are about. Additionally, they are phenominal musicians both on the albums and live! I love how they enorperate Chopin and Sant-Saens into some of the songs on The Resistence.

Uprising is truly an anthem!

ETA: I had the pleasure of seeing them in Njmagen back in June of this year while I wss on vacation in Europe, and I've got to say, standing in park with 50,000 people singing this song along with the band at the top of their lungs? It just really felt like an empowering moment in time.

edit on 19-11-2010 by ProvehitoInAltum because: (no reason given)

I actually like Muse, they have that sort of Queen rock opera thing going on [ not that I was ever a big Queen fan ] , couldn't tell you anything about the lyrics though, guess I don't really pay that much attention

Thanks for the heads up as I do find this stuff very interesting.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
I'll have faith again for humanity when they account for, create watchdog agencies against the tampering of, and force corporate transparency around the issue most crucial to our survival : our food supply. That must branch to medicine, which needs a total overhaul, including the medicine itself and the techniques used on present victims of the system. Instead, the Codex approaches, organic producers are being litigated against, hundreds of natural herbs are banned (over the years, small batches at a time), hormones are increasingly being put in animals, genetics are being modified, GMO crops are becoming the norm, and soon seed is to be replaced with genetically modified varieties. Unregulated nanotech is appearing in our supermarkets, especially in skin-related products, turning us into lab rats. Bill C-16 and S-510 intend to link Canada & the US to that Codex, which will allow seven of the twelve deadliest pesticides into our food by a "backdoor" provision.

I think that paragraph is so far removed from take that's world Its unbelievable.

The album cover simply proclaims the rebirth of the "band" since the robster's back, and a funny play on human evolution. And words of a song, are just that. Words.

Artists don't know anymore than we do. They just write songs and believe they are way way more important than they really are.

Take that? the musical equivalent of "yawn spray"

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

Beg your pardon : Mine wasn't a take on that band, their message, or their direction. In fact, I claim no prior understanding of this band before reading this thread. What I am going on is the lyrics, the potential message behind the lyrics, and the OP question as to what is going on with mainsteam iMusicians. It's not off-topic.

There won't be water fit to drink
When the winter's warm
And the summer's cold
The poison stops you looking old

No antibiotic can save us now
No, no, no, no, no
We are the virus that we talk about

As in, who spreads the virus, who poisons the water, and why is there an SOS.
edit on 20-11-2010 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Definitely look into the lyrics! Take a Bow (originally intended to be called Hex) directly calls out the TPTB ("You bring corruption to all that you touch"), MK Ultra is pretty self explanitory, Exo-politics is about Project Bluebeam, etc. There's a lot of meaning to many of their songs.
And yes, I agree there's a Queen vibe to a lot their music (I grew up loving Queen).

Take a Bow by Muse
Corrupt
You corrupt
And bring corruption to all that you touch

Hold
You'll behold
And beholden for all that you've done

Spell
Cast a spell
Cast a spell on the country you run

And risk
You will risk
You will risk all their lives and their souls

And burn
You will burn
You will burn in hell
Yeah, you'll burn in hell
You'll burn in hell
You'll burn in hell for your sins

Oh, our freedom's consuming itself
What we've become
Is contrary to what we want
Take a bow

Death
You bring death
And destruction to all that you touch

Pay
You must pay
You must pay for your crimes against the earth

Hex
Feed the hex
Feed the hex on the country you love

And beg
You will beg
You will beg for their lives and their souls

Yeah, and burn
You will burn
You will burn in hell
You'll burn in hell
You'll burn in hell
Yeah you'll burn in hell for your sins

edit on 20-11-2010 by ProvehitoInAltum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'll tell you what's happening with mainstream music artists/bands...they suck. That's what's happened to them.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

The only conspiracy hear is that somebody is listening to Take That so much that they have remembered all of the lyrics. That is the real conspiracy, your God awful taste in music. If you had better taste in music you could make this conspiracy much better but still totally untrue, if you only listened to muse this thread would be so much better

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join