It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alchohol Prohibition 2.0 Coming Soon To A Country Near You.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Four Loko the drink that is 12 percent alcohol infused with caffeine is being driven into nonexistence.
The FDA has just stated that alcoholic drinks combined with caffeine is unhealthy and should not be allowed to remain legal.

State after state is banning the sale of Four Loko, as well as all drinks that include caffeine and alcohol.

If the FDA and states can start banning different types of alcoholic drinks such as "Four Loko", who is to say they will stop at one type of drink?

The makers of Four Loko has just announced they will now exclude caffeine from their popular drinks, as well as two other energy ingredients.

Will this be salt in the wound of prohibitionists? Will they ban this fruity malt liquor caffeine or not????

Now, I will tell the future for you.

First caffeine infused energy drinks will be banned, then malt liquor will be banned. After that, Ice beer will be banned and after that spirits!!!!

We will all be dry in four years time. By force !!!

That is if we do not act soon.

Prohibition is coming people. I can see it ! Does anyone else see it? They are starting with this Four Loko circus.

There is an ACTIVE CONSPIRACY against alcohol. Help me to understand just who is behind this recent prohibition attempt.

edit on 17-11-2010 by wiredamerican because: Nfo.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Calm down. Prohibition will never see the light of day again because of ONE important reason:TAX

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You might be right and we should have a gin and tonic or maybe a martini shaken but not stirred to that.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This isn't prohibition.
The drink four loco itself is a problem amongst youths.
It's more helpful than harmful

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Dear wiredamerican

Now then lets see who could want to ban alcohol???

Try anybody who wants to make a buck out of the black market, CIA???

Just the way they do with Drugs.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Can you say "Rum and Coke please"?

Redbull and whatever?

Yet the FDA allows Cox2 inhibitors because they claim you should have a choice.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Dear amongus

As a government if you TAX it you get 300 or 400% if you make it illegal and still control it you get 40,000%

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
They used to sell vodka and red bull in pubs around here, but no more. In fact, I was one told I could not order any more after being in the bar for less than 4 hours and having 3 of them. Needless to say, I told them where to stick their red bull, went to the bottle shop and bought a bottle of vodka...

Stupid laws like this are only knee jerk reactions.

Who cannot go buy guarana and caffeine tablets. The Taurine in these drinks is not even a stimulant, but a mild relaxant - it's what makes the caffeine feel different, you get the buzz but less jitters. People think taurine is the secret ingredient, but it's the high levels of vitamin B such a niacin, the caffeine from guarana and all the sugar to cover the horrendous taste of it all.

So go buy a cheap bottle of vodka, a stack of red bulls or your own concoction, and you evade these stupid laws.

But let me tell you that once you've polished off the vodka with 8 cans of red bull, the next day you will never want to touch the stuff ever again!!!!!!!!

I am also sick and tired of hearing about how some idiot kid goes and gets plastered on something, or starts a fight in a club, or drives his car drunk and kills people, for the reason why I cannot do something.

meh..

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'm willing to buy that the CIA could make more money selling black market booze than is currently generated through tax revenue.

However, there is absolutely no way we will ever see prohibition. The slippery slope argument is not justification for this fear, and as has been pointed out already, these alcohol energy drinks are terribly bad for you. Think about this for a second:

In Canada, energy drink makers have to put a tiny disclaimer on the can saying "should not be mixed with alcohol" or something to that effect, because it's acknowledged that it's a bad and unhealthy mix. But at the same time, energy drink makers are still allowed to make alcoholized versions. See the incongruency there?

The FDA is just filling in the loophole that allowed this crap in the first place. I hope Canada does the same thing.

Caffeine is addictive. Even more so than alcohol. And by mixing them together you add the addictive properties of caffeine to what is already a potent intoxicant - making it even more addictive, even more harmful, and even more attractive to young and potentially underage drinkers.

Banning these drinks makes total sense. There is no conspiracy here, just good governance for a change.

Yeesh.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
So, go buy some caffeine and then buy some alcohol....mix, stir and drink.

What;s the big deal on this issue? There is no prohibition on this. The drama (over sensationalization) of this topic has me concerned about the general public's mental capacity to comprehend. This is NOT prohibition....hell, 12-months ago, this was not even a product...go buy your red bull and then go buy your vodka and go tear it up. Easy, peasy , lemon squeezy!

Sadly, this will remain in the main forum; whereas, topics on mary jane will land one squarely in the alt.sub.conspiracy forum.... Which is a conspiracy in and of itself.

To be fair, all "drugs",including alcohol, should be moved there too, no? I would love for a MOD to debate me on this...Perhaps SO himself!!!

What say you SO? Willing to knock off the cobwebs?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird
Caffeine is addictive. Even more so than alcohol. And by mixing them together you add the addictive properties of caffeine to what is already a potent intoxicant - making it even more addictive, even more harmful, and even more attractive to young and potentially underage drinkers.

Banning these drinks makes total sense. There is no conspiracy here, just good governance for a change.

Yeesh.

So mixing two addictive substances creates a new substance does it? One twice as addictive?

If *I* want to drink mud, it's my prerogative and my right to do so. It's my choice, not yours of anyone elses, and certainly not the government.

But I see once again you're only thinking of the children.. Oh the poor children...

edit on 18/11/2010 by badw0lf because: a children made me do it.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is not prohibition so much as a reactionary response to a bunch of kids hospitalized for being so hopped up on the caffeine in these that they couldn't feel the alcohol poisoning taking root. This is also the wrong response.
Once again, governments answer to health issues is to attack the symptoms and ignore the root cause of the problem. The real problem here isn't caffinated alcohol beverages but the issue of underage drinking, particularly to excess.

top topics

join