It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was ground zero so hot for so long?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidtwist
Where do you get the idea that 220 acres of offices were set on fire?! It was only certain floors, which do not add up to 220 acres, and those floors were smothered by all the dust and rubble during the collapse, so there would have been minimal, if any fire left by the time the buildings came down.

Sure, there was fairly minimal fire as the buildings collapsed. However, fire spreads. Simple as that, as long as only a few flames remained, there were 220 acres worth of office furniture, chemicals, paper, plastic, god knows what else.

I don't see what the problem is with believing that that amount of office contents can burn for a couple weeks. It doesn't seem particularly amazing to me, why is it so unbelievable to you?

Thermite has produces its own oxygen so it can burn for a long time, and nano-thermite can also be used as an explosive.

Thermite contains its own oxygen yes, but you can't have it both ways. If you use something as an explosive it has to turn to gas really quickly. If you want it to burn for some time it can't function like an explosive.

Watch videos on youtube if that's what will convince you, even large quantities of thermite (hundreds and hundreds of pounds) will last mere minutes, not even half an hour in most cases. I can't think of any I've ever seen big enough to last more than a few seconds in demonstrations. Where are you seeing this long burning thermite?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kidtwist

So when that steel framed old factory collapsed during the fire - it didn't happen...?

And I spent 6 hours on roof of adjacent building pouring water on burning rubble for NOTHING.....

Wow ..... Must have been dreaming

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by kidtwist

So when that steel framed old factory collapsed during the fire - it didn't happen...?

And I spent 6 hours on roof of adjacent building pouring water on burning rubble for NOTHING.....

Wow ..... Must have been dreaming

What on earth are you on about, if you weren't so cryptic I might be able to have a sensible debate with you.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join