It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this proof of life after death?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by avvie

yes theres multiple theories surrounding the afterlife issue isnt there.
Im think were probably souls, and by souls i mean our inner self energy, having a physical experiance.
And maybe were all part of 1 mind the universe itself, were all just different forms of the same energy arent we i guess.
I just think theres alot more to be learned about birth (life) and Death. and you think we cant even measure consiousness yet.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pkpuck

I think our body is just our shell, and when we die we finally break out of it and enter our true life, we are put on this earth to learn from our mistakes and keep the population increasing, i guess dying and entering the after life is kind of like retiring but better, no worries no pain just the perfect life. I guess that's what I hope will happen.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Dan Brown puts that claim at the front of all his books. (I have them all except the one you are talking about) Some of the stuff is real in his books, but most of it is made up or exaggerated, despite what he says. He didn't even get all the artwork right; I found in one of my grandma's art books a picture of one of the pieces of art that leads to a clue in Angels & Demons, and it doesn't point at all the way he says it does.

Having said that, though, I have heard this point about the body losing a small amount of weight just after the moment of death from quite a few people. I don't know if it's true or not, though, but even if it is, it isn't proof of a soul or an afterlife. I do believe in souls and the afterlife, but this cannot be taken as evidence for such; for all we know, it's people passing gas at death.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I thnk it was aristottle who once said, One day science and religion will meet. we can already measure the weight of the smallest atoms and such like,stands to reason the souls weight could be measured, given the right tightly controlled experiment of course.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Heres a thought, science knows now that our entire nervous system is put simply, powered by mild electric charge. Could this electric signiture that keeps us alive, turn out to be what generations have called the human soul. And of course energy can not be destroyed, only changed into another energy

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Really interested in hearing everyones thoughts on this.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So this definitely does sound like something that could lead SOMEWHERE for measuring how energy is transferred postmortem.

It would be interesting to see what happens if someone is like brain dead, in a coma or having destroyed all their brain cells, if they're dead long before their body is if that would change anything or if indeed energy is released at what point?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by shagula

That would be something interesting to find out, i don't think anyone has tried this on someone braindead/in a coma

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Proof of life after death begins with life before life, watch the single invisible sperm cell divide into two, then 4, and so on until a mini alien is in the womb prepared to born into the world

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Sam Parnia has the Nour Foundation...the leading team in studies for nde's and evidence of the soul. Many videos to be found at the site that discusses in great detail their findings to date;

www.nourfoundation.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I doubt any earth experiment could measure the weight of a soul if it exists.
First you have to be able to measure the weight of a photon (light)
Then maybe go smaller to the weight of thought, memory, personality.
It may be a dimensional weight we do not have access too.

Then if a soul has mass, what would happen to your soul if it got close to a black hole?

anyone who claims to weigh a soul I would be very skeptical of their work.
Plus the method this capsule was used on a living person would make it illegal even if the person wanted to commit suicide which he would have done by getting in the capsule willingly.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by avvie
Ok I'm just making a theory here, all comments welcome.
I was reading the book called The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Yes i know the saying is don't always believe what you read but I'm very interested to know if this could be true, it does say in the front of the book that everything written in the book is real.
Ok for those of you who have read the book and who hasn't basically the book is about the Masons, and trying to find something which could change the world, they need to decipher a sacred pyramid in order to find this something called the Ancient Mysteries.
Anyway on with what i was questioning about a lady Called Katherine Solomon is a scientist who is interested in Noetic science and she makes an amazing discovery. She is basically trying to find out if after we die, if it is possible for our soul to exit our body and move to another dimension/world.
She creates a High-precision microbalance capsule.
Basically a man she knows is dying and he wants to donate his body to science so she explains what she wants doing and he agrees.
If you stood in this capsule for around 6 minutes you would die from running out of air, so this guy goes inside and slowly passes away. This capsule weighs the precise scale of a person,when the guy steps in and is alive his body weight is 51.4534644 kg and when he dies after a few seconds the weight decreases suddenly, now it doesn't mention what the final weight is and also nothing can escape this capsule, nothing at all.
But obviously while this weight when down something must have escaped his body, he had become lighter in weight, something "invisible" had escaped his body.
So know Katherine and her brother Peter both in shock figure that it is possible that his soul has escaped his body and entered into another dimension, there-for proving that maybe there really is life after death.
Sorry about the long post but I'm really interested to here what all you non believers and believers think.
Do you think this is really possible? Or just another one of Dan Browns made up story's for a book?

Listen, DAN BROWN is a badass! Here is what my Insight tells me.
When you are born, '___' explodes in your brain. When you Die,
'___' also explodes in your brain. Put 2 and 2 together.

You, the soul wrapped around flesh and blood will continue to live infinitely.
This is just a simple prison planet that others, thanks to the INTERNET are starting to acknowledge.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I see a few people are talking about the law of the conservation of energy. Yes whilst energy cannot be created or destroyed (at least to our understanding), it can be transferred.

The energy our body possess, is absorbed from other sources. We absorb heat energy, we absorb stored chemical energy in food, as a massive object we contain gravitational potential energy.

When we die, we lose this heat energy. It is absorbed by the environment.
We lose our stored chemical energy, as we are eaten by bacteria. Or if we are cremated we act as the fuel and this energy is converted to heat and sound etc.

I'm not really sure what kind of energy everyone else is talking about, is there some unknown energy the body possess'?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

This is a very old myth. A doctor back in the 1800's or so did an experiment involving weighing dead bodies. He naturally found that after death a body weighed less, and to him this was proof of a soul.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I tend to feel that such a thing as a soul does not have mass. Mass is something that exists on this physical plane...
kx

top topics

<< 1   >>

join