It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this proof of life after death?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ok I'm just making a theory here, all comments welcome.
I was reading the book called The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Yes i know the saying is don't always believe what you read but I'm very interested to know if this could be true, it does say in the front of the book that everything written in the book is real.
Ok for those of you who have read the book and who hasn't basically the book is about the Masons, and trying to find something which could change the world, they need to decipher a sacred pyramid in order to find this something called the Ancient Mysteries.
Anyway on with what i was questioning about a lady Called Katherine Solomon is a scientist who is interested in Noetic science and she makes an amazing discovery. She is basically trying to find out if after we die, if it is possible for our soul to exit our body and move to another dimension/world.
She creates a High-precision microbalance capsule.
Basically a man she knows is dying and he wants to donate his body to science so she explains what she wants doing and he agrees.
If you stood in this capsule for around 6 minutes you would die from running out of air, so this guy goes inside and slowly passes away. This capsule weighs the precise scale of a person,when the guy steps in and is alive his body weight is 51.4534644 kg and when he dies after a few seconds the weight decreases suddenly, now it doesn't mention what the final weight is and also nothing can escape this capsule, nothing at all.
But obviously while this weight when down something must have escaped his body, he had become lighter in weight, something "invisible" had escaped his body.
So know Katherine and her brother Peter both in shock figure that it is possible that his soul has escaped his body and entered into another dimension, there-for proving that maybe there really is life after death.
Sorry about the long post but I'm really interested to here what all you non believers and believers think.
Do you think this is really possible? Or just another one of Dan Browns made up story's for a book?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think there was a movie that suggested the soul weighs 16 or 17 grams.. I forget the amount.
I am looking for more info on what you are talking about. Any links you'd like to suggest?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
So your suggesting that a soul has a weight? surely the decreas in weight could be down to something more natural?

If this was correct, surely somebody would have thought to conduct this kind of experiment a long time ago and record trends with a number of different bodies?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

when u die ur bowels collapse....so unless he was wieghed with the capsule, or he was wieghed without the capsule, then his bowels collapsing could be the cause....if the wieght of the capsule was taken into consideration alongside his wieght then thats more mysterious.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Without commenting on the Noetic science in the experiment referenced by Mr. Brown in his book, I can say with certainty that the character Katherine Solomon is simply that - a fictional character. She is based on an amalgam of real people working on this theory in real labs. Some additional information is available HERE. Yes, it's a blog and not a true source, but the first I found.

Personally, I think that if there is a soul that escapes the body at death our current science would have no way to measure it. The idea that a soul has mass (or weight) seems improbable.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Tripnman because: grammar

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Obviously this is in a book, so i don't know about the bowels and I'm not sure if anyone has tried this experiment, i will do a search and post information here.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yes obviously i know that Katherine is fictional but it doesn't say the experiment is fictional

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Around 30 years ago when i was young, I had heard about people on there death bed's losing weight after they had died. These where bed/scale combo is all i can think of. I dont know what you would call them. Anyways, I have always been fasinated by this.

It would also explain how some people are effected by unknown entities exerting force on them. Definetly an interesting theory none the less. I think it should be researched more. I will try to find more on this subject.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by avvie
it does say in the front of the book that everything written in the book is real.

Is that what it really says? I don't have the book with me right now, but I have read it. I think it says that the architecture and the secret societies described in the book are real, otherwise it is strongly categorized as fiction. Noetic science is real, but I don't know if that experiment, or that scientist on whose body that experiment was conducted while he was dying of cancer, and all that is real...Dan Brown does an excellent job of mixing fiction and non-fiction, so I don't know...

All that aside...that is a very intriguing experiment, and I wonder if there is any scientific record of that being conducted for real.

I have my doubts, though. The decrease in weight could amount to some phenomenon we are not aware of right now, and it'd be in haste to attribute it to soul. On the other hand, if suppose we conduct such an experiment, and find that there is no decrease in weight...doesn't mean that the soul does not exists...could just be that the soul has existence, but its "weight" warrants to be measured in another dimension...

Either way, that whole experiment has me fascinated, for sure.
I wish there was a way I could donate my own body to credible scientists for performing that sort of a thing. I would absolutely love to do it!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I think there was a movie that suggested the soul weighs 16 or 17 grams.. I forget the amount.
I am looking for more info on what you are talking about. Any links you'd like to suggest?

It was called 21 grams. Pretty good movie.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

I agree, i think this would put a lot of peoples mind at ease if this is proven to be true, i really would love to here from a professionals point of view to what the loss of weight could be, i would love to know more about this and weather this has already been tested on.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
O.k, i found what i was looking for, here it is

www.snopes.com...

I know we can measure this more accurately with todays technology,But none the less, this is what i remember hearing when i was a kid.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius

it does say in the front of the book that everything written in the book is real.

Is that what it really says?

It says in the front of the book "All organizations in this novel exist, including the Freemasons, the Invisible College, the Office of Security, the SMSC, and the Institute of Noetic Sciences.
All rituals, science, artwork, and monuments in this novel are real."
Obviously i realise that Katherine and the cancer patient are fiction.
edit on 17-11-2010 by avvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by avvie

Don't think that this is proof! But here's my take

When you die...your (soul) goes back to God. At least that is what I believe because..now don't fade out yet.....that's what the bible says.
Your body becomes dust, Goes back to what we are made of. At some point, we all will come back to life.

As the Bible says. There is no thought in death. There is no awareness, there is no comprehension, there is only sleep. Only rest.

At some point, we all come back to whatever we have in store for us. That's the short version.. So I believe there is life after death at some point in time.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by avvie

our bodies contain energy and the theory is that you cannot create nor destroy matter so what happens to that energy in us at death. its a question worth asking. its just a shame you cant talk to a non functioning body haha.

i definately think there is more to this than we currently know. which goes for pretty much everything we think we know right now.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius

Is that what it really says?

All rituals, science, artwork, and monuments in this novel are real."

Makes things very interesting then.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
O.k, i found what i was looking for, here it is

www.snopes.com...

I know we can measure this more accurately with todays technology,But none the less, this is what i remember hearing when i was a kid.

Thanks for this link, its very interesting that this could be a possibility

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by avvie

Don't think that this is proof! But here's my take

When you die...your (soul) goes back to God. At least that is what I believe because..now don't fade out yet.....that's what the bible says.
Your body becomes dust, Goes back to what we are made of. At some point, we all will come back to life.

As the Bible says. There is no thought in death. There is no awareness, there is no comprehension, there is only sleep. Only rest.

At some point, we all come back to whatever we have in store for us. That's the short version.. So I believe there is life after death at some point in time.

It could be proof it could all be fake but thanks to a link someone posted on this thread it shows that someone actually did this experiment and that the body weight did decrease after death so their is a possibility this could be true

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pkpuck

I have always told people that energy cannot be destroyed nor created. i have wondered the same thing.

And in 100 years from now if people are still around, they will look back on our time a say, wow, These people had it so wrong. Just like we do now. I believe that everything is possible we just have to evolve to understand it. If people lasted a million years i would say that they will still not have all the answers.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pkpuck
reply to post by avvie

our bodies contain energy and the theory is that you cannot create nor destroy matter so what happens to that energy in us at death. its a question worth asking. its just a shame you cant talk to a non functioning body haha.

i definately think there is more to this than we currently know. which goes for pretty much everything we think we know right now.

I think this is fascinating, it obviously can never officially prove life after death is real as you won't know the truth until you die, but just think of all them people who die on the operating table and when resuscitated tell the doctors how they exited there body and while floating above saw there own lifeless body on the table. I mean so many people have said the same thing surely this could be some type of proof that once we die our souls go elsewhere?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join