It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to save the Post Office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I read about a way to save the Post Office and at the same time reduce the amount of junk mail we all receive.

Imagine if 300 million people suddenly started mailing off all their "No Postage Necessary" envelopes and post cards that we all receive daily. Think about it.

How many annoying and seemingly endless credit card offers do you get each day? What if you mailed it back and enclosed a "no thank you" written on the accompanying material that doesn't identify you? If enough people started doing that, then the credit card companies would have to start reducing their unsolicited mailers to the population simply because they wouldn't be able to afford to keep paying millions of dollars in postage.

How many times have you opened up a magazine and 5 post cards drop onto the floor, all soliciting you to either renew or subscribe to the magazine? They are all "no postage required" post cards. Each time you mail one of those off, the company (addressee) has to pay the postage.

What if you told your friends and their friends told their friends and so on? If everyone started mailing off their "no postage required" envelopes and post cards we could save the Post Office AND reduce unwanted junk mail.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by coastalite

I'm not sure that you CAN save the post office.

Unless you privatize it that is. Government can't seem to run anything these days.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobbinHood
reply to post by coastalite

I'm not sure that you CAN save the post office.

Unless you privatize it that is. Government can't seem to run anything these days.

I agree, but even if the Post Office can't be saved, at least we might be able to reduce some of that unsolicited junk mail and credit card offers. Make the banks (credit card companies) pay for postage twice! They pay to mail their junk to you and they pay to have you mail their junk back to them. It's brilliant.

join