It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: 4 Ohio State University buildings closed after bomb threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I just happened to go out to the store and heard this on the radio, so I came home and did a search for it. Thought you all might like to know in case you have family there or something.

CNN) -- Four buildings on The Ohio State University campus were evacuated Tuesday after the FBI's Columbus, Ohio, bureau notified the university it had received an anonymous message that explosives were placed in the buildings, authorities said.

LINK

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Usually when there is a tip, there's no bombs.

If there is a bomb, it is a surprise. The terrorists will call and claim responsibility immediately after the bombs go off.

Nice catch. S&F!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yeah, I always wondered "if they wanted to blow something up, why the heck would they tell anybody?" If they wanted to do they would have done it already.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Too True.

The IRA used to call in there bomb threats but always used a code word that the uk police knew in advance. If the code was given then it was the real deal.

Most probably some kid trying to miss an exam.

Ill whap on fox news and let yous know if anything develops.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I seriously doubt you can send any kind of anonymous email nowadays. But no one will be arrested, I guarantee that. Because this is probably merely some kind of "drill," probably meant to impress the sheeple about how the alphabet-agencies are all working so hard to keep us 'safe.'

www.dispatch.com...
The threat came at 8:19 a.m. from an anonymous message sent to the Columbus office of the FBI, said Vernon Baisden, OSU director of public safety. .... OSU officials would not say how the threat came in, although some media outlets reported it came through an e-mail. .....Besides Ohio State police, others involved in the investigation are the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the Federal Joint Terrorism Task Force, Columbus fire and police, and the State Highway Patrol.
edit on 16-11-2010 by starviego because: (no reason given)

top topics

join