It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Star - Maitreya - UFO Video & Photos

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by solipsism

Originally posted by Cole DeSteele
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

No real science to it, if this bird, AO-40, is in a stationary orbit...then it pretty much hangs in place with the turning earth. Sats flare, or reflect sunlight, when the sun's rays hit it from beneath, making them visible in the dark or dusk / near dawn sky. If this object appears more to the West, and it is visible at dusk, then it would reflect more sunlight in the early evening to 10ish or so...not so much in the early am, as the sun is rising from the east.

If OP's object is appearing in the east...and visible as early as 6:00pm...then we must be talking about something else altogether....

The object is always in the eastern sky. It never changes location. I begin to see it from about 7pm this time of year. The only difference between 7pm and 6am is that at 6am it seems to be lower down on the horizon.
edit on 16-11-2010 by solipsism because: (no reason given)

Morning -

I checked the sky this am about 515 or so, and no luck seeing anything unusual.

If your object is always in the Eastern sky, then it is obvious that it's rotating with the earth, and something in your sky...will not be visible to me over here. Again, rules it out as a star, but not a satellite. Looking forward to your tracking tonight if possible...how's the weather across the pond today?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
my issue is that when, you prick a pin hole through a cardboard box, and set the camera up to move with that cardboard box, you get the same effect that your video of the light moving shows....The light itself isnt moving, its your camera. Or a box with a pin hole in it and a camera positioned and secured to the box.

you see if the light was the object moving, the shaking of the camera wouldnt have the exact line and form of shaking that the light has. The camera shaking (due to unsteady hands) would have a different shaking compared to the light. In this video it does not.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

Evening all, i dont think ill get chance to see anything tonight the weather hasnt been the greatest, nothing but clouds. Im really inclined to think this thing is a satellite, it would explain its elusiveness when people are trying to locate it, wether its AMSAT OSCAR 40 is another question. Do we have any satellite watchers (not sure of the proper term) that can confirm or deny this yet.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Based on it's orbit...looks like it could be visible to your east and west depending on time of day. Looks like AO-40 is not geosync, but equitorial...at night maybe could appear in the same place as it turns on itself in the east and doubles back.
www.heavens-above.com...

I took it a step further and entered Glasgow as my viewing area, and these are the times of visible passes of AO-40 for next 10 days from that location. Note: looks like this thing is NOT in the same place all the time.
www.heavens-above.com...

edit on 17-11-2010 by Cole DeSteele because: added pass info.

From Edinburgh for double check:
www.heavens-above.com...

edit on 17-11-2010 by Cole DeSteele because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
here's a video of it a guy from Holland has just posted. This video is much better quality than mine.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
For the record and I said this earlier i believe....it's been a long day
But I do not think it is the satellite that's been mentioned, or another satellite for that matter. As far as I am aware you can actually see satellites move in an arc across the sky from questions I aksed people today. And again i think the fact that this particular satellite has been in orbit since 2000, yet only started to shine in the past year or so, renders it just about impossible for it to be that satellite.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hello OP...

You said before:

"All people so far on here who have ridiculed it have offered nothing to prove to me it's Jupiter"

Sorry, but YOU are the OP so it is YOU who has the burden of "proof", or of at least putting people in a position to help you and all arrive at the truth, or make an attempt...

Recently, another ATS member posted a thread on a "mysterious" glowing object in the sky... Turned out to be Syrius...

What made that thread special was that, aside from the usual morons who criticize gratuitously, it became a sincere and very informative hunt for the truth, with pictures, charts, maps, and any other means that could be used...

In fact, some idiots made fun of the OP because of the fact that he couldn't spell some words right, and his syntax was not precisely grad-level...

BUT!!, he produced a very good quantity of photos, self-made charts, and after he (and a lot of us) learned about Stellarium, things went very well...
With the good work of some people, but above all with the SINCERE effort and interest from the OP for learning and being open to reaching out for the truth, a satisfactory conclusion was established, and we were ALL enriched by that effort and process...
In fact, my honest opinion, a high moment here in ATS...

I suggest that you put yourself to work as well... Produce some useful photos AND charts, to clearly state where this "mystery" object lies, giving especially the people that know more about these things, a chance to determine what you are talking about...

The day will come when, maybe, what you claim may happen... by then however, I fear a thread about it will be inconsequential...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by solipsism

Again, reiterating my point above: How do you know it is the same star?

How did you establish that conclusion? What charts, maps, references in the sky, etc did you use?

Share...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizenc

Again, reiterating my point above: How do you know it is the same star?

How did you establish that conclusion? What charts, maps, references in the sky, etc did you use?

Share...

Look man you don't have to believe it's the same one or not, I really couldn't care and don't really appreciate your tone either. I'll respond by saying the reason is it's the same one everyone is photographing and videoing. It behaves the same way, changes colour the same way, moves around the same way. It does all the things i've seen it do with my own eyes and claimed it does on this very thread.

Therefore if it's not the same one, then there's 2 strange objects up there behaving in ways that seem out of the ordinary. I'm perfectly willing to accept that scenario....are you?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

This is a screenshot from stellarium, it is set at @ 6am, three days ago. In the shot you can clearly see Saturn and Venus and my suspected satellite which sits in an approximate S/SE direction. You were pretty certain it wasnt any of the known planets which only really leaves the satellite as an option unless stellarium isnt showing your object.

Just to add, im only looking into this to assist you and find what youre seeing, im not in any way trying to ridicule or belittle what you are saying. Im more than happy for someone to tell me im wrong if that is the case. I find it fascinating that no-one can seem to put a definate finger on what this is.
edit on 17/11/2010 by Catch_a_Fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizenc
Hello OP...

You said before:

"All people so far on here who have ridiculed it have offered nothing to prove to me it's Jupiter"

Sorry, but YOU are the OP so it is YOU who has the burden of "proof", or of at least putting people in a position to help you and all arrive at the truth, or make an attempt...

Recently, another ATS member posted a thread on a "mysterious" glowing object in the sky... Turned out to be Syrius...

What made that thread special was that, aside from the usual morons who criticize gratuitously, it became a sincere and very informative hunt for the truth, with pictures, charts, maps, and any other means that could be used...

In fact, some idiots made fun of the OP because of the fact that he couldn't spell some words right, and his syntax was not precisely grad-level...

BUT!!, he produced a very good quantity of photos, self-made charts, and after he (and a lot of us) learned about Stellarium, things went very well...
With the good work of some people, but above all with the SINCERE effort and interest from the OP for learning and being open to reaching out for the truth, a satisfactory conclusion was established, and we were ALL enriched by that effort and process...
In fact, my honest opinion, a high moment here in ATS...

I suggest that you put yourself to work as well... Produce some useful photos AND charts, to clearly state where this "mystery" object lies, giving especially the people that know more about these things, a chance to determine what you are talking about...

The day will come when, maybe, what you claim may happen... by then however, I fear a thread about it will be inconsequential...

Well I know with 100% certainty that it's NOT Sirius, seeing that Sirius is one of the easiest stars to locate via it's position to Orion's belt, I'm not likely to make that mistake.

I don't feel the need to prove anything as I'm not claiming anything other than that there's a strange object in the night sky that behaves differently. Other people have also said on here that they've seen it and countless other people have also. So I really don't feel the need to provide further evidence on something when I only posted it out of curiosity.

The reason I so vehemently defended my position was because I knew it was not Sirius, Jupiter, Venus etc. and when people made flippant comments to the contrary then I felt it was only right to point out my perceived errors with their judgement....like people have done with me.

I also do not have the time or inclination to do what you suggest because quite frankly, if i served it up on a plate with an alien's head as decoration, people here still wouldn't believe it. So really what's the point.

I'm not trying to convert anyone, just making people aware of something i've witnessed with my own eyes for a long time and also to see if they were aware of it also. Quite frankly I have plenty faith in my own judgement and a few disparaging and slightly snide remarks from yourself and others isn't going to change that.

I can't really applaud your achievements in locating sirius in the previous thread you mentioned as like i mentioned, it's insanely easy to locate and the very fact that a bunch of you had to use stellarium and star maps to find it just beggars belief to be quite honest.

I really don't appreciate people trying to patronise me because firstly I find it hugely insulting and secondly it generally indicates the person being patronising has low self-esteem and secretly takes pleasure in being a bully and trying to belittle people. And if there's one thing I hate more than idiots, it's bullies.

I would never insult a person's intelligence in the manner you choose to do so and that's the reason I ignored this post originally. i decided to reply when you chose to re-iterate your point because despite your obvious lack of respect for the opinions of others, I felt I should defend my point....once again.

You have clearly decided not to accept anything I've shown and that's perfectly within your right, i'm still waiting to see conclusive proof from you it's a regular planetary body. If you feel that there is no burden of proof on yourself, then that only strengthens my argument that you don't know what it is, or can't disprove what I'm saying. and instead choose to niggle away at points that aren't entirely relevant.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire

This is a screenshot from stellarium, it is set at @ 6am, three days ago. In the shot you can clearly see Saturn and Venus and my suspected satellite which sits in an approximate S/SE direction. You were pretty certain it wasnt any of the known planets which only really leaves the satellite as an option unless stellarium isnt showing your object.

Just to add, im only looking into this to assist you and find what youre seeing, im not in any way trying to ridicule or belittle what you are saying. Im more than happy for someone to tell me im wrong if that is the case. I find it fascinating that no-one can seem to put a definate finger on what this is.
edit on 17/11/2010 by Catch_a_Fire because: (no reason given)

It's definitely worth more investigation however I still maintain that it can't be a satellite because it's always in the same spot. As far as I am aware, satellites move quite quickly across the sky in an arc and you can see it happen in real time.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hi solipsism- as a Scottish resident (Dundee), I have been reading this thread with interest- it seems this object has very unusual qualities in it movements (or lack of). I think its probably unlikely you will be able to view anything tonight, due to the totally foul weather, but do you intend to attempt to film or photograph the object again in the future?

Please dont be put off by a vocal minority who seem to have to 'know' the answer to everything, or dismiss anything unusual as either misidentification or a hoax- there are also plenty of people here that are prepared to listen and are interested. As far as Im concerned, you dont have to 'prove' anything- I will make my own mind up based on what evidence you are able to offer, and that includes your testimony as a witness.

Good luck,

Thunda

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

But I do not think it is the satellite that's been mentioned, or another satellite for that matter. As far as I am aware you can actually see satellites move in an arc across the sky from questions I aksed people today. And again i think the fact that this particular satellite has been in orbit since 2000, yet only started to shine in the past year or so, renders it just about impossible for it to be that satellite.

1) You again are ignoring the definition of geostationary. We've been through this already.
2) The satellite AO-40 that we have been looking at, while it may not be what you're seeing, cannot be discredited because of it's launch date. It's been stated before that this bird has been disabled for years now, which means NOONE on the ground or ANYTHING in the sky can correct it's path or keep it in a geostationary orbit. It was also stated that it has fallen into an equitorial orbit, (a path for which was posted on this page) for which it was not designed, since its failure. Do you really think it's orbit would have stayed constant all this time and is it not possible it drifted into an area visible to you and others by 2009?
3) We have also already established that this object, as stated by you, that is visible between the moon and Jupiter...or at least closer to the moon than Jupiter, is not visible from the Southern US and therefore probably an object in your sky...eliminates a star of any sort.
4) So we are left with 2 options: a satellite or a UFO. Until more evidence in the form of charts, coordinates, or at least a time and proximity to celestial landmarks are provided by you...and we are able to rule out any geostationary satellites in you area...we are at a standstill. The onus is on you to prove it is not a satellite.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

If what your seeing is the same as that guys youtube clip, then theres no way thats a satellite, and you were right its much clearer than your own video
. Im not giving up yet though, i have to find out what this is.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
O look, another youtube video by someone with no expertise in astronomy not knowing what theyre looking at and so claiming its some crazy thing that fits their world view. Never seen that before! Give me a break, its a planet or a satallite as many people have pointed out. But of course you don't want to know the "truth" you just want your "belief" to be confirmed, so you won't accept anything less. You really think that all the tons of professional and amateur astronomers out there would completely miss this object and some guy on youtube will be the only one to claim its not supposed to be there? Whatever, have fun with your delusion.
edit on 17-11-2010 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

here's a video of it a guy from Holland has just posted. This video is much better quality than mine.

www.youtube.com...

The object in this video is only in focus at :17 and :18 into the clip. The rest of the time, it is out of focus and distorted, creating an illusion of a pulsing dark center, ala the NASA tether video. There is a term for this type of blur called bokeh.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

1) You again are ignoring the definition of geostationary. We've been through this already.
2) The satellite AO-40 that we have been looking at, while it may not be what you're seeing, cannot be discredited because of it's launch date. It's been stated before that this bird has been disabled for years now, which means NOONE on the ground or ANYTHING in the sky can correct it's path or keep it in a geostationary orbit. It was also stated that it has fallen into an equitorial orbit, (a path for which was posted on this page) for which it was not designed, since its failure. Do you really think it's orbit would have stayed constant all this time and is it not possible it drifted into an area visible to you and others by 2009?
3) We have also already established that this object, as stated by you, that is visible between the moon and Jupiter...or at least closer to the moon than Jupiter, is not visible from the Southern US and therefore probably an object in your sky...eliminates a star of any sort.
4) So we are left with 2 options: a satellite or a UFO. Until more evidence in the form of charts, coordinates, or at least a time and proximity to celestial landmarks are provided by you...and we are able to rule out any geostationary satellites in you area...we are at a standstill. The onus is on you to prove it is not a satellite.

Well firstly never once did i say it was between the moon and jupiter, I said it was quite near the moon. I also never said it was closer to the moon than jupiter, on the contrary i said it was further away from the moon than jupiter. I said if Jupiter was a thumb's width from the moon, then this about the length of two buses from the moon to be precise.

I'm not ignoring the definition of geostationary, I'm just discounting it for the reasons I have already stated a few times.

I personally do not believe that it is that satellite, or any other satellite. But i'm more than willing to accept that it could possibly be a satellite. I just think the chances are that it's not. And i have seriously considered it as a possibility.

I don't need to prove it's not a satellite because I don't think it is one to begin with. all I tried to prove was that there was something out of the ordinary happening in the sky and I believe I've achieved that. If others feel differently then that's their choice and I'm happy to respect that

If this makes you feel we've reached an impasse, then so be it. i certainly don't think that's the case, on the contrary my convictions have only been strengthened, firstly by the people who also said they have seen it and secondly by the fact no one could offer me any proof that it was something ordinary and expected. And going back to your satellite point, it is something I will keep in mind as I research it further and if I do find out it's a satellite, i'll be only too happy to admit my mistake

But again, I never claimed it was anything. I just pointed it out and opened it up for discussion.

You say that the burden of proof rests solely with me though I strongly disagree with that. Plenty people offered explanations without any background information, star maps, charts etc and I was expected just to take their word for it. I've offered more information on this thread than any person debunking it, so while it may not be cast iron proof, it's certainly more than i've been offered in return. Why should people be allowed to just say it's wrong with nothing to back it up and i've just to accept that???

Out of the explanations offered up, the satellite theory is the only one with any substance in my opinion. I just don't feel that it has enough substance to accept it. But I've spent a long time looking at it from a different perspective and that's only to be expected perhaps. However until something more concrete comes up to prove convincingly that it is a satellite, I'm happy in my convictions.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

The object in this video is only in focus at :17 and :18 into the clip. The rest of the time, it is out of focus and distorted, creating an illusion of a pulsing dark center, ala the NASA tether video. There is a term for this type of blur called bokeh.

strange then how it looks exactly like the other video my friend posted. I find it bizarre that 2 different cameras, in 2 different parts of the world filming an object at different times, would suffer from the exact same aberrations. I've rarely seen this effect you speak of and i've watched countless hours of videos like this.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It could also be Mars...

Canis Major

Arcturus

or Capella.

I went outside last night too see if I could view all this fuss. I did spot it, Here in Ontario Canada.

upon some research I found the 3 stars mentioned above or at times, Mars, could have this effect!
earthsky.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join