It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Extra Dimensions Possible Next Year-CERN

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Proof of Extra Dimensions Possible Next Year-CERN

www.newsmax.com

GENEVA, Nov 15 (Reuters) - Scientists at the CERN research centre say their "Big Bang" project is going beyond all expectations and the first proof of the existence of dimensions beyond the known four could emerge next year.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Read the article.

I have to admit, that I can't wrap my mind around more dimensions.

I know that string theory postulates 9 or 11 dimensions. Once again, it's difficult for me to imagine.

But if CERN proves that extra dimensions exist, what kind of actual developments could this lead to. Will we have warp drive? Will we have faster than light communication?

Alas, we'll have to wait until next year in this continuing drama.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Holy # I am so right and worried about this. I have been telling everyone about this and boom look what happens. You doubt me and brush me aside. now what?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here you go. Some help comprehended 10 dimensions.

Cool stuff. I hope we do find something.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What if the hole doesn't close. seriously can you not imagine this? come on now. seriously, I brought this up over two years ago. come on now

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Even with help, it's difficult to wrap my head around what these other dimensions mean.

The forth dimension, time, that one's not to hard. But was is the fifth, sixth seventh and beyond?

I know that mathematically , they can be expressed as arrays , but what do the numbers actually mean to my physical reality?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Again being brushed aside, classic ats

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
What if the hole doesn't close. seriously can you not imagine this? come on now. seriously, I brought this up over two years ago. come on now

What hole??

These extra dimensions exist independant of the lhc...whether we can prove they exist or not. They are on the quantum level.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Aren't some of you amazed at how FAR behind science is to reality? The existence of dimensions has been known for thousands of years. So all of a sudden it's becoming a reality because a group of pHD nerds have detected it with their silly clunky and quite dangerous instruments.

Maybe in a few million years scientists will finally learn that their is a prime intelligence that creates and manages all Matter. It's a crime that humanity does not know about these things, given the fact that we are a part of creation itself.

You guys really need to quit this dependence on this controlled, spoon fed knowledge and get moving.

Do you know what evidence is? LEFTOVERS! Scientists spend all their resources looking for leftovers. When they find one, they call it a progressive discovery. I call it ' DIggin' up old bones' . From medical research all the way to Quantum physics. They really need to put their calculators down and start accessing the eternal knowledge within.

ALL of you people should be doing this, especially..and I mean ESPECIALLY, those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about. You truly do not have much time left....

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Holy # I am so right and worried about this. I have been telling everyone about this and boom look what happens. You doubt me and brush me aside. now what?

I think you should outline your worries w/ science for the rest of us since you know something beyond what 200 of the world's top physicists do. Maybe then people will start to listen. Otherwise, all you have are senseless ramblings.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
By what law of physics does this quantum level does not say that it can be torn? Why are we given another dimension a boundary when the laws of a 4th dimension cannot be comprehended. The laws of man? laws of time?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

First let's see if you can explain to a blind man what the Color green is. If there is a way to explain it, it can not be accomplished with words. You will simply need to do what millions have done ..which is meditate and slowly come to understand the experiences of these higher realms. The understanding that will be revealed at each level of intellect, will help you understand why your question is difficult to effectively answer.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
Aren't some of you amazed at how FAR behind science is to reality? The existence of dimensions has been known for thousands of years. So all of a sudden it's becoming a reality because a group of pHD nerds have detected it with their silly clunky and quite dangerous instruments.

Maybe in a few million years scientists will finally learn that their is a prime intelligence that creates and manages all Matter. It's a crime that humanity does not know about these things, given the fact that we are a part of creation itself.

You guys really need to quit this dependence on this controlled, spoon fed knowledge and get moving.

Do you know what evidence is? LEFTOVERS! Scientists spend all their resources looking for leftovers. When they find one, they call it a progressive discovery. I call it ' DIggin' up old bones' . From medical research all the way to Quantum physics. They really need to put their calculators down and start accessing the eternal knowledge within.

ALL of you people should be doing this, especially..and I mean ESPECIALLY, those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about. You truly do not have much time left....

And you used the internet to transmit your `rant` .......... delicious irony !

W.W.W.onderful.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

By what law of physics does this quantum level does not say that it can be torn? Why are we given another dimension a boundary when the laws of a 4th dimension cannot be comprehended. The laws of man? laws of time?

There are no boundaries. It's kind of like trying to find a solid boundary between wet sand and dry sand on the beach. It's all gradual..especially on the molecular level.

It would also be a mistake to apply physics to any understanding of true reality. It will only hold you back. Using scientific methods and theories in the understanding of higher "Dimensions" is like using crayons to paint the Mona Lisa. In Truth, the wisdom you will gain from conscious exploration of higher realms will dwarf all scientific "knowledge" accumulated by the civilized world.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Knowing more about the other dimensions can help us create so many new things.

It is like understand 3D, now we have 3D TVs.

If we can understand time more, and other dimensions which we effect, and which they effect us, then we can achieve so much beyond imagination.

We can one day probably walk from Universe to Universe, similar to today where we can call anyone around the world by a press of a button.

Quantum physics talks about parallel Universes, where other Possibilities reside, this is very important research for progress/.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

...So all of a sudden it's becoming a reality because a group of pHD nerds have detected it with their silly clunky and quite dangerous instruments.

... You guys really need to quit this dependence on this controlled, spoon fed knowledge and get moving.

... They really need to put their calculators down and start accessing the eternal knowledge within.

Bullocks.

No amount of meditation (you specifically noted "knowledge within," so correct me if I'm wrong) will teach you how to harness electricity, calculate trajectory, build an airplane, etc.

Why don't you specifically state what it is we're all missing that you happen to know? Please don't spew psuedo-guru mumbling at us either.

edit on 15-11-2010 by Protostellar because: grammar

Originally posted by oozyism

Knowing more about the other dimensions can help us create so many new things.

It is like understand 3D, now we have 3D TVs.

If we can understand time more, and other dimensions which we effect, and which they effect us, then we can achieve so much beyond imagination.

We can one day probably walk from Universe to Universe, similar to today where we can call anyone around the world by a press of a button.

Quantum physics talks about parallel Universes, where other Possibilities reside, this is very important research for progress/.

WOOT! I support your post.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Protostellar because: addition

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

And you used the internet to transmit your `rant` .......... delicious irony !

W.W.W.onderful.

I use the internet to observe the progress of human conscience. Every once and a while, I feel the need to communicate my feelings on important matters. Anyway, what does that have to do with anything?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I use the internet to observe the progress of human conscience. Every once and a while, I feel the need to communicate my feelings on important matters. Anyway, what does that have to do with anything?

The history/development of the Internet can be traced back to C.E.R.N .

"I use the internet to observe the progress of human conscience"

Forgive me but that sounds rather pretentious

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Here you go. Some help comprehended 10 dimensions.

Cool stuff. I hope we do find something.

I love this video...but it covers the topic from 1 vantage point only: that all dimensions are spatial. It doesn't even touch on the inclusion of temporal dimensions in its model.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

There are no boundaries. It's kind of like trying to find a solid boundary between wet sand and dry sand on the beach. It's all gradual..especially on the molecular level.

It would also be a mistake to apply physics to any understanding of true reality. It will only hold you back. Using scientific methods and theories in the understanding of higher "Dimensions" is like using crayons to paint the Mona Lisa. In Truth, the wisdom you will gain from conscious exploration of higher realms will dwarf all scientific "knowledge" accumulated by the civilized world.

So what is your proof that a tear could not happen then...???

<<   2  3 >>

join