It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Exorcists in U.S. and Europe Holding Conferences to Discuss Surge in Demonic Activity.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Catholic Exorcists in U.S. and Europe Holding Conferences to Discuss Surge in Demonic Activity.

www.datelinezero.com

In countries around the world, exorcists are gathering to discuss the sudden surge in demand for their services. They are also planning to discuss the lack of formally trained exorcists, as well as common misconceptions of what an exorcist really does.
While there had been a decline in the numbers of exorcists worldwide, this is changing today. Since 1999 the number of Polish exorcists has surged from 30 to over a 100, for example.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.catholicreview.org
www.catholicnews.com
www.washingtontimes.com
www.catholicnewsagency.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Catholic bishops: More exorcists needed
Panic as Massive Possession Grips School
Chief exorcist: Devil operates at the highest levels of the Vatican

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
After stories like the one about the possession gripping more than a dozen girls in that school in Trinidad and Tobago, and that incident in France where several people jumped out a window after they through they saw a demon, I tend to wonder what incidents we aren't hearing about.

There must be significant things afoot, because the demand for the services of an exorcist has spiked all over the world. Meetings are being held this week in Boston, Warsaw, and apparently elsewhere.

Increase in all sorts of things, from UFOs to demons. Strange things are afoot, and preparations are being made...

I added links to recent threads about American bishops saying "more exorcists needed," and the story "Panic as Massive Possession Grips School." The comment from the American bishops is obviously related, but I think the other story is related as well.

www.datelinezero.com

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Like malachi martin says, priests are not even taught anymore that evil exists. Remember they too are mesmerised by tv too, as they are humans like you and i. All priests like all humans think about sex.

The modern priest does not believe in evil.

That says it all.
edit on 11/15/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

In the Islamic world there is starting to be a surge too. Starting to get some full timers going out here, and sometimes up to 40 in one city, though not all full time.

I've talked with one and he reckons in 6 years of regularly attending exorcisms only 4-5 were real, the rest required medical attention. But that the number being required is growing as are the number of real cases.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Has anyone ever noticed that only Catholics and Christians ever get possessed by demons? Ever seen a pagan possessed by a demon? I had a vision a long time ago in which a church had everyone in it trapped, and all were being tortured by demons. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but this brought it to mind again. Are the demons coming for those who believe in them and give them power? Maybe so, i will be watching this.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I've seen non-believers feel the effects of possession, though people are less likely to take it in 'religious' flavour if they don't believe.

Islam goes into massive detail on what possession is and how it works. For instance the Jinn, which are the ones doing the possessing can be of any creed colour or race, they can be buddhist and speak mandarin, but then why would a buddhist possess someone, so this is of course rare.

For instance again some people black out when they go into a rage, rage is seen as a very negative emotion to them because you risk letting a Jinn take control of you momentarily and lashing out.

Interesting subject all around really

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Using the board to promote another thread completely off topic is against the rules my friend

To the OP maybe it has something to do with the desperate times, people seem to fall back on our most basic and tribal of thought processes when things start getting dire, a defense mechanism of sorts i suppose......

However this is an interesting side effect
edit on 15-11-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Funny you should mention Father Malachi Martin, he says there millions of people walking around today who are what he calls perfectly possessed, he says that these people have made a deal with the devil whether they realize it or not.

His expose on the Vatican is also very interesting, his book Windswept House is still available on amazon, I have all his interviews he did with Art Bell before he passed away.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Although it seems to be true for possession to occur in more religiously inclined people because their self-taught fear of demons, devils and sin gives these spirits power to overtake them (the Law of Radiation and Attraction: like attracts like), as you adequately put; it shouldn't be so quickly assumed that the so-called Pagans don't get their fair share. They just may call their "demons" by different names, and their relationship to them may also differ to that of most "Christians". Pagans just seem to be more open-minded, tolerant, respectful of nature, etc; whereas Christians (Catholics, specially) are more fear driven.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Has anyone ever noticed that only Catholics and Christians ever get possessed by demons? Ever seen a pagan possessed by a demon? I had a vision a long time ago in which a church had everyone in it trapped, and all were being tortured by demons. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but this brought it to mind again. Are the demons coming for those who believe in them and give them power? Maybe so, i will be watching this.

Of the world's twelve main religions, only four have no exorcism rites.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Has anyone ever noticed that only Catholics and Christians ever get possessed by demons? Ever seen a pagan possessed by a demon?

Santeria and voudoun are rife with possession stories. Heck, it's standard practice to be ridden by a Lwa during larger ceremonies - while the Lwa are not demons per se the mechanism is the same for demon possession in those religions.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You're right. I just wasn't considering Santeria, Macumba, Umbanda, Candomble, and the like to be "Pagan". Although they'd certainly be considered heathen by most Christians (if not all).

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Nobody thinks this has to do with all the "Possession/Demonic" movies coming out?

Shiiiiiiiiit I'm looking at a movie called "Possession of [insert name here]" from Blockbuster......

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Ever seen a pagan possessed by a demon?

They are already following the devil and are under demonic control, so there is no need. Once you separate yourself from the world (beast) system then you are at a greater risk for attack because it is only then that you realize how corrupt and unnatural things truly are.

If you have ever been sick including the common cold then you have been touched by a demon.

In the system, pseudo people have the rule over the populace and the abnormalities are normalized into a pseudo life which is really death. Knowledge builds its own cage as in "ignorance is bliss". However, there is no escape even for the naive, because eventually people realize something just isn't right.

Note: Abraham Lincoln was a vampire hunter after being a slave to them for 30 years.

edit on 15-11-2010 by Siren because: To add "Note"

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RKallisti
reply to post by Bedlam

You're right. I just wasn't considering Santeria, Macumba, Umbanda, Candomble, and the like to be "Pagan". Although they'd certainly be considered heathen by most Christians (if not all).

The 'real' Pagan religion (followers of Thor!) wear the bear-sark in battle, and were possessed by the spirits of animals. Not exactly the same as a demon, I suppose.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I know why this is happening.

But you are not going to like my answer.

Hell is coming closer to earth in the form of a dimensional portal. THe LHC will open it around 2012. Lost you yet?

Revelation is about to happen. Evil wants to get out finally. The scariest thing in the universe is not the fact that hell exist is the fact that God does overall.

Again I probably lost you. So what. who cares. I only talk to those who want to listen.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

The 'real' Pagan religion (followers of Thor!) wear the bear-sark in battle, and were possessed by the spirits of animals.

Perhaps, that is why to this day animal symbols are used. America has the eagle, and throughout the history you can find symbols of lions, bulls and or cows, bears, oh and "man's best friend: dogs, bugs (all sorts, but, especially flies), etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mother1138

After stories like the one about the possession gripping more than a dozen girls in that school in Trinidad and Tobago, and that incident in France where several people jumped out a window after they through they saw a demon, I tend to wonder what incidents we aren't hearing about.

There must be significant things afoot, because the demand for the services of an exorcist has spiked all over the world. Meetings are being held this week in Boston, Warsaw, and apparently elsewhere.

Increase in all sorts of things, from UFOs to demons. Strange things are afoot, and preparations are being made...

I added links to recent threads about American bishops saying "more exorcists needed," and the story "Panic as Massive Possession Grips School." The comment from the American bishops is obviously related, but I think the other story is related as well.

www.datelinezero.com

Uhm... The tying about seeing the devil in Paris, well...

Paris, Oct 24 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Eleven members of a family jumped out of a window of their home on Paris’ outskirts fearing a ‘devil’ was attacking them. One of them – a four-month-old girl – died.

The incident took place in La Verriere town when a woman mistook her African-born husband, who was naked at that time, for a ‘devil’ and began crying loudly, waking up the other people in the house.

The man had woken up at night to feed their infant daughter.

A clash broke out in the house, leading to the man being stabbed and thrown out of the house. His attempt to break in scared his family members and 11 of them jumped out of the window.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Hell is coming closer to earth in the form of a dimensional portal. THe LHC will open it around 2012. Lost you yet?

I believe portals have opened and have been opening for some time. It could be that the space program punched a hole (not just ozone) which has drawn a bullseye on earth and now, we are open to every thing that is out there. Just look at the UFO reports, the increase in UFO's is proportionate to NASA's ventures into space. I suspect there are more of them. The protection for earth has been removed.

Global warming may just be earth moving into the realm of "hell".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join