It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workers 'beat boss to death' in India

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Workers 'beat boss to death' in India

au.news.yahoo.com

Staff wielding iron bars allegedly beat to death an executive at an Indian-Japanese firm outside New Delhi, in protest against the sacking of fellow employees, newspapers said on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Now CEO's would think differently on cutting jobs, instead of their own pay packet if they knew this would happen.
So many times we hear massive profits being made,and in the same line justify cutbacks.
Yes its extream measure,but hey so is deciding to take someones livelihood away.
Watch out CEOs everywhere.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that the guy was beaten to death because of something else he did? I'm sure genuine investigative reporting would uncover an array of negative conditions and rights violations this man was getting away with. What ever he did last was just the last straw.

Good luck to the next manager!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Amidst all the doom and gloom posts here, we finally have one that gives us hope...let's see if it becomes the norm.

Thank you for this inspirational thread...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

People who think this is great are utterly horrible people.

What if the executive at the company was not the person responsible for making the decision to fire people, what if he just had to relay the message?

They could go and try for new jobs, this is murder and murder should never be applauded.

Who are we to judge this man and think he should get the death penalty.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowScholar

I have it on good word that facelift is not an utterly horrible person, but rather someone who believes that sarcasm is the drink of the day, every day...regardless of the topic.

Try it out - take a swig...you'll find you can stomach the discussions around here much easier, and getting offended will be a thing of the past.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I was about to jump in and agree with it all, but your post honestly brought me back to reality. I know nothing of the situation first hand, so it would have been wrong for me to agree with their actions. Murder is not the only option they had, to be sure. Perhaps a strike would have sufficed, but I don't know how that would go over in that part of the world.

But I must say, it is more than likey just dark sarcasm on the part of the members here applauding the situation.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Hey facelift, not targeting you here, but some people really do get off on these 'rich and elite CEO's' (the guy was in human resources) getting hurt.

If you'll share your sarcasm drink, i've brought some booze along for the ride, I'll even share

Seriously though, imagine the combination you'd get if you mixed those. My grandmothers humour hahahaha

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

I have it on good word that facelift is not an utterly horrible person, but rather someone who believes that sarcasm is the drink of the day, every day...regardless of the topic.

Try it out - take a swig...you'll find you can stomach the discussions around here much easier, and getting offended will be a thing of the past.

I actually thought you were seriously, damn, I shouldn't have given you that star.

Seriously

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

Hey ML

I truly have some of the worst black humour ever, it is truely bad

I just got all serious over the fact this is written as some CEO hotshot getting what was coming to him, when it was a HR guy sitting down eating his lunch and was apparently unprovoked.

I wouldn't provoke 400 people with poles even though i think i'm the greatest ninja since that one no one has ever heard of or seen.

It shocked me the way it came across versus what the real story is so i wrote what i wrote, i love you guys really

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyismoffended will be a thing of the past.

I actually thought you were seriously, damn, I shouldn't have given you that star.

Seriously

No worries ooz - I'll hit up your profile and star 2 of your posts that seem as asinine as mine...this shouldn't take longer than a minute - brb.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Sarcasm was intended in the previous post

second line

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
@iceblue

Now CEO's would think differently on cutting jobs, instead of their own pay packet if they knew this would happen.

I'd have to believe that threatening, however subtle, the life of one's boss isn't the best way to keep one's job.

edit on 15-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
As i said its extream.
Striking or other action would be much better.
Do you think we will see more of this (maybe not so extream) as companys start trimming the fat to maintain profit margins?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

Since I don't know the facts of the story first hand, I guess I just don't want to jump to the conclusion that the staff was wrong to kill the manager.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Very interesting article. one can only specualte whats going on. IN work places, by majorrity, no one gets hurt like that in the corporate world, unless they had it coming to them. I work for a cvs pharmacy, management,f or 16 years now. many times, ive gone too our human resources guy, from in store abusice things used agiasnt me. they dont want lawsuits, and they know if yuo cant afford one, they will try n make it worse for you, not helping you.
Being in retail, many employees make it hard for others..its not as clean as you might think. looks like ahppy environment, but in reality, its near boarder line violent behind closed doors. my state was zero help, in fact, seemed to be backing up the company. i can file for example, papers and all, but would have to have proof* not like i walk around with a camera all the time. but many times, i was verbally talked dwon to and absued for working so hard in that place, i actually had thoughts and dreams of killing my manager...it was that bad, to arsoning the building down to the ground. yeah ide be in big trouble, but thoguht, when the news people come down, im gunna sing like a bird too, as to how evil and maliscous people an be, and uncarring about thier employees.
of course, ide loose alot of sleep, but rationalize to myself, this is not the answer at all. it would bring me down below their level. so in regards to this articel..my experiences made me think as to what happened here in this article. laying off people left n rights, sounds like if he didnt, he was gunna loose some salary, kickbacks maybe, and maybe hsi job as a result...and as it goes in any corporate job..it goes down the ladder, never up.
i do know in places like India, its known as sweatshopland* so id ont know if this was over wages, abuse on the job, a compiliation of it all, or the CEO's own jerky cocky attitude no one liked who knows.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
For the rocrd* verbal abuse ..means being pushed into a corner by manager and assitaint, 2 times my size, looking vey angry adn smiling while telling you you should just quit, yuor never gunna be anything or no one, yuo cant do it, et out now* so they can have illegaly empoyed employees* at least this was my case. theyde make fun, do things to aggitate me, manager would blame it all on me, if i ever fought back, ide be terminated or a freind of their would be watiing outside, which did happen once* but he left in a car yelling slurs at me out loud.
violence in the workplace* a thing places like CVS pharmacy seem to encourage, typical of corporate america in my opinion* god knows what was going on behind closed doors their inn INdia

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Depending on the context the death won't be something to shed a tear over...
edit on 15-11-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowScholar

Hey facelift, not targeting you here, but some people really do get off on these 'rich and elite CEO's' (the guy was in human resources) getting hurt.

Most of the rich and elite CEO's get off on the common man getting hurt.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I don't believe that violence in this case would be appropriate. He's just an H/R manager...they have their managers and their bosses too. I've worked in H/R and it's probably one of the most obnoxious jobs one can have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join