It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. offers Israel warplanes in return for new settlement freeze

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

U.S. offers Israel warplanes in return for new settlement freeze

www.haaretz.com

Netanyahu presents security cabinet with Clinton's incentive of 20 F-35 fighter planes and security guarantees in exchange for 90-day West Bank building moratorium.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rt.com

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The United States of America is giving Israel $3 billion dollars for what they should have been doing anyway, to talk peace. I believe this is just an excuse for something that they were going to get anyway and cover it up with some bull# altruistic motive.

This is a trade of war planes for peace agreements (LOL).

From RT source (link below)

­Washington has put 20 stealth fighter jets worth $3 billion on the table, as well as a pledge to fight any international resolutions against Israel. In exchange, it wants Israel to halt construction in the West Bank for three months, with a US promise not to ask to prolong it further.

Who would be stupid to refuse this deal? 3 billion dollars to stop construction work for 90 days and veto any resolution against Israel. They can easily start the construction after 90 days and keep the 3 billion dollars of US taxpayers.

At what point is the word extortion appropriate?

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

it's not the planes that bugs me, it is the "pledge to fight any international resolutions against Israel."

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There's gonna be war within three months. I don't see how to interpret this differently. What's the point of freezing settlement construction for 90 days with a promise of not asking an extension? Basically, they ask Israel to postpone construction for three months in exchange for $3 billion.

The US is seriously f$cked up.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is clearly more smoke and mirrors and a waste of American tax payers money. It disgusts me that countries such as USA and Canada will defend Israeli actions at all costs. The average citizen should be disgusted that the American government would go out of their way to fight the "delegitimization of Israel" when we all know that Israel is a despicable regime who lacks the essential characteristic of human dignity. This is just like the US government protecting the Nazis after WW2 which is being discussed in a thread on here currently. Once the 90 days are up the ZIONAZIS will go right back to bulldozing neighbourhoods and continue building. Will the USA then offer another incentive to freeze building. I wonder what the bigger picture is here, because it is obvious that the American government does not really care whether or not the expansion of settlements stop. Could Obama and friends be looking for any reason to give away American tax payer's money? This is sickening while your war vets struggle to get the medical help they need your government is throwing money to the ZIONAZIS when the money can be spent at home on much more logical needs. I must admit I am very wound up at the moment. This is happening while the Canadian Prime-minister Stephen Harper "defend Israel whatever the cost". It angers me that our politicians are making decisions on their own personal beliefs and do not reflect the opinions of the majority of the population. It makes me even more angry that it is clearly obvious what is going on and yet they continue to do it and we do nothing about it. Sad thing is nothing can be done.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Israel is just astate of usa, so why is this rubbish always put out about how they are allies or something.

Amazing.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

According to "The Cable" blog, White House Middle East adviser Dan Shapiro told a group of American Jewish leaders on Friday that U.S. was committed to fighting delegitimization of Israel, and listed recent efforts to advocate on behalf of Israel.

Such efforts included: curbing actions by the United Nations on the Goldstone Report; blocking anti-Israel UN resolutions concerning the Gaza flotilla raid; defeating international resolutions aimed at exposing Israel's nuclear program at the International Atomic Energy Agency; and strengthening pressure on Iran and Syria in regards to their nuclear and proliferation activities.

Wow? Defeating international resolutions aimed at exposing Isreal's nuclear program? Whilst strengthening pressure on Iran's nuclear program?

Just does not compute.....

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

WHAT ? Ok , this is ridiculous. I have a great idea everybody... rather than just insisting that Israel start doing the moraly acceptable thing, and just STOP thier building on illegaly occupied land, lets give them some warplanes in exchange for doing so. Lets give them death dealing flying machines in exchange for them doing what they should already be doing FOR NOTHING!!!! Great idea, now they dont have to build on Palestinian land to oppress thier neighbors. They can just pummel the hell out of them with high explosives and incendiary cannon rounds, great plan... Just awe inspiring bloody IDIOCY !
The deal should have been this:

Clinton: "Well , as you know, I have always been a friend to this nation, and this peace process, so Im gonna do the only thing I have left up my well pressed sleeves."

Israeli representative: " Oh good, last time we did pretty well out of a statement like that! "

Clinton: "Yeeeaah.... noticed that. On this occasion , Im gonna suggest, that you just stop your settlement planning, or myself and everyone else in the democratised world, is gonna insist that the UN take over your border controls, and hammer your oppression tactics every time you try and use em. I WILL have peace in my time, or so help me God, if you make that hard enough, I will ensure that both Israel and freakin Palestine get turned to smoking glass . At least the region will be peacefull that way. Its up to you at the end of the day. Play nice, or play dead. "

Clinton needs to stop treating Israel like a spoiled child, and start DEMANDING some damned cooperation where the peace process is concerned. Its already been proven time and again that the Israelis cant be trusted to even clean a gun without totaly destroying a residential area of Palestine, and they arent going to continue to hold true to any stoppage to thier building schemes. Similarly its been proven time and again that unless Israel uses the full wieght of its passive defence tech , its going to be hit by uncontrolable factions of extremist groups, firing crappy home made rockets across the border.
I say make it clear to both parties that the only choice other than an immediate end to hostility , blockades, bombings, shootings, and general inflamatory behaviour on either of thier parts, is total , utter, and inescapable oblivion. Maybe then , FINALY they will both think about putting down the sabres and getting around the table. Dont get me wrong, its not ideal, but to be quite honest, this has gone far enough.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Well, to be frank, this had every chance to happen years ago when Clinton was still a republican teen.
My gut has been telling me for a while now that Isreal has some pretty heavy black mail going on against the US.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The article from 'The Irish Times' is imho better than the one from the israeli news website.

In return for a new building freeze, the administration of President Barack Obama will press Congress to approve the transfer to Israel of an additional 20 F-35 stealth fighter jets. Israel, which last month signed an agreement to purchase 20 such jets from the US, will receive the jets free of charge, in a deal worth $3 billion.

In addition, the US will provide wider security guarantees in the event of a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians. Washington will also veto anti-Israel motions at the UN, and block any Palestinian move to seek Security Council recognition for an independent state outside the framework of bilateral negotiations.

I'm kind of speechless. There are not a lot of reactions to this offer from Obama. Only a few Media Sides reporting it. Some Websites only talk about the stealth jets and don't mention the rest.

Weird

edit on 15-11-2010 by TheDeader because: typos - emphasis

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I believe the US has also just announced it will be stockpiling 400 million worth of weapons in Israel for 'safekeeping.' Couple this with the contracts signed a few months ago that guarantee Israel massive amounts of high octane jet fuel and you have interesting times indeed.

www.jta.org...

The new equipment, which will arrive in Israel over the next two years, will be available to Israel in the event of an emergency. It will bring to $1.2 billion the amount of American military equipment being stockpiled in Israel by 2012.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I should add that the reason why the fuel sale was suspicious was because it was considerably higher than usual.

www.freerepublic.com...

lastbesthope.sayanythingblog.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Wow, I can't believe it... I really had no idea such negotiations were going on between Israel and North America.
I can't believe this is even legal... Whats the point of the negotiation? 3 months then what? What is going to happen?

SIHTF...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if Iran was building settlements in Iraq or Pakistan. or maybe North Korea building settlements in South Korea. or Venezuela bulldozing in Brazil.
completely unacceptable anywhere else except Israel...
Unbelievable.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
don't we already owe brits f 35s for their 2 new carriers cause last i heard they were being put to sea without planes because there was a major delay in delivering them the f 35s. so they werebeing out fitted with helicopters instead

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Isn't it obvious what They're trying to do, those wascally powers-that-be? They've been doing everything They can lately to annoy everyone, to drive us all over the edge. TSA scanners and gropers, paying Israel to murder children, bailouts for global banksters, destroying the economy, the Tea Party, the false left-right paradigm, pitting everyone against each other; They are trying to incite civil war here. They're almost desperate for it, from all appearances. How else can you explain our own government's behavior (and don't forget, it ain't any American who controls it)? They want us to fight back so They have an excuse to implement Their martial law plans and take our guns and finally get some use out of all those FEMA camps They've been building "for illegal immigrants." I guess They didn't count on the amazing laziness and apathy of Their slaves. it's going to take a LOT to get outright rebellion and revolt in this country, so They're going to keep piling on more and more BS until our spines are severed and our tempers snap and we GIVE Them an excuse to take us all out. Which They most assuredly already can do. You see, if They attack us first, it's over for Them. They'll have no legitimacy to stand on after that. The world would take 'Em out. So They have to goad us into the first strike and make their response look like "self-defense" before Their global domination plans can conclude.

Don't give in to violence, Americans. Don't give Them the excuse to kill us and enslave whoever survives, because that's exactly what They're waiting for. Ex-Blackwater shock troops are standing by...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Here we can see both Republicans and Democrats face. Democratic Clinton giving free of cost 3 billion worth of weaponry and fight any resolutions against Israel and Republican leader Eric Cantor pledging to favor Israel interest against his own President and USA citizens.

Eric Cantor soon-to-be GOP House Majority Leader pledged allegiance to Israel against interest of American people and President of USA. Eric pledged to oppose his own President and country to favor Israel.

Soon-to-be GOP House Majority Leader Eric Cantor met on Wednesday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu -- the same day when the actual U.S. Secretary of State met with Netanyahu -- and vowed that he and his GOP colleagues would protect and defend Israeli interests against his own Government.

The soon to be elected house major leader even proposed not classifying money transferred to Israel as aid so no tax cuts are done on it which will affect US citizens.

Anticipating that the extreme austerity measures which his party is demanding might sweep up foreign aid -- and therefore threaten the billions of dollars every year in American taxpayer money transferred to Israel -- Cantor last month proposed that money to Israel not be classifed any longer as "foreign aid" -- in order to shield it from all cuts. In other words, Cantor wants American citizens to sacrifice in the extreme, to lose all sorts of benefits and security in the name of austerity, but wants to shield Israel -- with a higher standard of living -- from those cuts.

If this is not treason then what is? Criticizing and pledging to oppose own President and government of foreign soil?

It raises a very important question why the Democrats and Republicans are lapping up to Israel and who is actually controlling the strings here. The actions of Democrats and Republicans doesn't seem to suggest they are in any way concerned about American citizens interest. The question is why?

Maybe it's time to get rid of both the parties and usher in a new era of someone who actually works for USA. Both parties have shown they are more concerned about a foreign country even at the expense of loss to USA. This "loss" is not just monetary and economic but even security.

What makes Cantor's behavior all the more remarkable is that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict which the Obama administration is ostensibly attempting to resolve is, as Gen. David Petraeus himself pointed out, a direct threat to U.S. interests and security.

www.salon.com...

Let's make a very simple list:
1) Countries US fought for on behalf of Israel + Favors USA did for Israel
2) Countries Israel fought for on behalf of USA + Favors Israel did for USA

There's our answer!
edit on 16-11-2010 by I AM LEGION because: Tags

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The whole deal smells. it's like telling your local burglar you'll give him some new guns or a getaway car if he'll stop breaking into your neighbor's houses.

How long do you think it will be before Israel decides to use those nice,new,shiny planes they get against the Palestinians? Or maybe the planes are being given to them to used against someone else(think proxy war).

Which ever way you slice it, it sounds like a sideways move towards war if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
my apologies to the OP.
I just posted a twin of this article
cuz I didn't find it in the search
function.

But star and flag to ya.

what the hell is wrong with this picture?
we can't support ourselves
and the gov is just giving away
20 fighter jets to Israel???
Have they lost their freakin mind???
I think Colon Powell was right,
Obama is insane !!!!
and everybody else who had anything
to do with this deal.

You chose a side and it wasn't the
American side !!! You're traitors !!!

new topics

top topics