It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do debunkers have a opinion about a conspiracy if they do not think there real

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This is a hard question . I find debunking a new hot thing to do now days .

What happen to letting someone say what they wanted and just having a good time reading without saying a word?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by williamAmerican

why do debunkers have a opinion about a conspiracy if they do not think there real

Because not believing in a conspiracy (much like believing in one) is an opinion. One which should be shared.

What happen to letting someone say what they wanted and just having a good time reading without saying a word?

...Because this site's about denying ignorance, remember?

There's no point of having this website at all if only one viewpoint of any one subject were to be displayed.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
because most if not all of it is SOOOO far fetched that people are streching and tearing away at the conspiracies core. Take 9-11 for instance, There were no planes, it was a nuke, the buildings were demolished by explosives, the planes were UAVs, the plane shot a lazer before hitting the building, the plane shot a missile before hitting the building, there were no planes only cruise missiles, The pentagon was blown up from a bomb, a cruise missile hit the pentagon, a UAV hit the pentagon.

Catch my drift?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think its deeper than that . I think sometimes when the world has bad news and a new conspiracy comes out people want to prove its not right to keep the old way of life

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Because some people are so outrageously stupid and ask absolutely ridiculously stupid questions. A bit like this one. If you ask a question, you will get an opinion. Whether its a stupid question or not.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I think its deeper than that . I think sometimes when the world has bad news and a new conspiracy comes out people want to prove its not right to keep the old way of life

Yeah, but if that does occur (and IMO it does occur minimally) that doesn't mean we should simply reject what they are saying, after all they could be right. Simply rejecting it because you disagree with debunking or the reason for debunking is wrong is it not? Disagreeing because you looked into it or because really do believe the debunker is so clearly wrong IS the way to go, surely?

EDIT: I get the impression from what you’re saying, you disagree with debunkers simply because they are debunking.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Debunkers are not disbelievers. Most debunkers want to filter out the 99.999% bunk that is out there in order to direct people to the truth. Unfortunately there's not much truth out there.

May I add that looking at debunkers / skeptics as people on a rival team devalues their input and isolates the truth further.

They are not "the debunkers". They are people who sift through bunk with a fine toothed comb and save researchers vital hours / days / weeks or more following a bad line of thought. It seems that they debunk everything and that should speak volumes. Just about everything is bunk.

If anything, thank them. Money can be spent and replenished but time is not something that can be replaced.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I wonder why so many skeptics and debunkers would join a conspiracy forum? Why not join Fox or CNN forums instead?

must be a ego driven thing,
Here to save ya all Conspiracy Theorists from yourselves.........

The only thing I don't like about them is it seems that they don't want discussion about certain topics...

edit on 15-11-2010 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

It's about a free exchange of ideas. I could come on here and post my conversations with the High Commander of the InterGalactic Fleet (which I have done). My post would then be up for scrutiny. If a debunker questions my story and I have no facts to back it up, well so be it.

This board is not meant to be one way conversations, it is a place to learn and to deny ignorance. Sometimes you have to weed out the BS to find the truth.

End communication...
edit on 15-11-2010 by Feltrick because: Forgot a line

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
How many people saw the economic problems coming ? Before 2005 they was nothing but a Tin Hat conspiracy to talk about

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I think it's arrogance and insecurity (among other traits) because I've often wondered the same thing.

If I don't believe in something (say, religion) the last thread I'd find appealing is a 'pro-Jesus' to sound off on.

So I think it's a little bit of a need for attention, perhaps a need to feel validated by others and maybe they are the ones who just possess that argumentative gene!

But you pose a question that's always boggle my mind too!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
1st off, is this a rant?

2nd, because people like to claim something that isnt. i like to be curious and read and give the OP benefit of the doubt. but alot of times theyre exagerating, or hoaxing.

3rd, nice avatar RA. ready for that jfk thread

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Im not really sure where this is going. I believe in aliens but i don't believe in ghosts or the 9/11 conspiracy. That doesn't make me a skeptic, its just makes me skeptical about 9/11 conspiracies and ghosts. The same as you may be a passionate believer of the 9/11 conspiracy but think im stupid for believing in aliens. Not everyone who joins this site thinks that every mortal thing that happens is a conspiracy of some sort.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I find it silly about debunking

If they do not think its real . why bother . lol

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
Im not really sure where this is going. I believe in aliens but i don't believe in ghosts or the 9/11 conspiracy. That doesn't make me a skeptic, its just makes me skeptical about 9/11 conspiracies and ghosts. The same as you may be a passionate believer of the 9/11 conspiracy but think im stupid for believing in aliens. Not everyone who joins this site thinks that every mortal thing that happens is a conspiracy of some sort.

I have never studied 911 . so I do not know about that . I think I will let that be studied by smart conspiracy people who know a lot about that subject .

I am just talking about anything . If any new conspiracy gets posted . A debunking statement will be posted after . even if its real .

Just like If NASA was not known to the public . And it was secret . but someone says a rocket from nasa go to space and he posted it ...but people who just get on the computer and watch tv never did see it ...they COULD debunk it ..it was not known to many ..but only to the person

see how easy it is to debunk what u do not know

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by williamAmerican

Wow, how can anyone think debunking is silly.. Or even the wrong appoach to things?

Debunking something means proving something to be false. Now, how can that be bad? In fact, Isn't that why we're members here on ATS? To find truth and expose the false...

Gaahh, my head hurts....

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
think about if the government never did tell us about TVS. But in 2011 some guy saw someone with a tv and watching something

he then posted it on a forum . but everyone debunked it . why ? they did not know what a TV was . this is fake . but its just shows u how easy it could be to debunk anything
edit on 15-11-2010 by williamAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

So according to you we should still believe in the flat Earth theory. I mean, why bother arguing that the Earth is round.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick

So according to you we should still believe in the flat Earth theory. I mean, why bother arguing that the Earth is round.

that was a not a conspiracy . The earth was round was based on the maps and the way the earth looked from the sea level

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
How much debunking has proven any conspiracy false ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join