It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ripping on Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I never EVER want Canadians and US to fight against each other!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm American and we do it as a joke! And its mainly to make fun of the french in your country. As they treat us like crap in their country. French people : O you Americans are beating up on the poor middle easterners then bam they get hit by terrorist lol and ask us for our help after they treated every American that came into their country like crap during the bush years like we had anything to do with what happened.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

You need to grow up!

Second line

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
Canada has givin' us the greatest t.v. show ever made Trailer Park Boys. I will never rip on Canada again. editby]edit on 14-11-2010 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

I agree... I love TPBs!!

I remember when I was younger I met some french canadians while on vacation in florida... I assumed all canadians were arrogant a-holes like that for a while... but now that i'm older and wiser
I'm glad we have Canada as a neighbor! You're quiet, friendly, and you don't try to sneak into our country to steal our jobs

edit on 14-11-2010 by casijones because: ehh...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
As a born and raised Canadian I think I can answer this question...in three parts.

First and foremost, American tv picks on Canada because we let them. You see, Americans laughing at Canadians makes us frown in public but in private we all smack ourselves on the back, and point and laugh at them in return. Watch the show see the stereotype, or hear Tucker Carlson (long should he burn in a firey hell) speak and what do you register as a Canadian? Laughter! Because how dumb are those guys eh? Americans making jokes at our expense is like a silver medalist taking a dig at gold winner. Jealousy.

Which leads into part two, entitled fittingly enough "Jealousy". Take a look at USA, now at Canada, back to the USA, now back to Canada, don't you wish your country looked like Canada? Well it can't, back to your country, back to Canada, but with old spice at least your country can smell like Canada. Second largest land area...just sayin. But seriously, with a semi stable economy, a dollar near par, a leaky healthcare system, and a national past time far surpassing baseball and football in excitement level, you understand they would of course be jealous. Not even mentioning the many spectacular natural wonders, beautiful women and the respect for other cultures that seem to be a bone of contention down that way.

Finally, and probably most important the fact that America views itself as the center of the universe. Some days I believe they are surprised to find anyone lives above their country. Or anywhere else in the world. I understand though, being a major player on the world stage has it's drawbacks. Imagine being handed so much power, your sure god wouldn't mess with you. Playing the game of detante and M.A.D fighting proxy wars, spreading democracy, and actually helping some people, while also harming others. It's tough, we get that you forgot about us, don't worry we're awesome.

Canada is cool,( how many nations have an all olympics party) we screw up to though, sigh, it's true. The USA is cool too, they just need to tone it down. Make fun of us sure, but just know we understand, it's not easy living next to such a good example. (Note to Americans, I love your country, but what's with calling it a"ruff" it's roof eh!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join