It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2,000-year-old tunnel under Teotihuacan ruins has a perfectly carved arch roof

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

This is an amazing location and one of the most convincing evidence of super human intelligence.
If it were created by humans that particular brand of human is no longer with us. We see flashes of insight and genius among humans but we can hardly say this is the norm. We appear to be cheap imitations of those humans. Or perhaps our DNA has lost some of it's oomph in the translation, or watering down.
Or perhaps they were not human at all.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

The problem is, you can't really say he's wrong, because what he believes is driven by his perception of the scientific community.

The original comment was:

my beef is that the archaeologists blantantly label things and then strongly resist any other ideas.

Yes they do, but the labels are based upon the state of knowledge to this point, based upon scientific observation. The form that 'resistance' takes is to demand a high standard of proof to change the paradigm. That is as it should be. To expect otherwise is wrong. How stoopid a society do we want when rectally sourced information is deemed equal to science? It's called an idiocracy, and I am not going to contribute to the process.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I understand Johnny's POV and I have no problem with it. My layman's view of archaeology (and that is all it is) is that they will prototype cultures tip to stern based on modern examples. They then state those prototype "opinions" in scientific journals to backup the stuff they have found. At that point, it becomes dogma.

Archaeology is not (again in my opinion) a science that can be "duplicated and verified by peers". It is based completely on trying to figure out stories to match with artifacts. If the stories seem ludicrous to the listener and that listener is in some state of authority, the teller of the story loses his job, repuation, and career.

That is my beef.

Please guys, if you want to discuss the concept of bias in this field, let's take it to another thread or U2U. We have already derailed the initial topic enough.
edit on 11-14-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Your post is the exact reason why I have a hard time with the conventional view of archiology; the fact is, we DON'T know very much about the past. If we can't verify this alot of this information, then why is it held as sacred gospel, not to be challenged? The fact is, serious scientists who have had long bodies of credible work and then suggested that ancient astronaut theory could have SOME grounding in fact have been shunned permanently by the scientific community, due to the fact that we supposedly know everything there's to know in regards to these things. That's my last word on that topic---I just hate to see people on ATS who get railroaded by a supposed set of "verified truths" when the fact is, that is FAR from the truth. I think it's chilling discourse on this site; because why would you make a post when you know you're going to get told you're crazy (although polietly) by the skeptic brigade?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Thanks for the link to the picture plube.

If it is really a burial chamber maybe it is the final resting place of the Quetzalcoatl. Hopefully the skeleton will be preserved and they can verify the bone structure. Was he Native American, Asian, European, African or Middle Eastern?

The sea shells on the temple may indicate that he came from the sea?

Temple of the Feathered Serpent

I think the theory of him being Phoenician is very interesting.
Was the Aztec god Quetzalcoatl a Phoenician?
edit on 14-11-2010 by lostinspace because: removed comment that did not apply

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
...why would you make a post when you know you're going to get told you're crazy (although polietly) by the skeptic brigade?

On the other hand...what is the stated governing principal of this site? It is Deny Ignorance!

I have a degree of archeological training. I have walked the fringes, have been fortunate to visit Oak Island, L'ans aux Meadows, Red Bay Labrador, worked with psychic investigators...and when I see somebody say that...according to a robot-taken video of the inside of a structure...they are seeing an arch and proclaiming that it could not have been constructed by contemporary artisans of the day...well forgive me all to #, but I just gotta call shenanigans.

Have fun, folks, but in the words of the prophet..."Don't step in that, Wilbur..."

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by greybeard1

I totally agree with you, to me there is so much proof behind the ancient alien theory that it seems ignorant and unscientific to learn more about it, I dont know how much more proof is needed, its like saying the ancient mayans never existed and them saying "what proof do you have they existed " then you say, " well see all these pictures of hyroglyphs, and written acounts and painted depictions of what the mayans look like and who they were, " Then these so called archeologists say, "thats impossible, they dont exist this isnt proof" My Gosh, really? Their minds are to closed in on logic, but part of being a scientist of any nature is thinking outside the box, not assuming that something is or isnt true based solely on past knowledge, part of being a scientist is looking at the data at hand, the evidence then analyzing that data, ive had this drilled into my head for the last two years as a biology major.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Why is it that INAH has taken down their web site and no new pictures from INSIDE the tomb have come out. Nothing since the announcement and release of photos by Tlaloque I on the way into to the blocked off area. It was described, but nothing was ever released for the public and now you cannot find ANYTHING on it. It has been almost 2 months since the archeologists were preparing to head into the 'tomb'. Anyone have any ideas on how to get an update?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join