It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything Will Be All Right!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
so, to balance out the disproportionate amount of doom predictions, i decided to take the other approach. The powers that be generally do have our best interests in mind. not everyone in power is nefarious. people are good by nature. collectively, we seek justice. good beats evil is the ideal. the world is in turmoil now, but that's just a catalyst for growth and progress. we've come a long way in a few hundred years. for every injustice, there is justice... for every hurt there is healing. open your hearts and minds to the good in humanity. things will get better. the ultimate goal in life is liberty and happiness. be a champion of freedom!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

I agree with your "Catalyst for growth" part. As for the rest, good and evil are subjective. I predict that this month, I will establish global domination, and you will all obey me every whim.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

haha. i just think people want to see destructions because we've been so conditioned to view it as entertainment. lets face it, we all get that rush of adrenaline when we see fear based buzz words.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You're on the wrong site if you truly believe that TPTB have everyone's best interests at heart, other than their own.

It's a nice thought, but better go back to watching "Leave it to Beaver".

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Let's say they (the TPTB) DO have our better interests in mind. Then, let's take a look at the better part of the threads on ATS...as you point out, they are largely gloom and doom. Therein lies our interest. So, maybe they are good for us.

Many of us (not excluding myself) want these gloom and doom prophecies/predictions to come to pass because we want change. Our current mode-of-life is just not satisfying.
edit on 13-11-2010 by kalunom because: missing word

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well "the PTB have everyone's best inerests" fails to pass the first hurdle; the economy. If they have your best interests why is there an incredible amount of undeniable fraud and failure in the economy? They're not retards (intellectually), so they know exactly what they're doing.

But agreed with what you said about gloom and doom predictions.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

i think you give these guys too much power and control. they're just pawns to fate the same way we are. and when you break things down, we're still doing pretty okay despite all the complaints. i think we have been spoiled. we don't know what its like to really suffer like croatia, or darfur. we've become spoiled petulant children.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Let's say they (the TPTB) DO have our better interests in mind. Then, let's take a look at the better part of the threads on ATS...as you point out, they are largely gloom and doom. Therein lies our interest. So, maybe they are good for us.

Many of us (not excluding myself) want these gloom and doom prophecies/predictions to come to pass because we want change. Our current mode-of-life is just not satisfying.
edit on 13-11-2010 by kalunom because: missing word

by why does change have to happen from chaos? ; ) from chaos-order? no. from intellectual discourse comes progression. violence is a base emotion. its primitive. it makes us animals. we've moved passed that.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
No, the OP is mostly correct in stating that imminent death doesn't await us all. They CAN kill all of us, but they won't. The reasoning behind this is rather simple, IF they did kill us all, WHO then would do the dirty work that makes their way of life attainable? They won't be the ones working in the coal mines, on the oil rigs, nor the hydro-electric dams. They won't be out feeding the cattle or watering the crops for market. When the world runs out of power, if ALL the electricity were shut off tomorrow, never to be turned back on - what then? Within 10 years, the world would be reverted back to the stone age. They now know that religion is quickly running out of steam as a method of controlling the populace. It was, by far, a very effective method of maintaining power over the people.
If they killed only half of us, they know the other half of us would rise up and rebel against them - they would lose their power.

Picture this: (maybe as a movie at least)

An alien race makes itself known to humankind. They state they have created us, and have been watching us and are all very disappointed in the way we've turned out. They demand that our society changes into a military-type atmosphere, or we face complete and total annihilation. To prove their point, they blast a few large cities - they cause tidal waves and earthquakes - eventually - we concede. There are curfews. There are stiff penalties for disobedience. You must work 12 hour days, and the only pay you receive are the bare necessities to support your family. The MSM transforms into a propaganda machine. Home computers are gone, the internet is gone, HAM radio operators are gone. Periodically across our TV screen, on the only channel we get, we see our alien overlords dictating their whims. Whenever rebellions arise out of control, the aliens blast the offending region from their vantage point above our planet, erasing the offending scourge and reminding the onlookers that obedience is required. After years of this, the rebellions finally infiltrate the aliens headquarters on earth and discover nothing more than a sound stage and clever CGI graphics. There never were any aliens.
It was all the governments new form of mind control.

Ok, so it's a B movie

At least I'm thinkin'!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
so, to balance out the disproportionate amount of doom predictions, i decided to take the other approach.

Good, anything to save us from another "the world is ending tomorrow thread.

The powers that be generally do have our best interests in mind.

I'm not sure anyone could agree with that, it certainly doesn't seem to be backed up by the evidence of history

not everyone in power is nefarious.

I'm sure your right, can't think of any examples at the moment though.

people are good by nature.

People are just people by nature, neither good nor evil

collectively, we seek justice.

Collectively we usually seek sex and hamburgers

good beats evil is the ideal. the world is in turmoil now, but that's just a catalyst for growth and progress. we've come a long way in a few hundred years. for every injustice, there is justice... for every hurt there is healing. open your hearts and minds to the good in humanity. things will get better. the ultimate goal in life is liberty and happiness. be a champion of freedom!

Nicely put!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'm working on an interpretation of Revelations and it does say that all but the truly evil at heart will be spared the second death.

top topics

join